****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

That was super important for both ManU and Chelsea. Too bad for Leicester. 

3 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

That was super important for both ManU and Chelsea. Too bad for Leicester. 

Yeah it really was a shame for them but they blew it really. It was there for them and they were miles ahead but blew it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah it really was a shame for them but they blew it really. It was there for them and they were miles ahead but blew it. 

14 points ahead in January

Transfer window is open! 

9 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Transfer window is open! 

I don't see a lot of business happening this year due to the current climate. What do you think?

• Like 1

I still think Man Utd signs 3 or 4 guys. I hope they go for these 

#1 Sancho (Already offered 89 million I think) 

Donny van de Beek Attacking midfielder 

Grealish (Might be too expensive because they are staying) 

Declan Rice CDM 

Nathan Aké CB 

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Declan Rice CDM 

Nathan Aké CB 

I think at most they get 2 but I guess 3 wouldn't be out of the question. 4 definitely is though bud. 

A couple guys that would provide depth from the clubs that got relegated that are definitely cheaper now 

Villa owner wants a ton for Grealish so unless the bid comes down no way. 

On 7/27/2020 at 12:55 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Declan Rice CDM 

Nathan Aké CB 

Spanish media reports that they’re trying to buy James Rodriguez for the bargain price of about €25M. Would be a great addition for you guys. Higher wages than DvB, but a cheaper transfer cost and a more decisive player. For the life of me I don’t understand why Zidane hasn’t been able to incorporate him into the squad.

6 hours ago, TEW said:

Spanish media reports that they’re trying to buy James Rodriguez for the bargain price of about €25M. Would be a great addition for you guys. Higher wages than DvB, but a cheaper transfer cost and a more decisive player. For the life of me I don’t understand why Zidane hasn’t been able to incorporate him into the squad.

I mean he'd give United some depth but I'm not sure where he really fits? 

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean he'd give United some depth but I'm not sure where he really fits? 

He was La Liga midfielder of the year playing as a CM, he won the World Cup golden boot playing as a CAM, and he was Monaco’s best player as a RW. 

Take your pick...

He would be depth behind Bruno and Sancho which Man Utd desperately needs. Cheaper than Grealish for sure 

4 hours ago, TEW said:

He was La Liga midfielder of the year playing as a CM, he won the World Cup golden boot playing as a CAM, and he was Monaco’s best player as a RW. 

Take your pick...

But that was a few years ago now. He's struggled for form for a while and isn't the young player that United should be looking at.

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But that was a few years ago now. He's struggled for form for a while and isn't the young player that United should be looking at.

Not sure I agree he’s struggled for form. He’s been a pretty decisive player (at least for Madrid, didn’t watch him in Germany), even coming off the bench. Zidane just doesn’t like him, either personally and/or professionally, and so he doesn’t see the field since we are so stacked at midfield.

But for a team that needs some firepower to challenge on multiple fronts? At a cheap price? I’d be interested if I were United.

1 hour ago, TEW said:

But for a team that needs some firepower to challenge on multiple fronts? At a cheap price? I’d be interested if I were United.

I just don't think he fits the bill. He's 29 so he's getting towards the latter years of his career at the top level. He'll no doubt demand a pretty lofty wage too and I think United need to look at other positions. Sancho, a CB and a DM.

House money day for Chelsea today in FA Cup final. Would be an excellent cap off of a great transition year which started out looking like it might be a trip to the bottom half of the table and instead looks like a step toward possibly competing for the title over the next couple of years. 

Arsenal need the win though to be able to get into Europe and secure much needed financial input. Could be 4-3 type of thriller as Chelsea will no doubt be very aggressive forward leaving their shaky back line with little support. 

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

House money day for Chelsea today in FA Cup final. Would be an excellent cap off of a great transition year which started out looking like it might be a trip to the bottom half of the table and instead looks like a step toward possibly competing for the title over the next couple of years. 

Arsenal need the win though to be able to get into Europe and secure much needed financial input. Could be 4-3 type of thriller as Chelsea will no doubt be very aggressive forward leaving their shaky back line with little support. 

Should be a good one this actually. I don't watch a lot of soccer anymore but this one I do plan on watching. 

If Chelsea win this that's a great first year under Frank. Especially given the transfer restrictions last summer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Rashford 22, Martial 24, Sancho 20, Bruno 25, Pogba 27, Greenwood 28

Greenwood 28? 

That's a nice set of young guys.

Here is another one:

• 21 Pulisic
  • 21 Mount
  • 20 James
  • 19 Hudson-Odoi
  • 22 Abraham
  • 22 Tomori
  • 24 Loftus Cheek

All are English as well except for Pulisic.  That is a good thing for an English club.  You want a core of English guys.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

That's a nice set of young guys.

Here is another one:

• 21 Pulisic
  • 21 Mount
  • 20 James
  • 19 Hudson-Odoi
  • 22 Abraham
  • 22 Tomori
  • 24 Loftus Cheek

All are English as well except for Pulisic.  That is a good thing for an English club.  You want a core of English guys.

Wouldn't it be nice if both United and Chelsea could catch Citeh and Liverpool and then go on to become the dominant forces in England with such a strong core of English players. 

I also saw a chart the other day of players under 25 to have scored 17 or more goals... In the top 5 were Rashford, Martial and Sancho. Plus if Greenwood would have played more games I'm sure he'd have gotten to 17 goals. Not a bad front line potentially for United that hey. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wouldn't it be nice if both United and Chelsea could catch Citeh and Liverpool and then go on to become the dominant forces in England with such a strong core of English players. 

Well I’m no ManU fan but I am tired of City. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Well I’m no ManU fan but I am tired of City. 

No I know bud but would be good for the English game to have 2 teams fighting it out who both have such a strong English contingent.

• Like 1