EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Do you watch football lol?

The same thing im left wondering when he suggests that Hurts will be a legit MVP contender this season. Lamar has had great regular season success thus far but most of it was before Burrow was drafted and the Browns acquired the freak. I expect it to be much tougher for him to reach the playoffs let alone win the Super Bowl going forward. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I'm not rooting against this team like you were on OUR SUPER BOWL RUN.

Was that the season that ended the second Carson Wentz tore his ACL ??

45 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Lamar was good two years ago, in 2019. Since then, he hasn't played as well and is injury prone.

Lamar has been good the past two years.  Also how exactly is he injury prone when the only time he has missed games due to injury was last year? 

44 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I'm not rooting against this team like you were on OUR SUPER BOWL RUN. I hope Hurts wins MVP and takes us to a Super Bowl. But I would bet all the money I have that he won't. It's been discussed to death why. 

Why do you think they'd target Lamar, when they've tried very hard to get rid of the exact same QB (albeit a lesser version)? 

I have never rooted against this team. 

Anything can change over the course of the season as NFL players and especially QBs start to dictate where they want to go regardless of contract status like the NBA.  But as it stands right now Lamar is by far the best QB that could possibly be available in a trade next season since it presently appears that he does not want to sign a new deal in Baltimore. 

Beyond that, you look at Lurie's tenure as owner and he obviously has a prefence of athletic QBs who have mobility skills.  If they decided to move on from Hurts after this year and if Lamar still has not signed a new deal with the Ravens then I'd fully expect the Eagles to go hard after trying to trade for Lamar. 

Didn't Jackson have a knee issue and other illness that slowed him down the previous year?

2 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Didn't Jackson have a knee issue and other illness that slowed him down the previous year?

Despite his MVP year the ravens are still trying to get Lamar to play better within the pocket.... Gee wonder why ... Let that sink in 

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Racism? 

Not one poster roots against this team.  You’re just being childish.  

Yes pure racism on my part 

17 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I have never rooted against this team. 

Absolute BS.  @VaBeach_Eagle had to forcibly drag it out of you to answer yes to "Do you want Nick Foles to win the Super Bowl"   

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Absolute BS.  @VaBeach_Eagle had to forcibly drag it out of you to answer yes to "Do you want Nick Foles to win the Super Bowl"   

Not to mention stating he was glad Foles broke his collar bone because that meant he never had to see Foles again

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Well according to RTK, we’re all racist for not blowing Hurts on the daily.  

"Blowing?”

Easy there, cissexist 

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Well according to RTK, we’re all racist for not blowing Hurts on the daily.  

Not sure at this point how he survived on this board either

54 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Lamar has been good the past two years.  Also how exactly is he injury prone when the only time he has missed games due to injury was last year? 

You have a thing for running QB who pass like crap and can't win in the playoffs.

Big big big news… and true 

47 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We all thought that.  

No, we didn't ALL think that. Many did but not all.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He’s right.  Only children or the unrefined hate blue cheese dressing.  

I've been trying to make blue cheese a thing over ranch for years. They have all drank the I still use the EMB's #1 Cliche.... Or ranch 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He’s right.  Only children or the unrefined hate blue cheese dressing.  

I call BS.  

How about those of us that aren't fond of (edible) mold in our cheese? That is what makes blue (bleu) cheese blue you know. Plus I don't care for the taste, sorry. I did not give up on the 2017 season after Wentz got injured. I guess I had more confidence in Foles than most here. He certainly can't carry a crappy team by himself but give him talent around him - like he had in 2017 and he's likely to win a game or two or three.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And no, there’s not chance you thought the Eagles were winning the SB with Foles.  That’s what we’re really talking about.  Of course no one stopped watching or rooting for the team.  But we all thought there was no shot.  

I can say, and @Bwestbrook36 and @VaBeach_Eagle can back me up, I was leading the charge that the Eagles could win with Foles.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I can say, and @Bwestbrook36 and @VaBeach_Eagle can back me up, I was leading the charge that the Eagles could win with Foles.

Yes you did and I was on the with the right circumstances with foles they could get a couple of wins in the playoffs. Mostly I thought it was one win max. Which if you think about it Foles was terrible against the falcons but great against the Vikings. So he got his win I thought he would. Definitely ate crow on the super bowl itself though. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Don’t sleep on the #1 seed was my mantra at that time; the win over the Rams and the remaining schedule meant the #1 seed was a virtual lock.

It was foolish to give up hope at that point.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m a former chef.  I know what it is.  

And no, there’s not chance you thought the Eagles were winning the SB with Foles.  That’s what we’re really talking about.  Of course no one stopped watching or rooting for the team.  But we all thought there was no shot.  

Well, I didn't post this over the entrance to the living room:

lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate  or if you prefer  abandonad toda esperanza, aquellos que entréis aquí

Did I think the Eagles' chances were as good as they would have been with Wentz? No (little did I know) but I also didn't think it was entirely hopeless.

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The SB?   Stop RTKArty

HAHA, see below

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes you did and I was on the with the right circumstances with foles they could get a couple of wins in the playoffs. Mostly I thought it was one win max. Which if you think about it Foles was terrible against the falcons but great against the Vikings. So he got his win I thought he would. Definitely ate crow on the super bowl itself though. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

HAHA, see below

I know you and bobbyizdum were the 2 going on about Foles. I thought you were both nuts for those predictions lol. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Which was followed with a post starting with "No."

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Which was followed with a post starting with "No."

I believe when he finally admitted it the mods gave him a vacation till the championship game. 

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He is nuts.  But aren’t we all?

Arguing over this kind of stuff? Yes lol

I knew the Eagles were going to win the Super Bowl the same night Carson tore his ACL. But it was a fluid situation, so I couldn't go on record, but I knew, from my one of my team sources. 

Archived