EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s almost as big of a stretch as you and the other pillar calling Jackson "solid” because of some snaps in a preseason game.  Nice effort.  

What is a stretch? Your logic? Or pointing out the flaw in your logic?

You are the one who couldnt discern the difference between a solid rotation, or a solid rotational player.  You kept arguing that he implied we had a solid DE rotation just because he said Jackson could be a solid rotational player. So again, applying that same logic, if Smith was more than solid you must also be saying our WR corps was more than solid last year. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Let’s see.  He runs out of the pocket, didn’t have a chance to get the first down and got popped.  As a QB, who’s job it is to get the ball downfield to his teammates, it’s a bad rep.  

Oh I see. Now that we know that nobody was open on that play, who did you want him throwing to downfield?

Just now, Thrive said:

Oh I see. Now that we know that nobody was open on that play, who did you want him throwing to downfield?

After giving time for the routes to develop I would suggest throwing to the open guy.

29 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

So we have Mailata, Dickerson, Kelce, Seumalo, Johnson

Dillard and Jurgens make 7 locks. Opeta and Driscoll appear to be too but that's where you can get creative and trade one of those 2 if there is a taker.  

I think they really like Jack Anderson, Brett Toth (once healthy) and Awosika.  All of them offer postition versatility too.  

Sills should be on the PS and Clark shouldn't make the initial roster to avoid vet guarantee.  I don't think he makes the roster anyway.

I look at Opeta, Seumalo and Driscoll as your trade chips.  Seumalo would clear salary and you have to think a contending team might be interested.  

However it plays out, I think Jurgens belongs on the field.

Can you explain again why we need to trade away our depth, possibly to a contending team?

28 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Idk they were in on Marcus Williams. He chose the ravens over the eagles. how serious the eagles were or not is another story. I tend to think they won’t draft a S high but will look for someone in FA. That seems to be their MO going back to signing mcleod and jenkins after they missed with Allen and jarrett  

If its a strategic approach then thats fine. Safties are tough to evaluate and project bc much like a qb so much of the position is mental

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

After giving time for the routes to develop I would suggest throwing to the open guy.

Oh so it’s one of THOSE kinds of conversations. Anyway, his head coach said today nobody was open on that play. 

Understand this conversation for a lot of folks here is not based on logic but just want to make sure we at least have the facts straight.

Just now, Thrive said:

Oh so it’s one of THOSE kinds of conversations. Anyway, his head coach said today nobody was open on that play. 

Understand this conversation for a lot of folks here is not based on logic but just want to make sure we at least have the facts straight.

He left a clean pocket. Bad rep. 

we know siri will cover for him. I want the all 22 before i buy that no one was open 

11 minutes ago, Thrive said:

He could have easily stepped up in the pocket. He was clean when he decided to run. For some reason he decided to step back and roll the direction the pressure was coming from. If he stayed put the oline had good blocking. We have one of the best lines in the game and he wants to break out of a clean pocket for some reason. 

3 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

Can you explain again why we need to trade away our depth, possibly to a contending team?

Our depth, IMO, is Opeta, Driscoll, Anderson, Toth and Dillard.

Jurgens is potentially making a high paid starter on the last year of his deal expendable.  Jurgens looked like the best player on the field Friday night.  If he continues to play like that how can you keep him off the field?  Your depth is still the same with the backup G being Driscoll and Opeta.  

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

He was a 2nd round pick, been plenty of 1st round busts throughout eagles history worse than JJAW 

We all know the Danny Watkins and MSIII picks. I'm just saying he's gotta be up there. Second round pick who's had like 16 catches over three years. Oof.

13 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re still going back to that?  😂  We’ve moved on in agreement that the discussion was that he’s a solid piece of a bad rotation.  Or at least that’s what you and the other pillar is wishcasting or trying to spin.  So I’ve acknowledged that distinction.

I’ll still say it’s presumptuous after one preseason game to suggest he’s "solid”.  Even as bad as our DE rotation is.  Once more, Tarron Jackson is a JAG on any other team.  Did you want to continue to rehash the same points?  Or would you like to move on to how or why another fringe player is great because he’s an Eagle?  What about JJAW as part of the TE rotation?  

keep rehashing please.

Just now, Swoop said:

We all know the Danny Watkins and MSIII picks. I'm just saying he's gotta be up there. Second round pick who's had like 16 catches over three years. Oof.

I mean I wish I could say he's an eagles top busy but they've had so many over the years from the first round that it's tough to rank JJAW a 2nd rounder ahead of those guys 

But yeah JJAW will be a memorable bust.

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Who’s more solid at their job?  Jalen Hurts or Tarron Jackson?  

Its looking like Tarron Jackson might be.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

F3F2674C-4201-4792-9CB2-F941B3471685.jpeg

After your earlier argument (solid rotation vs solid rotational player) Im honestly not sure if you realize that the eye of the beholder is different than the eye of the bee holder. 

19 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

He left a clean pocket. Bad rep. 

we know siri will cover for him. I want the all 22 before i buy that no one was open 

Hahaha. Well done.

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ahh yes.  Nick Sirianni said it was a good rep.  Well in that case, let’s believe everything that guy says.  Please share the all-22 of the play, that you have that shows that no one was open on the play.  

Jesus. You really hate this kid, don’t you? His coach said nobody was open. I’ll take his coach at his word.

Now, if the argument is that he should have just thrown the ball away instead of running and THAT’S why it’s a bad rep, then that makes sense to me. Of course, you aren’t making that argument.

Just now, Thrive said:

Hahaha. Well done.

Jesus. You really hate this kid, don’t you? His coach said nobody was open. I’ll take his coach at his word.

Now, if the argument is that he should have just thrown the ball away instead of running and THAT’S why it’s a bad rep, then that makes sense to me. Of course, you aren’t making that argument.

naive

36 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Sorry IP if you already covered this but why did you think the personal foul run was a bad rep?

Because Hurts left a perfectly good pocket.  That rep in particular looked to be exactly the same thing we saw from Hurts a lot last year that needed to be improved upon, namely, dropping his eyes to the rush too quickly, escaping out the backdoor to his right and not trusting the pocket.   If he felt he absolutely had to get out of the pocket, the hole was between the RT and RG.  Instead, he circled out the back and ended up 14 yards behind the LOS before he turned forward again towards the first down marker... which was now 19 yards away.   I wanted to see more growth from him in the pocket and it looked to me like the very first 3rd down opportunity that came, he immediately relied on his legs to convert it rather than trust the play call, the protection and his teammates to convert it.    And if not for the defensive player hitting him late, he would have failed to convert that 3rd down with his 'hero ball' play.   I don't see how it could be considered a good rep by any means.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Because Hurts left a perfectly good pocket.  That rep in particular looked to be exactly the same thing we saw from Hurts a lot last year that needed to be improved upon, namely, dropping his eyes to the rush too quickly, escaping out the backdoor to his right and not trusting the pocket.   If he felt he absolutely had to get out of the pocket, the hole was between the RT and RG.  Instead, he circled out the back and ended up 14 yards behind the LOS before he turned forward again towards the first down marker... which was now 19 yards away.   I wanted to see more growth from him in the pocket and it looked to me like the very first 3rd down opportunity that came, he immediately relied on his legs to convert it rather than trust the play call, the protection and his teammates to convert it.    And if not for the defensive player hitting him late, he would have failed to convert that 3rd down with his 'hero ball' play.   I don't see how it could be considered a good rep by any means.

Got it. His head coach said nobody was open on the play though, right? So are you saying you just wanted him to buy time for someone to come open? 

He got hit anyway so it’s a moot point but if nobody is open on a play, I’m not sure I want him sitting in the pocket either. 

33 minutes ago, Thrive said:

His head coach covers for him a lot.  Maybe nobody was open on that play.  That doesn't change the fact that he bailed from the pocket too soon, bailed the wrong way, and ended up putting himself in harms way that was unnecessary.  Personally, it being a preseason game and all, I'd have been happy if once he had gotten out of the pocket that he just flipped the ball out of bounds.   One of my biggest concerns with his style of play is taking too many hits.  That hit was late and absolutely uncalled for.   That said, if he flipped the ball out of bounds well before that, it's not even an issue.  He was no where near converting the first down as it was.   Touch down, first down, or get down.  QBs outside the pocket don't have the same protections and with his style he's going to leave himself vulnerable to those types of shots more often.  He needs to be aware of that and change his style of play especially in the preseason where first down or not... taking the hit to convert is irrelevant to the season.

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Holy F are you Squirters soft as hell.  Once again, we don’t "hate” him.  Secondly, he’s not a "kid”.  He’s a grown man.  Give him more credit.  It’s tired.  He’s not the answer at QB for the future.  Not his fault.  He is what he is.  You use the word hate too much.  You need to lighten up.  He won’t be your friend.  

Nick Sirianni is a glorified cheerleader.  Consider the source.  

There’s really no point engaging you on this topic, is there? As we’ve discussed before, you don’t like the kid (and yes I said kid). No need to keep rehashing…

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

His head coach covers for him a lot.  Maybe nobody was open on that play.  That doesn't change the fact that he bailed from the pocket too soon, bailed the wrong way, and ended up putting himself in harms way that was unnecessary.  Personally, it being a preseason game and all, I'd have been happy if once he had gotten out of the pocket that he just flipped the ball out of bounds.   One of my biggest concerns with his style of play is taking too many hits.  That hit was late and absolutely uncalled for.   That said, if he flipped the ball out of bounds well before that, it's not even an issue.  He was no where near converting the first down as it was.   Touch down, first down, or get down.  QBs outside the pocket don't have the same protections and with his style he's going to leave himself vulnerable to those types of shots more often.  He needs to be aware of that and change his style of play especially in the preseason where first down or not... taking the hit to convert is irrelevant to the season.

Fair enough. Throwing the ball out of bounds would have been the best option there. But calling it a bad rep when nobody was open seems harsh to me.

26 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Oh god I think I actually blocked out MS3

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Cut down to 75 by Tuesday.  Cut Fayad and Dunkle.  JJAW did not practice "non injury related”. Suspect he may be one of the cuts or invited to seek a trade.  Lots of other choices to go with this group.  Maybe one each from the DBs and WRs. 

I believe it’s just 85

Archived