Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

14 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

What were the big names? The lead is the only person with borderline household name, and that’s likely only for people who were Girls enthusiasts since 95% of Get Out’s praise was eaten up by the social commentary, Peele, and Kaluuya. 

it was an entertaining enough film but the concept depicted in trailers is what drove people to watch it, not any names attached to the project?

I was referring to the producers, JJ Abrams, James Wan, Blumhouse, etc…. Like I said, the actors were bad.

@Shepard Wong I finally met my match. Had to stop this movie right when it started. Antichrist. 

Spoiler

I have a daughter that same age and listening to that song while Willy Defoe was plugging his wife, while their child plunges to his death in slow motion was too much for me to handle. 

Meanwhile, sex with corpses, needles in eyes and weiners, torture, etc. I’m good with all that. 

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

@Shepard Wong I finally met my match. Had to stop this movie right when it started. Antichrist. 

Reveal hidden contents

I have a daughter that same age and listening to that song while Willy Defoe was plugging his wife, while their child plunges to his death in slow motion was too much for me to handle. 

Meanwhile, sex with corpses, needles in eyes and weiners, torture, etc. I’m good with all that. 

I can totally see why.  Von Trier can be a tough watch in general and Antichrist in particular is petty disturbing.

When my boys were younger, I remember starting a movie about a child abduction and I had to turn it off.  I don't remember which movie, maybe Prisoners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Reveal hidden contents

Semi-related note 

Spoiler

It's rumored that Willem Dafoe has a giant hog.  So big that they had to use body doubles for that movie cause his was too much :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

I can totally see why.  Von Trier can be a tough watch in general and Antichrist in particular is petty disturbing.

When my boys were younger, I remember starting a movie about a child abduction and I had to turn it off.  I don't remember which movie, maybe Prisoners.

Prisoners is an underrated movie - I can relate to how the dude acted throughout.  I'd be the same if it happened to my daughter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Prisoners is an underrated movie - I can relate to how the dude acted throughout.  I'd be the same if it happened to my daughter.

I love this movie. It's just brutal in so many ways. 

On 3/3/2023 at 3:13 PM, mikemack8 said:

Semi-related note 

Hide contents

It's rumored that Willem Dafoe has a giant hog.  So big that they had to use body doubles for that movie cause his was too much :lol:

Worst hidden contents I’ve ever seen. 😂 

• Haha 3

I honestly can’t wait for this. The first one is top 3 best found footage horror movies ever made. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 9:10 PM, hputenis said:

I honestly can’t wait for this. The first one is top 3 best found footage horror movies ever made. 

I watched it today. Had day off. Meh

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a pretty decent one last night on Tubi.  It was called "Baskin," and it reminded me of a low budget Turkish version of Hellraiser.  It was extremely messed up.  Do not watch if squeamish, but I would definitely recommend.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2023 at 1:33 PM, hputenis said:

I saw a pretty decent one last night on Tubi.  It was called "Baskin," and it reminded me of a low budget Turkish version of Hellraiser.  It was extremely messed up.  Do not watch if squeamish, but I would definitely recommend.  

Cool story 

I just finished M3gan or Megan or whatever the F it’s called about the AI doll. I like almost everything related to horror. It sucked. Don’t watch it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 3:39 PM, hputenis said:

I just finished M3gan or Megan or whatever the F it’s called about the AI doll. I like almost everything related to horror. It sucked. Don’t watch it. 

It sucked. But the doll thing is creepy as F. I swear the scariest thing in the world is CGI attempting to make real humans. It’s why I’ll never watch Polar Express. 

• Haha 1

I watched Infinity Pool last night. It’s a decent enough horror sci-fi ish watch. It’s Cronenbergs kid so has that vibe to it. Cinematography was really good. But I think I’m over Mia Goth just always being an absolute weirdo with no eyebrows. 

I think they could have done way more interesting things with the plot though. They introduced a really cool and creative concept but then kinda got lazy. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 3:39 PM, hputenis said:

You and @Godfather just made out the whole time I bet. Hopefully you left some popcorn cornels in @olsilverhair’s crate for him 

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2023 at 1:25 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

I watched Infinity Pool last night. It’s a decent enough horror sci-fi ish watch. It’s Cronenbergs kid so has that vibe to it. Cinematography was really good. But I think I’m over Mia Goth just always being an absolute weirdo with no eyebrows. 

I think they could have done way more interesting things with the plot though. They introduced a really cool and creative concept but then kinda got lazy. 

I thought the beginning of this was awesome, then it went downhill pretty quickly.  Overall I enjoyed it, but I agree,..........could have done a lot more with it.  

The reviews of Evil Dead Rise are insane.  The director's goal of this movie was to make the viewers puke, and they used 1720 gallons of fake blood during production.  I may leave the pants on during this movie.  

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

I’m rewatching Midsommar. I know Hereditary is the more popular, well known movie, but this movie is unbelievable. @mikemack8 I think I’ve seen you reference it somewhere, but the beginning scene where her sister commits suicide and murders her parents with that music and Dani hysterically crying is one of the most powerful movie scenes I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I’m rewatching Midsommar. I know Hereditary is the more popular, well known movie, but this movie is unbelievable. @mikemack8 I think I’ve seen you reference it somewhere, but the beginning scene where her sister commits suicide and murders her parents with that music and Dani hysterically crying is one of the most powerful movie scenes I’ve ever seen. 

Yep the wailing in cadence with the violins and sirens is so awful 

• Like 1

So after you posted that I pulled it up on YouTube and watched that scene again and immediately regretted it :lol: 

• Haha 1