Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

On 8/27/2023 at 11:19 AM, The_Omega said:

Evil Dead Rise - More like Evil Dead Lite. It was ok, had its moments, just wasn’t as relentlessly intense as other offerings. As for the gore, it had gore, it was graphic but, honestly, it almost felt tame by today’s standards, even as compared to the series.

They pushed too hard to make main girl a new Ash variant. I miss some of the humor and despised the monster mash at the end. Was a dumb change to the Evil Dead threat 

• Like 2

I finally got around to seeing Last Voyage of the Demeter and liked it.  It’s not a movie that is special in any way but it is well made and well acted.  For a new monster/vampire movie, I’ll take it. Worth a watch.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2023 at 4:14 PM, Shepard Wong said:

I finally got around to seeing Last Voyage of the Demeter and liked it.  It’s not a movie that is special in any way but it is well made and well acted.  For a new monster/vampire movie, I’ll take it. Worth a watch.

I love how you "finally got around to it.”  😂 Didn’t it just come out in the last few weeks?  Can’t wait to see it though. Glad it was worth the watch.  Did you like it better than "Talk to Me?”  

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, hputenis said:

I love how you "finally got around to it.”  😂 Didn’t it just come out in the last few weeks?  Can’t wait to see it though. Glad it was worth the watch.  Did you like it better than "Talk to Me?”  

No. Talk to Me was pretty exceptional.  Demeter isn’t on that level.

• Like 1

I liked Talk to Me

There were things about Demeter I didn't like but I'm a vampire fan so it was nice

The new Nun movie looks awesome. Same with the new Exorcist movie

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 7:28 PM, hputenis said:

"Talk to me”? @olsilverhair can’t talk to you with that rubber ball in his mouth. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

"Talk to me”? @olsilverhair can’t talk to you with that rubber ball in his mouth. 

Easy, gimmeheaddenredden, will report you, butt monkey

• Haha 2

Watched a Polish horror movie called Hellhole. Good flick. Although the version I watched had awful voice actors since the movie is in Polish, but still a good movie. Very freaky ending.

Hellhole-horror-movie-050223-01-3a5d9b01

• Like 1

Been watching a lot of Asian horror. Those guys know how to make horror. Anyone into more extreme horror? I saw a few movies off this list, but I don't know if I have the stomach to go deeper. I watched Martyrs, Serbian Film, Salos - 120 Days of Sodom. Couple more from this list. Not much into Hollywood horror.

• Like 1

Watching the Wrath of Becky my last night here in Beech Mountain.  Stifler is fantastic in this role. Great all around actor. Becky is terrible. They cast these movies terribly. Kevin James as a NSDAP is example #1. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hputenis said:

Watching the Wrath of Becky my last night here in Beech Mountain.  Stifler is fantastic in this role. Great all around actor. Becky is terrible. They cast these movies terribly. Kevin James as a NSDAP is example #1. 

Seriously. Who is this girl related to that she gets a second starring role movie?

Kevin James was dumb casting but at least you get to watch Kevin James get tortured and die, so that’s nice. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, hputenis said:

We used to expand our minds and hang out at The Land of Oz at the top of Beech Mtn. Until the cops found out we were there that is. Good times.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The_Omega said:

We used to expand our minds and hang out at The Land of Oz at the top of Beech Mtn. Until the cops found out we were there that is. Good times.

Stayed at a cabin there this weekend for our oldest daughter.  I have lived in NC since I was 18 and never knew this creepy place existed. Big fan! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Stayed at a cabin there this weekend for our oldest daughter.  I have lived in NC since I was 18 and never knew this creepy place existed. Big fan! 

We know where your next sci fi X rated film is going to be… this time don’t keep @olsilverhair locked under the floor boards 

44 pages of horror. Awesome. Everyone in here needs to watch "Talk to Me.”  @Shepard Wong was the first to see it and tell us all about it, and it is honestly one of the best horror movies I’ve seen in years.  Do yourselves a favor and watch it now!

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

44 pages of horror. Awesome. Everyone in here needs to watch "Talk to Me.”  @Shepard Wong was the first to see it and tell us all about it, and it is honestly one of the best horror movies I’ve seen in years.  Do yourselves a favor and watch it now!

Been looking forward to this one. Is it streaming on anything?

• Like 1

And now that Halloween is upon us. I have 2 daughters. One of them just turned 2 and the other is 3.5 months old. Here are some of our main attractions for the children. @Shepard Wong 

More to come everyone. Mwahahahahahaha!  This is a tiny snapshot of what our shed looks like. We had to put a black trash bag over the clown’s head because a few people went in there and absolutely freaked out. 😂 Dorks. 

Edit:  I’m pretty drunk after that Phillies walk-off, but our Doordash person freaked out because that clown speaks, and it’s now on our front porch.  It’s about 8 feet tall and it would probably intimidate Embiid in the playoffs, which isn’t very difficult. She actually dropped off an order from the wrong restaurant by accident because she was so scared 😂

601188BE-5BD0-4FED-97CB-4366CCD8DD96.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Been looking forward to this one. Is it streaming on anything?

It’s insane that you still can’t stream it anywhere without movie theater fees. It’s still $20 on Amazon prime. But it’s worth it in my opinion. One of the most disturbing movies I’ve seen since Midsommar. 

15 hours ago, hputenis said:

It’s insane that you still can’t stream it anywhere without movie theater fees. It’s still $20 on Amazon prime. But it’s worth it in my opinion. One of the most disturbing movies I’ve seen since Midsommar. 

Damn - I gotta get on watching this one.  

• Like 2

Crimes of the Future , David Cronenberg & Viggo Mortensen.  Holy Hells what a spectacular sci-fi body horror.  Plays kinda like a sequel to his 1996 Crash, but as a dystopian future flick.  Amazing script and eye popping scenes.  There's nudity if you need an extra push.

• Like 1

Just finished watching Talk to Me and yes it was very good. Had my eyes wide throughout they really did a great job on the WTF factor in the film. Definitely up there with Hereditary as an awesome horror movie. Really impressed 

• Like 2

On 9/23/2023 at 10:46 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Crimes of the Future , David Cronenberg & Viggo Mortensen.  Holy Hells what a spectacular sci-fi body horror.  Plays kinda like a sequel to his 1996 Crash, but as a dystopian future flick.  Amazing script and eye popping scenes.  There's nudity if you need an extra push.

Is it as good as Climax?  Because I still struggle to find something that excites me as much as that stupid movie. 😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, hputenis said:

Is it as good as Climax?  Because I still struggle to find something that excites me as much as that stupid movie. 😂

Yes!  Yes it is!  Ia dmit it appeals to the some of the same sensibilities.  Cronenberg and Gaspar Noe are ,masters at shock art horror and i am a fan.

• Like 1