****OFFICIAL SOCCER THREAD****

TEW

Strange tactics from Tuchel.  Chelsea with tons of semi-pressure but leaving Real wide open on the break.  Could easily be 4-2 Real at the  half.

Chelsea and Bayern BTFO’d. La Liga is the best league in the world and Benzema is the best player in the world.

• Haha 1

Benzene goals were awesome. Two of them anyway. 

Just now, DrPhilly said:

Benzene goals were awesome. Two of them anyway. 

The Mendy goal was pretty bad. I guess it made up for the misses Benz, Carvajal and Vini had.

Honestly, I don’t think Madrid played that great of a game. Their technical superiority was on display in the first half with how comfortably they played out of the back, but we left some chances on the table and the second half was way too complacent.

With Militao out next leg you guys still have a chance; our short CBs are extremely vulnerable in the air. If Lukaku is going to have a redemption arc, this will be his opportunity.

Madrid are going to need to play possession and force Chelsea to play on the counter.

1 minute ago, TEW said:

The Mendy goal was pretty bad. I guess it made up for the misses Benz, Carvajal and Vini had.

Honestly, I don’t think Madrid played that great of a game. Their technical superiority was on display in the first half with how comfortably they played out of the back, but we left some chances on the table and the second half was way too complacent.

With Militao out next leg you guys still have a chance; our short CBs are extremely vulnerable in the air. If Lukaku is going to have a redemption arc, this will be his opportunity.

Madrid are going to need to play possession and force Chelsea to play on the counter.

It was a strange game for Chelsea. Losing Kante and then the immediate Mendy gift pretty much sealed it. Chelsea has plenty of chances though.

7 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

It was a strange game for Chelsea. Losing Kante and then the immediate Mendy gift pretty much sealed it. Chelsea has plenty of chances though.

Kante went off injured? I thought it was a tactical sub. In any case, I don’t think Kante was the difference. Madrid really negated his style of game. The key to opening things up for Madrid was Vinicius. He’s just so fast down that left flank. No real way for Kante to make an impact when Madrid are passing it around with ease then sending it forward on the left.

Chelsea just needs an early goal. That’s the obvious, easy thing to say, but Carlo has been really passive this season with the lead. I’m deathly afraid he’ll park the bus and make Lukaku look like Wilt Chamberlain rebounding at the local Y.

Crazy stat (UCL all time goal scorers):

1- ronaldo 140 ( 19 penalties )

2- messi 125 ( 18 penalties )

3- lewandowski 85 ( 16 penalties )

4- benzema 82 ( 1 penalty )

Begs the question of where Benz might be if he had been the #1 option at Madrid and not acting as the team’s primary creator — not to mention taking penalties.

He’d easily be above Lewa. Might even give Messi a run for his money.

6 hours ago, TEW said:

Kante went off injured? I thought it was a tactical sub. In any case, I don’t think Kante was the difference. Madrid really negated his style of game. The key to opening things up for Madrid was Vinicius. He’s just so fast down that left flank. No real way for Kante to make an impact when Madrid are passing it around with ease then sending it forward on the left.

Chelsea just needs an early goal. That’s the obvious, easy thing to say, but Carlo has been really passive this season with the lead. I’m deathly afraid he’ll park the bus and make Lukaku look like Wilt Chamberlain rebounding at the local Y.

Crazy stat (UCL all time goal scorers):

1- ronaldo 140 ( 19 penalties )

2- messi 125 ( 18 penalties )

3- lewandowski 85 ( 16 penalties )

4- benzema 82 ( 1 penalty )

Begs the question of where Benz might be if he had been the #1 option at Madrid and not acting as the team’s primary creator — not to mention taking penalties.

He’d easily be above Lewa. Might even give Messi a run for his money.

Yeah, Kante had a tweak.

The wide open play for Real was due to Tuchel pressing so far forward. What was apparent was the amount of space and time Chelsea had with the ball compared to what they normally have in the Prem. Real did not impress me in their team defending. The counter was another thing entirely. 

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Yeah, Kante had a tweak.

The wide open play for Real was due to Tuchel pressing so far forward. What was apparent was the amount of space and time Chelsea had with the ball compared to what they normally have in the Prem. Real did not impress me in their team defending. The counter was another thing entirely. 

Madrid don’t press as is fashionable these days. We’re pretty happy to let the other team have the ball. Against actual competition, like Europa League Barca, that can hurt. Against farmer league teams in the EPL, it doesn’t. :P

Anyway, Carlo plays a pretty reserved defense. The flip side, of course, is that sure — you get time on the ball, but what can you actually do with it? And what happens when you lose possession?

Madrid have, at their core, been a counter attacking team since Mourinho. We’re still that today, but it’s based more around Vinicius’ speed and Benz arriving late for the finish instead of Benz acting as playmaker for Ronaldo. Outside in instead of inside out.

Madrid are too reserved these days for my liking, but in a better league than the EPL Madrid are 2nd in goals allowed with 26 in 30 games. It’s nerve wrecking at times, but has proven to be effective. Part of it has to do with the age of Kroos and Modric. They just don’t have the legs to press like Klopp. Part of it has to do with our weakness at FB. Mendy is a purely defensive back and Carvajal has fallen off a cliff compared to his glory days. Part of it has to do with how devastating we can be on the counter. No need to really comment on that one.

Like I said, not an impressive showing from Madrid. But we get you at home with a two goal lead, and you haven’t taken anything close to our best shot yet. And if this piss poor excuse for an Atleti team made a game of it against City, I’m really not scared at all of any English side. Villarreal frighten me more, and that’s not trolling. Plus Carlo is the best knockout coach in the competition by a mile.

43 minutes ago, TEW said:

Madrid don’t press as is fashionable these days. We’re pretty happy to let the other team have the ball. Against actual competition, like Europa League Barca, that can hurt. Against farmer league teams in the EPL, it doesn’t. :P

Anyway, Carlo plays a pretty reserved defense. The flip side, of course, is that sure — you get time on the ball, but what can you actually do with it? And what happens when you lose possession?

Madrid have, at their core, been a counter attacking team since Mourinho. We’re still that today, but it’s based more around Vinicius’ speed and Benz arriving late for the finish instead of Benz acting as playmaker for Ronaldo. Outside in instead of inside out.

Madrid are too reserved these days for my liking, but in a better league than the EPL Madrid are 2nd in goals allowed with 26 in 30 games. It’s nerve wrecking at times, but has proven to be effective. Part of it has to do with the age of Kroos and Modric. They just don’t have the legs to press like Klopp. Part of it has to do with our weakness at FB. Mendy is a purely defensive back and Carvajal has fallen off a cliff compared to his glory days. Part of it has to do with how devastating we can be on the counter. No need to really comment on that one.

Like I said, not an impressive showing from Madrid. But we get you at home with a two goal lead, and you haven’t taken anything close to our best shot yet. And if this piss poor excuse for an Atleti team made a game of it against City, I’m really not scared at all of any English side. Villarreal frighten me more, and that’s not trolling. Plus Carlo is the best knockout coach in the competition by a mile.

Chelsea isn’t the full attacking side. Both ManC and Liverpool will take your back apart. Chelsea had a slew of chances but we just aren’t clinical. Chelsea is a great matchup for this year’s Real. 

3 hours ago, TEW said:

Chelsea about to get sent packing back to their farmer domestic league.

You lucked out. Got your arse kicked in regulation. Overturning Alonso goal highly skeptical. 

14 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

You lucked out. Got your arse kicked in regulation. Overturning Alonso goal highly skeptical. 

And let's not pretend Chelsea didn't have multiple chances to go up, even after that. 

• Like 1

Just got done watching the game on DVR.

What you all fail to understand is that Madrid as a club are like a better, more reliable to win, version of Tom Brady. Not one player. Not even a team. But an entire historical club. This is what we do. We win in UCL. If I can stomach being down in the 92nd minute to Atleti in a final do you really think I was sweating this?

Ancelotti had bone headed decisions, as he has had most of the season, but thankfully subbed Kroos (he has never been athletic and at this point in his career should be coming off the bench in the 70th minute) for Camavinga. That’s really all that was needed from the start, but I guess Don Carlo wanted to entertain the fans.

The simple fact is that English teams have no skill. None. Nada. You just know they aren’t going to convert chances. Pulisic is obviously born to foreign parents because he’s the only American who can’t shoot. Chelsea faces a back line of — no joke — Vazquez, Carvajal, Alaba and Marcelo and couldn’t score when it counted! :lol: :roll: 

Madrid would never fathom such a defense against a Segunda Spanish side, but for EPL teams in UCL extra time, no problem! :lol: 

Outcome was never in doubt. Chel$ki BTFO. Bayern BTFO. Can’t wait to play Atleti in the next round and Villarreal in the final!

Vamos La Liga! Hala Madrid y nada mas!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Losers always talk about luck.

Winners F the prom queen.

Alonso goal was absolutely a handball and even the incredibly biased farmers league commentators admit it. Sorry there are actual rules and we aren’t playing basketball here.

On top of that, Chel$ki were awarded a phantom corner which was converted to a goal, so even with actual luck giving you a goal you didn’t deserve, you still lost.

Chelsea in shambles, going to lose in the domestic cup next! :lol: 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TEW said:

Just got done watching the game on DVR.

What you all fail to understand is that Madrid as a club are like a better, more reliable to win, version of Tom Brady. Not one player. Not even a team. But an entire historical club. This is what we do. We win in UCL. If I can stomach being down in the 92nd minute to Atleti in a final do you really think I was sweating this?

If I didn't watch the game and saw the score first I doubt I'd be nervous either.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

His outside right foot is completely outrageous. Probably the only equal to Roberto Carlos’ outside left foot.

Modric though was hampered most of the match by Kroos. Kroos is just not the same guy he was and it hampers the whole team. We need to be starting Camavinga. Kroos hit the wall athletically. Good maybe for a super sub late in games to control possession to close out a lead or to take free kicks. 

7 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

If I didn't watch the game and saw the score first I doubt I'd be nervous either.

I don’t look at the score. That’s the whole point of DVR.

The inferior squad got a gift overturned goal and a truly spectacular single chance via Modric to avoid a total embarrassment. The third place out of form and beaten up Chelsea team on a sanctions based tiny travel budget goes into the holy shrine down two goals and completely devours and dismantles a sheet Real side. Too funny. 

6 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

The inferior squad got a gift overturned goal and a truly spectacular single chance via Modric to avoid a total embarrassment. The third place out of form and beaten up Chelsea team on a sanctions based tiny travel budget goes into the holy shrine down two goals and completely devours and dismantles a sheet Real side. Too funny. 

:lol: 

The copium is delicious! Yum yum yum yum 😋 

Farmers team Chel$ki doesn’t realize there is a first leg and that you have to defend after the 70th minute. Couldn’t score when it mattered against Carvajal at CB. :lol:

Is big bad City going to cope this badly against Atleti if they lose? Stay tuned for the next episode of the EPL getting BTFO’d show!

1 hour ago, TEW said:

:lol: 

The copium is delicious! Yum yum yum yum 😋 

Farmers team Chel$ki doesn’t realize there is a first leg and that you have to defend after the 70th minute. Couldn’t score when it mattered against Carvajal at CB. :lol:

Is big bad City going to cope this badly against Atleti if they lose? Stay tuned for the next episode of the EPL getting BTFO’d show!

😄😄 your Real bullsheet is really quite entertaining

• Like 1