EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

The offseason reporting this year has been awful.  Day 2 of rookie mini camp and crickets chirping.  Started offseason workout program weeks ago and nothing on anybody not reporting.  Should be in Phase 2, which is coaching contact and nothing.  Coming up on Phase 3, actual coaching. No contact but 7 on 7 allowed. Will we hear who is there?  Things like what JJAW, TE appears like.  Seumalo presence and recovery?  Etc.  

Blame the Eagles. Not a single word today from anybody probably because they weren’t allowed to watch. They still are also operating under who Eagles allow to interview. Just the other day all reporters had no idea who would speaking 30 mins before PC’s started.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'd rather play Quez then spend money to bring Fuller in and have him take snaps away from Quez.  

Eagles need to pounce ready to make a big offer when James Bradberry gets cut.  

Quez Watkins 15 games with Hurts

34 Receptions - 501 yards - 33yards/game

Quez Watkins 2 games with Minshew

8 Reception - 144 yards - 72yards/game

Dallas Goedert 14 Games w/ Hurts

50 receptions - 725 yards - ~51 yards/game

Dallas Goedert 1 game with Minshew

6 receptions - 105 yards

Hurts doesn't distribute the ball. His first target is usually Smith followed by Goedert.

14 minutes ago, Vileborg said:

6 receptions - 105 yards

Hurts doesn't distribute the ball. His first target is usually Smith followed by Goedert.

My post had nothing to do with Hurts. 

14 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

I hope he gets the Wentz-esque passes/tendencies out of his system this season, because the talents and measurables are there.

Haha, when watching Levis highlights I get this Wentz pre-injury vibe ( he seems to have no fear ). Maybe it’s the ginger aspect ??? I like Levis but wonder how he’ll look senz Wan’dale, lots of YAC there. He also runs a bit too much but don’t they all

11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Yea but Hurts sucks 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea but Hurts sucks 

Stop picking on the kid. He is waiting for Mom to deliver hot pockets to the basement 😉

Everyone in the organization is pulling a Costanza with this move 

11 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I think the upcoming QB class is going to end up being overrated because it’s coming off the horrendous 2022 class. I think Stroud and Young are good, but neither are in the class of Burrow or Lawrence. I think Rattler flat out sucks. Van Dyke is a brutal QB last name, no one with that last name is going to be a good QB. That’s an OL or LB last name. If the Eagles can’t get a top 2 QB in this class I’d rather go after Will Anderson than take someone like Van Dyke.

There’s always next, next year or … Strong

55 minutes ago, Vileborg said:

6 receptions - 105 yards

He also usually misses Smith as his first target while he creates separation on every route and Hurts spins around in a clean pocket.  

15 hours ago, hputenis said:

Please elaborate. I’m genuinely interested in the reasons. 

He’s old and not really winning much anyways. Hurts hasn’t shown us yet how far he can take it. I believe (ok, I hope..) he will do much better this season.

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Hurts might finally complete a pass over the middle going against a safety like that

5 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I was agreeing we shouldn't pay money to bring in Fuller because Hurts only threw for 3k yards and Quez only ended up with 16% share. Now that we added AJ, Quez's role is likely to diminish below 300 yards as our 3rd receiver. Early on they are also likely to have a package for Covey to see if his YAC ability translates. I thought it was also important to show how much of their yardage is attributed to each QB.

If Minshew started and Quez role provided 72 y/g for 1200+ yards we wouldn't be questioning Quez or his role.

Under Hurts a full Year would provide about 565yards and might have people asking if we should replace Quez.

It was one of the reasons I was against spending money on a receiver or drafting one. AJ however is a different style. Hurts can drop the ball off to him at the line of scrimmage where Hurts is fairly accurate and still get the same results as he would throwing down the field with others.

44 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You should pay attention.  He’s a race baiter.  So yeah….

Sure. Deflecting like Trump, hm? 😁

Guest justrelax
8 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Still some WRs out there and you can never have enough depth in case of injury. AJ Brown and Smith get the deep ball, but the only true "burner" the Eagles have on the roster is Watkins. Would be willing to grab Fuller if he's dirt cheap. Like 2 million or less. Could give one more vertical threat just to have on the roster for depth. Is never healthy, so I assume he'll be very cheap.

Also, I assume Landry is going to get a decent deal from someone, but if he doesn't, he immediately becomes the Eagles best slot WR, and if he can be had cheap, could add more depth in case Watkins doesn't adjust to the slot role well. And frankly, I'm not sure he will, his strength is the vertical passing game.

Smith will be more of a slot receiver than Watkins. Slot and motion.

Guest justrelax
6 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They're moving Linderbaum to safety? 😲

Levis has a smooth as silk delivery:

But this kind of dumb s*** (2nd tweet) has to stop:

7 hours ago, Vileborg said:

6 receptions - 105 yards

They won't understand this. They only learned football up to a Madden 04 level

Looks like Ali Fayed Edge from Western Michigan was a late UDFA 

Kid is a bit undersized to be a traditional 43 edge about 6'2" 245 but as a 5th rusher in Gannon's hybrid system he could fit 

He was the MAC defensive player of the year with 13 sacks, honestly surprised he wasn't drafted.

He'll have an opportunity to get a spot as that 5th rusher SAM spot backing up Reddick.

Not sure there's room for him on roster, he's got competition with patrick Johnson and kyron Johnson so may the best player win..

A little more scouting evaluation on Strong. Hopefully his pocket presence and not holding the ball can be coached out of him. If the knee holds up.

6. CARSON STRONG, Nevada (6-3 ½, 230, no 40, 3-6): Fourth-year junior, three-year starter. "From a physical component standpoint he’s like the best pure pocket passer in the draft,” one scout said. "He has good arm strength and can throw accurate touch balls. But he can’t avoid the rush. He’s Paxton Lynch 2.0. He’s got an arm, but he’s a statue. That will always be his downfall. It all comes down to the right knee.” His knee problems began late in his prep career at Vacaville, Calif. Had surgery on the knee in high school and then two more in college. "He reminded me of Nick Foles,” another scout said. "He can’t move. He’s got a bad knee. He can get pretty streaky.” Finished with a passer rating of 103.4. Never ran for a TD. "I’d take him in the third but he’s got a bad knee,” said a third scout. "He throws the football as good as any of ‘em. But he’s probably got the best chance to bust because he’s got a bad knee.” Hands were 9 1/8. Wonderlic of 22. "That guy’s got no chance,” a fourth scout said. "He’s not accurate. He’s streaky. He takes a million sacks. I just don’t see how that guy survives in the NFL.”

13 minutes ago, Vortex said:

A little more scouting evaluation on Strong. Hopefully his pocket presence and not holding the ball can be coached out of him. If the knee holds up.

6. CARSON STRONG, Nevada (6-3 ½, 230, no 40, 3-6): Fourth-year junior, three-year starter. "From a physical component standpoint he’s like the best pure pocket passer in the draft,” one scout said. "He has good arm strength and can throw accurate touch balls. But he can’t avoid the rush. He’s Paxton Lynch 2.0. He’s got an arm, but he’s a statue. That will always be his downfall. It all comes down to the right knee.” His knee problems began late in his prep career at Vacaville, Calif. Had surgery on the knee in high school and then two more in college. "He reminded me of Nick Foles,” another scout said. "He can’t move. He’s got a bad knee. He can get pretty streaky.” Finished with a passer rating of 103.4. Never ran for a TD. "I’d take him in the third but he’s got a bad knee,” said a third scout. "He throws the football as good as any of ‘em. But he’s probably got the best chance to bust because he’s got a bad knee.” Hands were 9 1/8. Wonderlic of 22. "That guy’s got no chance,” a fourth scout said. "He’s not accurate. He’s streaky. He takes a million sacks. I just don’t see how that guy survives in the NFL.”

Only way he makes it in the NFL is if he learns to take what the defense gives him and then use that cannon to beat them when they start cheating. Simple QB stuff to talk about but when you are used to being able to throw it up and your guys just go get it ...things are different in the NFL. Cole Turner made some wild catches when it mattered 

1 minute ago, iladelphxx said:

The legal pad industry will have to declare bankruptcy.

Archived