EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Ever since Hurts said "rent's due" it's always made me think of the part from Coming to America, where the Super yell at the guy sleeping on the stairs "your rent's due MF'er!!"

It always reminds me if this scene 

spacer.png

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Can payments be made from swagcoin?

Not anymore. It’s become obsolete 

1 hour ago, Infam said:

If I had to choose if I rather would go into this season with Hurts or Carr, I’d pick Hurts.

Please elaborate. I’m genuinely interested in the reasons. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It always reminds me if this scene 

spacer.png

Funny, but the Coming to America one seems more fitting, especially with a lot of this fan base.

19 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

That’s reasonable 🧐

His mom is a Van Dyke 

4 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Funny, but the Coming to America one seems more fitting, especially with a lot of this fan base.

Yeah that’s much more fitting. If there was ever a song that fit it would be still fly by Big Tymers where the lyrics are "can’t pay my rent cause all my money’s spent. But that’s ok cause I’m still fly.”

16 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Kicking the can down the road 

They're $32M over next season.

5 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Don’t laugh.  In Canada we keep re-electing that guy Prime Minister 

I really hope Napier can help him put it all together. He has a ridiculous skill set. That 1st play and the last throw are next level.

21 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Giants can cut Bradberry any day now

If the Eagles managed to sign him somehow, I would actually not feel terrible about this defense going into the season for once. Safety is still a concern, but I’d be much more confident with 2 very good starting corners. 

24 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

You know deep down someone like the Ravens or Saints will end up signing him

40 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Ever since Hurts said "rent's due" it's always made me think of the part from Coming to America, where the Super yell at the guy sleeping on the stairs "your rent's due MF'er!!"

Makes me think of Fresh Prince
All the Times Jazz Was Thrown Out of the Fresh Prince House - E! Online

29 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Eagles are Bradberry and a safety away from their best defensive personnel since the Super Bowl team. I'd imagine the Giants are keen on preventing this.

14 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

You know deep down someone like the Ravens or Saints will end up signing him

Raiders we’re apparently all in on JC Jackson and missed. They probably would throw some money at him.

18 hours ago, Westbrook#36 said:

505672.jpg

Ironically, Max Power is a real person and is a professional footballer

0_gettyimages-933683740-594x594.jpg

He's a complete bellend of a person, but he's real.... His parents must have a great sense of humour too

On 5/6/2022 at 9:49 PM, NCiggles said:

Going back to the Wentz v. Goff comparison, part of the appeal of Wentz was that he had played in a pro-style offense.  One of the comparisons was to Andrew Luck, which I think is fair in the sense that Wentz has the arm and aggressiveness of Luck. He just doesn't have the accuracy and decision making down.  I believe they preferred Wentz over Goff.  I think they would have taken Goff, though, if Wentz wasn't available.   

My sense is that if they are focused on getting a QB they will have 2 or 3 candidates. I don't think Levis is a low ceiling guy.  He's fairly mobile and has a good arm.  If I would have to guess now, he's probably going to be the Eagles' target and they make like him more than Stroud or Young. I think Richardson may be next depending on how his next season goes after a Stroud or Young.  

All 6’6” of Tanner McKee

14 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Ironically, Max Power is a real person and is a professional footballer

0_gettyimages-933683740-594x594.jpg

He's a complete bellend of a person, but he's real.... His parents must have a great sense of humour too

They got his name from a hair dryer.

7 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Meh. I've had them, or been around them my entire life, they're big babies, they try hard to be lap dogs, even though they weigh 90 pounds. Sadly, people abuse and mistreat the hell out of them, but, if you're willing to get one from a reputable breeder, and put in the work, imo, you'll never have a more loyal, loving dog....unless you get a lab.

FYP...but I agree.

Guest justrelax
2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I think the upcoming QB class is going to end up being overrated because it’s coming off the horrendous 2022 class. I think Stroud and Young are good, but neither are in the class of Burrow or Lawrence. I think Rattler flat out sucks. Van Dyke is a brutal QB last name, no one with that last name is going to be a good QB. That’s an OL or LB last name. If the Eagles can’t get a top 2 QB in this class I’d rather go after Will Anderson than take someone like Van Dyke.

Van Brocklin was pretty damn good.

46 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

They got his name from a hair dryer.

When I first heard the name year ago, I thought it was a joke. But nope, his parents named him after a hair dryer

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

God i hate the celtics

I still can’t believe I’m watching the same Al Horford that was an absolute stiff on the Sixers.  Coaching matters so much. 

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

Van Brocklin was pretty damn good.

Playing against plumbers and deli clerks, for sure.

29 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I still can’t believe I’m watching the same Al Horford that was an absolute stiff on the Sixers.  Coaching matters so much. 

He’s was an awful fit here with the guys we had. He was not good as a 4 with how our roster was constructed. He was basically a center with the roster we had but we had embiid. With Boston they have Williams as a center but they do a good job staggering them at for portions of games and while he "starts at 4” it’s not for the majority of the game that he plays 4. We tried to have him play 4 with embiid, Simmons and Richardson. Not enough spacing. Also the analytics showed he wasn’t able to a full time 4 as when he played that position his numbers were declining. We tried to stagger him but due to lack of talent and shooting it was an issue. The Celtics do a good job giving him some mins at the 4 and then good mins at the 5. Also he was coming off a knee issue.

It makes a difference when you use him properly. Today wasn’t his norm. For the season he was averaging 10-7-5. He can do this type of performance from time to time. 

the sixers never should’ve signed him. They should’ve used the money to sign bogdanovic for what he got from the jazz. He was a better fit with what we had. We wasted the last time we’d have significant cap space and what they got for it was Danny green and a loss of a first. The $25 mil could’ve really helped our bench situation right now

Archived