EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He’s was an awful fit here with the guys we had. He was not good as a 4 with how our roster was constructed. He was basically a center with the roster we had but we had embiid. With Boston they have Williams as a center but they do a good job staggering them at for portions of games and while he "starts at 4” it’s not for the majority of the game that he plays 4. We tried to have him play 4 with embiid, Simmons and Richardson. Not enough spacing. Also the analytics showed he wasn’t able to a full time 4 as when he played that position his numbers were declining. We tried to stagger him but due to lack of talent and shooting it was an issue. The Celtics do a good job giving him some mins at the 4 and then good mins at the 5. Also he was coming off a knee issue.

It makes a difference when you use him properly. Today wasn’t his norm. For the season he was averaging 10-7-5. He can do this type of performance from time to time. 

the sixers never should’ve signed him. They should’ve used the money to sign bogdanovic for what he got from the jazz. He was a better fit with what we had. We wasted the last time we’d have significant cap space and what they got for it was Danny green and a loss of a first. The $25 mil could’ve really helped our bench situation right now

image.gif.c1933fd55b6277e55d0bd2aa74911d0d.gif

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, austinfan said:

Since a good QB plays to 35 or older, age doesn't really matter, and you'd prefer a longer college track record to see how he adjusts to DC adjusting to what they see on film.

Don't underestimate dinking and dunking, most pro throws are within 20 yards of the LOS, so being accurate on "dink and dunk" passes is a positive for the NFL game.

Less than 20 yards isn't dink and dunk.  Dink and dunk is around 5 yards or less.  Or, better yet, the Hurts special... passing behind the line of scrimmage.

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

image.gif.c1933fd55b6277e55d0bd2aa74911d0d.gif

tbh that was the singular move that pissed me off the most with the Sixers during this period of time. I could get some of the others and accept them. If you followed the nba then you knew this team was going against the grain of what the nba was turning into. We knew we needed to surround embiid and Simmons with shooters. We managed to do the opposite. Embiid, horford, Simmons, Richardson and Harris were such a terrible fit in skills together.  from the moment we signed horford you knew it was destined to not work. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

tbh that was the singular move that pissed me off the most with the Sixers during this period of time. I could get some of the others and accept them. If you followed the nba then you knew this team was going against the grain of what the nba was turning into. We knew we needed to surround embiid and Simmons with shooters. We managed to do the opposite. Embiid, horford, Simmons, Richardson and Harris were such a terrible fit in skills together.  from the moment we signed horford you knew it was destined to not work. 

Perfect time to use that gif 😂 I totally understand why Horford was a terrible fit for the Sixers. I’ve just never seen such a square peg round hole scenario in my life. 

3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Perfect time to use that gif 😂 I totally understand why Horford was a terrible fit for the Sixers. I’ve just never seen such a square peg round hole scenario in my life. 

I’ve said this for a while now. Teams like the bucks and Celtics were able to build the rosters they have cause if they make a mistake they don’t compound the mistake. The 76ers will make one mistake  then compound it with two or three more which then you see why Green is starting and our bench is not very good. 

10 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

80-1 odds wins the derby 

Weird name for a horse.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Weird name for a horse.

Yeah very odd…

I got no camp updates in here today. Where are the new vids of Carson Strong throwing the ball?

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

I got no camp updates in here today. Where are the new vids of Carson Strong throwing the ball?

They are being suppressed.  Gotta look for them on the dark web.

If I ever get into horse racing I’m naming my horse "who”

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Mine would be "Hoove Hearted."

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Gonna name mine im sofa king fast 

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

:lol:

Who won?  

classic-youre-classic.gif

22 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Gonna name mine im sofa king fast 

My thoroughbred will be named "After Birth Slurpee!”

That horse is probably full of steroids too I’d bet

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Where's Bob Baffert?

16 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Guess I should start watching horse racing

You call that a punch? 

This is a punch.

8o5zbd.gif

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They all are. Its legal in horse racing. Why I hate it 

53 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Where's Bob Baffert?

2 year suspension for cheating

The offseason reporting this year has been awful.  Day 2 of rookie mini camp and crickets chirping.  Started offseason workout program weeks ago and nothing on anybody not reporting.  Should be in Phase 2, which is coaching contact and nothing.  Coming up on Phase 3, actual coaching. No contact but 7 on 7 allowed. Will we hear who is there?  Things like what JJAW, TE appears like.  Seumalo presence and recovery?  Etc.  

Still some WRs out there and you can never have enough depth in case of injury. AJ Brown and Smith get the deep ball, but the only true "burner" the Eagles have on the roster is Watkins. Would be willing to grab Fuller if he's dirt cheap. Like 2 million or less. Could give one more vertical threat just to have on the roster for depth. Is never healthy, so I assume he'll be very cheap.

Also, I assume Landry is going to get a decent deal from someone, but if he doesn't, he immediately becomes the Eagles best slot WR, and if he can be had cheap, could add more depth in case Watkins doesn't adjust to the slot role well. And frankly, I'm not sure he will, his strength is the vertical passing game.

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

Still some WRs out there and you can never have enough depth in case of injury. AJ Brown and Smith get the deep ball, but the only true "burner" the Eagles have on the roster is Watkins. Would be willing to grab Fuller if he's dirt cheap. Like 2 million or less. Could give one more vertical threat just to have on the roster for depth. Is never healthy, so I assume he'll be very cheap.

Also, I assume Landry is going to get a decent deal from someone, but if he doesn't, he immediately becomes the Eagles best slot WR, and if he can be had cheap, could add more depth in case Watkins doesn't adjust to the slot role well. And frankly, I'm not sure he will, his strength is the vertical passing game.

I'd rather play Quez then spend money to bring Fuller in and have him take snaps away from Quez.  

Eagles need to pounce ready to make a big offer when James Bradberry gets cut.  

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

Watkins played the majority of his snaps in the slot last year 

Archived