EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, 315Eagles said:

Oklahoma QBs arent looking too good lately.   Murray, Baker, Hurts.  Or is Hurts considered a Bama QB?

He had by far his best college season at OU so even though he spent more time at Bama I'd say he's a product of the OU system as that's where he played last and probably what he brought with him to the NFL.

Sometimes it's the system and not the players.  Clearly the OU system at the college level was favourable to QBs, plus in that conference that's not known for good D. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cliftoma said:

Again, we don't know what Hurts is being taught in terms of progressions and during the week.  I mean Sirianni showed them some Rocky and Kobe clips but did he really prepare Hurts and the rest of the team? 

Yes, Hurts is late but is that due to Sirianni not teaching him the game? 🤷‍♂️

Not making excuses.  Just not sold on any of the bunch Sirianni, Hurts and especially not Gannon.  

The offense minus the QB and Reagor was executing at a high level all season.  That showed on tape.  It's pretty clear Siri can teach, instill, inspire and lead.

2 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Hurts wishes he was half as good as Murray.

I think murray is a better quarterback than hurts and has a better arm. but Kyler Murray every year starts out on fire. Then midway through the year he gets banged up and he’s nowhere near the same player. Additionally he still has the same problem he’s had since his rookie year. He has these plays 1-2 plays in the middle of a game and you’re just like wtf are you doing. have a good friend who is a diehard Cardinals fan we talk about this all the time. It’s consistent if you watch the cardinals every week. 1-2 WTF are doing plays. 

2 hours ago, Cliftoma said:

Again, we don't know what Hurts is being taught in terms of progressions and during the week.  I mean Sirianni showed them some Rocky and Kobe clips but did he really prepare Hurts and the rest of the team? 

Yes, Hurts is late but is that due to Sirianni not teaching him the game? 🤷‍♂️

Not making excuses.  Just not sold on any of the bunch Sirianni, Hurts and especially not Gannon.  

The best coach in the history of college football benched Hurts at halftime of the championship game for a true freshman and never looked back.  I’d say we shouldn’t blame Sirianni or coaching for Hurts not being taught the game.  

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think murray is a better quarterback than hurts and has a better arm. but Kyler Murray every year starts out on fire. Then midway through the year he gets banged up and he’s nowhere near the same player. Additionally he still has the same problem he’s had since his rookie year. He has these plays 1-2 plays in the middle of a game and you’re just like wtf are you doing. have a good friend who is a diehard Cardinals fan we talk about this all the time. It’s consistent if you watch the cardinals every week. 1-2 WTF are doing plays. 

Hurts has like 21-22 WTF are you doing plays every week.

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Depends on the narrative you are trying to push 

You're right.  I shouldn't be calling Hurts a QB.

7 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Cardinals' gameplan is traaash. 

If i were the cardinals I’d actually fire kingsbury. This is the third consecutive year they started off well and just completely nosedived at the end of the year. I didn’t think he was a very good coach at Texas Tech. so I’m not really sure why the Cardinals believed he be a better coach in the NFL except for the fact they did it for Kyler murray. which clearly murray has the same issues kingsbury does which is he starts out great at the beginning of the year and then a decline as the year continues. Plus at his size he gets banged up

they can find a good head coach that believes in Kyler Murray and the weapons they have on offense. 

4 minutes ago, DoWorx said:

WTF happened to Arizona?

Since they lost Hopkins, haven't been the same.

It's nice for Murray where he can just throw it up in Hopkins vicinity and he'll go get it.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If i were the cardinals I’d actually fire kingsbury. This is the third consecutive year they started off well and just completely nosedived at the end of the year. I didn’t think he was a very good coach at Texas Tech. so I’m not really sure why the Cardinals believed he be a better coach in the NFL except for the fact they did it for Kyler murray which clearly murray has the same issues kingsbury does which is he starts out great at the beginning of the year and then a decline as the year continues.

fine they can find a good head coach that believes in Kyler Murray and the weapons they have on offense. 

The solution would be to have Kingsbury be the HC until the start of November and then have Brian Flores take over as HC for the rest of the year.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

Rams being conservative here. Don't get that.

Especially after the niners came back from 17-0 down last week. 

51 minutes ago, tuffstuff07 said:

Gonna be crazy that the team that had the best record in the NFL for half the season will be blown out 

Second year in a row....or was the Steelers 2 years ago?  Can't remember.

Rams score a TD before HT and then get the ball to start the 2nd half and they could be up 35-0. 

Hey, NFL, how soon before you expend the playoffs to 8 teams per conference.  Or maybe do what college basketball does and have ALL the teams play in a playoff tournament so the regular season is just for seeding the teams?  Like how teams go 0-14 in their conference and still get to compete in the conference tournament.  Would have been cool to see the following play-in games:

JAX at ATL

DET at CHI

HOU at CAR

NYJ at NYG

I think you're really missing out here and need to get on the ball.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

The solution would be to have Kingsbury be the HC until the start of November and then have Brian Flores take over as HC for the rest of the year.

I actually don’t think Brian Flores would be a bad hire for the Cardinals. Because they can use help in their secondary and that defense. But I see the Cardinals going after an offensive minded coach if they were to fire Kliff Kingsbury. I think the guy they’d target would be daboll. 

16 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Didn't think the Cards would follow the Eagles game plan on how to get blown out in a playoff game 🤣

It makes sense. If you want to get blown out, we know how to do it.

I actually don’t think Brian Flores would be a bad hire for the Cardinals. Because they can use help in their secondary and that defense. But I see the Cardinals going after an offensive minded coach if they were to fire Kliff Kingsbury. I think the guy they’d target would be daboll. 

I saw an article today that said that the Bears really like Flores from their time with the joint practices with Miami. 

Just now, Green_Guinness said:

Rams score a TD before HT and then get the ball to start the 2nd half and they could be up 35-0. 

Hey, NFL, how soon before you expend the playoffs to 8 teams per conference.  Or maybe do what college basketball does and have ALL the teams play in a playoff tournament so the regular season is just for seeding the teams?  Like how teams go 0-14 in their conference and still get to compete in the conference tournament.  Would have been cool to see the following play-in games:

JAX at ATL

DET at CHI

HOU at CAR

NYJ at NYG

I think you're really missing out here and need to get on the ball.

I actually believe this is going to happen within the next 5-7 years. I also think an 18th game is coming. 

11 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

The best coach in the history of college football benched Hurts at halftime of the championship game for a true freshman and never looked back.  I’d say we shouldn’t blame Sirianni or coaching for Hurts not being taught the game.  

Well, the true freshmen was the number overall pick despite a broken hip. Tua was really good before he got injured.

Look, I would love to upgrade the QB position but I don't see viable options in either the draft or via trade.  (The most REALISTIC option I see is Derek Carr). 

So either the Eagles:

(a) go for a veteran and give up signicant draft capital which will detract from improving at other desperate needs or

(b) draft a flawed prospect (from what I have read) with an unknown coaching staff or

(c) they try to coach up the player, bring up the talent on the roster around him and be better.

I actually believe this is going to happen within the next 5-7 years. I also think an 18th game is coming. 

They will keep doing this until fans watch less and attend less.  All about money now for the NFL.

Archived