EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

10 hours ago, justrelax said:

I believe I will ride off into the sunset. I've enjoyed my time here but the jackals are winning.

I hope you just take a break and return when the season starts. It really is only a handful on misfits...Farmer Ted and his merry band of dips**ts. They are easy enough to ignore.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

See the source image

Who left , really, I’m just curious 

39 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

Who left , really, I’m just curious 

Your father. He’s just getting cigarettes though I swear 

Unless something drastic changes, the lasting most significant moment of Reagor's career has to be dropping not one but two game winning TD passes hitting him right in the hands in the final minute  of the first Giants game.

13 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Unless something drastic changes, the lasting most significant moment of Reagor's career has to be dropping not one but two game winning TD passes hitting him right in the hands in the final minute  of the first Giants game

If you only put up 13 points against one of the worst teams in the NFL, the QB should be looked at first 

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If you only put up 13 points against one of the worst teams in the NFL, the QB should be looked at first 

You’re in the generous mood. It was only 7 points

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

You’re in the generous mood. It was only 7 points

13 if Reagor catches that.  Would have won the game,  but still a problem.

10 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

And it's funny to think how many Eagles fans wanted to cut Mailata his rookie year. I say that because everyone who said "let's put him on the practice squad this year (and that was the prevailing sentiment) didn't seem to grasp the idea that you can't just put a player on the practice squad without him clearing waivers first. In other words, they would have to cut him first and hope no one would claim him. Which of course is precisely what would have happened. He'd have been claimed for sure.

I also remember an outcry of sorts after Dillard was drafted the following year. "You see. This PROVES that Mailata sucks! What a waste of a pick. They were STUPID for thinking that was going to work out!"

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I think the year Dillard was drafted that it suggested that he might be a back up swing T but wasn’t a sure thing and the spring of his third year that he needed to show he was at least that or the Eagles needed to move on.  

10 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I am almost positive that 8 out of 10 projected 53s that year had Mailata not making it, often with the added comment that he’d be put on the PS instead. There were only a handful of us (Mattwill, TEW, me, and I guess you too come to mind) who were willing to use a roster spot on him right away. Furthermore, I think that a significant number of people who thought he might be elite eventually wanted to develop him on the practice squad right  away, overlooking the fact that it was going to be impossible for him to ever be on the Eagles PS...or any team's PS for that matter. 

I remember going nuts that summer having to repeatedly point out the fallacy of him simply being placed on the PS. The vast majority of fans were clueless about roster procedures.

That’s about right. I thought AFan was positive on him because of his athleticism. 

Off topic

The Obi won Kenobi series was so good. If you don’t like Star Wars… I really don’t care. So good! 

Miller has 6 QBs in the first round, 5 in the top 10.

Bryce Young - Natural distributor of the ball, but lacks elite measurables.

CJ Stroud - Justin Herbert comp, accurate, plus arm, mobile.

Will Levis - Scouts love him, big arm, too many interceptions though.

Jaren Hall - Big play ability, lacks elite size.

Tyler Van Dyke - Star potential due to arm talent and mobility.

Anthony Richardson - Super raw, sky high ceiling - Prototypical size, cannon arm, and elite mobility.

7 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Off topic

The Obi won Kenobi series was so good. If you don’t like Star Wars… I really don’t care. So good! 

1.  Why can't the Star Wars franchise find any kids that can act?

2.  While the first and last episodes were very good....there was a lot of crap in between.  Don't tell me by episode 4 you were starting to feel the ship go down.

3.  Star Wars has put out so much crap for so long that the bar has been permanently lowered.  ANYTHING they put out that isn't laughable garbage is immediately lauded as 'so good'....and there really hasn't been much that wasn't horrifically bad.  (Rogue One?)

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

@Iggles25 how’s that whole 3-some situation coming along?

She was not thrilled of the idea, but she was not angry either. 

War of Attrition>We'll get there in time.

With that, I'll leave these:

images.jpeg-1.jpg

images.jpeg-2.jpg

60841c21c1820.jpeg.jpg

42 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Dream Team 

Same guy who claimed it was his "MVP" year before that disastrous 2020 season and ZERO TD season the following year. He should probably keep his mouth shut and focus on actually scoring this year. He was completely stoppable in that regard last season. 

11 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

They didnt have a reason to protect Hurts last year either. But they did, and they won. 

I think with a stronger QB class this year, they will be less inclined to protect him for the sake of winning regular season games. Atleast i hope. Barring injury to starting QB's, i dont think we'll be able to do what we did over the second half of the season. We got basically 4 freebie's against Siemian, Gilbert, Heinicke & Glennon. Daniel Jones is 2-0 in his last two starts against us and Wentz/Winston are massive upgrades over Siemian/Gilbert/Glennon. I expect those games to be much tougher this year.

10 hours ago, NCTANK said:

just relax man

oh, I thought it was someone that mattered like rtk

20 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I see a ton of terrible games with this team. Our defense should flirt with being top 10 and we're gonna see a lot 20-13, 23-16 type games where Hurts state line looks something like...

14-20, 165yards, 63 rushing yards, 1 rushing tds and 1 INT

I cant wait to see how this defense performs. Like Hurts, Gannon has no excuses this year. On paper, both units look like they can be top 10. Unfortunately the QB & DC are still big unknowns or atleast Gannon is. I dont see Hurts as an unknown and as i've said before, If we come out pass happy i expect the fans/media to be calling for his job by the time the bye week rolls around, especially if Minshew/Strong look good in preseason. 

1 hour ago, Vee said:

2.  While the first and last episodes were very good....there was a lot of crap in between.  Don't tell me by episode 4 you were starting to feel the ship go down.

3.  Star Wars has put out so much crap for so long that the bar has been permanently lowered.  ANYTHING they put out that isn't laughable garbage is immediately lauded as 'so good'....and there really hasn't been much that wasn't horrifically bad.  (Rogue One?)

you have issues, or maybe its just your period

1 hour ago, Vee said:

Exactly.  The franchise lives off of the original 3 films with Harrison Ford, Alec Guinness, Carrie Fisher, etc. and it should have been left there.  The acting in the subsequent films was so god-awful it was to the point of comical.  It was as though they were reading their lines from cue cards.

10 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Exactly.  The franchise lives off of the original 3 films with Harrison Ford, Alec Guinness, Carrie Fisher, etc. and it should have been left there.  The acting in the subsequent films was so god-awful it was to the point of comical.  It was as though they were reading their lines from cue cards.

I think there's a story about how Harrison Ford was reading the original movie scripts and asked Lucas something along the lines of "How can you expect us to read this ish, people don't talk like this?" And yet....they made it work. The new films/series have the same terrible dialogue but too many bad actors that can't pull it off. 

Archived