Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Looks great!

There are so many great/hilariously awful moments in that movie.  The shot in the trailer of the little girl on the bed covered by tarantulas ends with Shatner standing at the foot of the bed and having the girl jump into his arms.  He catches her and immediately turns and throws her on the floor, also completely covered by tarantulas.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

There are so many great/hilariously awful moments in that movie.  The shot in the trailer of the little girl on the bed covered by tarantulas ends with Shatner standing at the foot of the bed and having the girl jump into his arms.  He catches her and immediately turns and throws her on the floor, also completely covered by tarantulas.

It actually kinda looks like parts of Arachnophobia were ripped off of it to be honest :lol: 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

My favorite part of that trailer was Harry Hard-On Shatner standing against the post, crushing a beer, and contemplating what it would be like to smash the hot doctor that just told them that the spiders will kill them all. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

My favorite part of that trailer was Harry Hard-On Shatner standing against the post, crushing a beer, and contemplating what it would be like to smash the hot doctor that just told them that the spiders will kill them all. 

Then you would love Impulse with Shatner as a 70s ladies man/psycho killer:

• Haha 1

I saw Terrifier for the first time. Surprised the effects were that good for a low budget movie. 

• Like 1

Very excited for this.  The first in this series was awesome, and they're coming out with a 2nd and 3rd.  It's a slow burn FF/mockumentary with a huge payoff if you stick with it.  Found footage isn't for everyone, and there are 9 horrible ones for every good one, but Horror in the High Desert is one of the best.  

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 12:37 PM, Shepard Wong said:

I haven’t seen this yet but am planning to catch it in the theater this week.  If you can’t get out to see it, it was announced that it is coming to Shudder on February 2nd.

Watching this tonight.  Can't wait!! 

This wasn't on my radar at all.  I'll definitely check it out.

I watched There is Something Wrong with the Children earlier this week and it was a mixed bag.  I generally like creepy kid movies and there are some cool aspects to this that work on that level but, oh my god, some of the directing choices are laughably awful.  By far the worst part of the movie is the soundtrack/score.  It is so amateurish and over the top I literally laughed out loud a few times at what should have been the dramatic high points of the movie.  

Edit: This is a very spoiler heavy trailer.

• Like 1

Skinamarink - definitely not my cup of tea.  WTF did I just watch?  Spoilers below.  

Spoiler

The whole movie made me feel like I was a terrified little kid in the dark, which was maybe the point.  It only kept me on the edge of my seat because of the slow moving camera and because nothing happens.  I think the sister might already be dead, one of the parents knocks Kevin down the stairs, downplays it, and then Kevin ends up dead or in a coma and this is the distorted messed up world he sees/lives in  now.  And maybe his sister is mouthless because she never said anything about it when she was alive.  

• Thanks 1

Haven't had a chance to see it yet but from what I've heard there isn't much middle ground on Skinamarink, either you love it or hate it.

I've heard people call it a masterpiece while others walked out on it.  I'm looking forward to checking it out. 

I'm seeing the new M Night movie after work tonight. I've heard mostly positive things so I'm pretty excited to check it out.

• Like 2

I really liked Knock at the Cabin, even if I keep wanting to add the word door to the end of the title.  Some really exceptional acting all around.

I won't say much other than to point out that I haven't seen a review yet, either positive or negative, that doesn't grossly miss the point of the movie.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

I really liked Knock at the Cabin, even if I keep wanting to add the word door to the end of the title.  Some really exceptional acting all around.

I won't say much other than to point out that I haven't seen a review yet, either positive or negative, that doesn't grossly miss the point of the movie.  

I think I letterboxd it as a 2.5 star. It wasn't bad but I'll probably never watch it again. It didn't have the M. Night curse of something moronic or out of place that happened at the end to leave a sour taste. It just did everything at a very formulaic level and didn't elevate anything. It also seemed like a PG13 movie that dropped the word f*** in there about 4 times that I noticed, so my guess is it has an R-rating even though none of the F's improved the story IMO and nothing else about the film could have pushed it out of a PG13 rating. 

• Like 1

The Halloween movie "Haunt” is on Hulu now.  I can’t recommend this one enough.  I posted about this movie a few years ago in the beginning of this thread, but it’s one of the most underrated horror movies I’ve ever seen.  It started out on Shudder but isn’t there anymore. It has gained popularity over time, but it’s still criminally underrated. I own it the special edition blu ray with 8 languages on dvd, but you don’t see me braggin about it.  @EaglePhan1986  

image.gif.e147240344f4b6232de98c028ba5ed60.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

The Halloween movie "Haunt” is on Hulu now.  I can’t recommend this one enough.  I posted about this movie a few years ago in the beginning of this thread, but it’s one of the most underrated horror movies I’ve ever seen.  It started out on Shudder but isn’t there anymore. It has gained popularity over time, but it’s still criminally underrated. I own it the special edition blu ray with 8 languages on dvd, but you don’t see me braggin about it.  @EaglePhan1986  

Is it actually scary or just hilarious? 

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Is it actually scary or just hilarious? 

It is legitimately scary. I just tagged you bc of the Hall Pass gif. 😂

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, hputenis said:

It is legitimately scary. I just tagged you bc of the Hall Pass gif. 😂

Typically not a fan of scary movies 

5 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Typically not a fan of scary movies 

Well then gtfo of my thread Nancy!  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Have you seen knock at the trailer? 

Oh wait that was real life… I knocked on @olsilverhair’s trailer and was let in by @Godfather. He was, as usual, in his wolf furry costume. Maybe it’s a coyote? Who knows. Olsilverpubes was tied up and getting whipped by @hputenis. They were blasting Backstreet Boys and there were some weird looking Mayan type mannequins dressed in leather. Next thing I know I wake up in a booth at Burger King. Only thing I was missing was one sock. Definitely don’t want it back. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Well then gtfo of my thread Nancy!  

Legit had no idea we were in horror movie thread. But peace out. F you and your ghey thread hoemoe 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Oh wait that was real life… I knocked on @olsilverhair’s trailer and was let in by @Godfather. He was, as usual, in his wolf furry costume. Maybe it’s a coyote? Who knows. Olsilverpubes was tied up and getting whipped by @hputenis. They were blasting Backstreet Boys and there were some weird looking Mayan type mannequins dressed in leather. Next thing I know I wake up in a booth at Burger King. Only thing I was missing was one sock. Definitely don’t want it back. 

Sorry everyone.  I disobeyed my own rule. Never read from the necronomicon!  It releases pantsless demons!  Jk @EaglePhan1986. You’re always welcome here.

image.gif.ad05163fd39f7acfcb93845d0f06d70d.gif

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

I’m a fan of this one too. May be time for a rewatch.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Don't get mad @hputenisand I didn't ask you to be in our horror movie. It's Saw x3

• Haha 1