EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Guest justrelax

Regarding Tuipulotu, someone, I forget who, called him trash or some such. So, I went back and watched his every snap. He did very little against the run and got moved - sideways - several times. Against the pass, however, he got good pressure, to the point where the Jets started doubling him. When he was single-blocked he got consistent pressure. So, good and bad.

A few other comments based on second viewing:

Devon Allen had a very nice game until the final TD, when he got turned around.

Jurgens was terrific on screens and outside zones. Really good, almost Kelce-like. He can run.

When Opeta squares up, he's very tough, but he got turned a few times. Stout has to get him to slide laterally.

On the second TD, Jurgens and Opeta produced a classic double team. I could have scored in that hole.

Lane looked rusty but he only had a few snaps.

Mailata looked very good on his few snaps. That holding call on Hurts' TD run was bogus.

Seumalo looked very comfortable at RG.

Kennedy Brooks played very well. I like how he always looks to get straight upfield. He's a patient runner, something Huntley is not.

Dean is fun to watch. He's very decisive. He got engulfed by Tomlinson a couple of times but otherwise was excellent. Really good play recognition.

Pascal makes this team, definitely.

Togiai helped himself a lot. He has a chance, especially with Calcaterra hurt.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

spacer.png@4for4EaglesNest @Cliftoma

Drive out was 3 hours but we went further than I thought, about 90 - 100 miles offshore, then fished our way back in, so about 2 hours back in. Caught more than our limit of Red Snapper so we gave them to some other people on the boat and kept our biggest 4 which limit. Also got a nice Gag Grouper, King Mackerel and Porgy, plus some Triggerfish. And a million Vermillion Snapper. 

111B9C9C-738B-4958-A0BA-7ED72499011E.jpeg

0BE5F6F6-6D0D-4A0D-BE1E-1E75D98147AE.jpeg

1D449B8F-41B9-4D5E-B38E-FB7898A9DB2A.jpeg

If you like feta cheese and Kalamata olives, I have a killer recipe for red snapper filets.  

Season filets with oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil.  Oil pan as well so it doesn't stick (glass works better than metal).  Bake in oven at 325.

In a separate dish, mix crumbled feta cheese with oregano, pepper, thyme and diced Kalakaua olives.

When fish begins to become white and flakey, put on low broil and top with feta/olive mixture.  Brown for a couple of minutes.

So freakin' good!

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Feta is from the gods.  Love that ish.  

Throw a little sliced sun dried tomatoes in that mix.  

Yeah man, that would probably be good too.  This recipe works good with any white, flakey fish.  I like red snapper best because it a little more salty in taste but mahi mahi is really good too.

Speaking of mahi mahi, we lost a really nice one at the gaff yesterday in a local tournament.  Would have won us some good money.  I will upload the video later but damn was I pissed!

38 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Blog fantasy league has 1 opening if anyone is interested 

Who left? Also who replaced dire wolf?

13 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Araiza wasn't even the first punter drafted. My impression was that he was being overhyped by fans, so it felt somewhat validating that the Bucs (I think it was them) took a different punter.

Araiza line drives those long punts.  Outkicks his coverage.  That may bite when the punter plays further back, Araiza kicks it a little less far and the PR attacks the catch with some speed already established.  Won’t be surprised at all if we see a long punt return, possibly even for a touchdown against him.   In contrast, the Colts went three and out after the touchback and their punter got it to the twenty with about a five yard return so ultimately that 82:yard punt resulted in less than 10 yards of field position.  Knock on Araiza was his hang time. 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Who left? Also who replaced dire wolf?

MillerTime left. jwill replaced DireWolf.

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Feta is from the gods.  Love that ish.  

Throw a little sliced sun dried tomatoes in that mix.  

That plus some thinly sliced red onion and some capers is what I do

Guest justrelax
3 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

That plus some thinly sliced red onion and some capers is what I do

To add a touch of the sublime, fry the capers first.

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

More like this especially if you show up. image.gif.16ea86652c112b403dcda6dea732bc90.gif Although I’m sure he doesn’t want his young son to miss the event!  

Don’t forget;

image.gif.c1b575d66d267b4e854ae028b4084b15.gif

7 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

Don’t forget;

image.gif.c1b575d66d267b4e854ae028b4084b15.gif

I won’t now!  
image.gif.7512c274ebf31e2fa734ca45efc60271.gif

1 minute ago, RLC said:

This paints a very different picture.

earlier today it was reported he would miss 2-4 weeks. Sounds like just a trim to me.

I very much doubt the get in there and find a surprise ACL. Those dont hide and surprise you. 

Itll likely be 2-4 weeks. 

54 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

Yeah man, that would probably be good too.  This recipe works good with any white, flakey fish.  I like red snapper best because it a little more salty in taste but mahi mahi is really good too.

Speaking of mahi mahi, we lost a really nice one at the gaff yesterday in a local tournament.  Would have won us some good money.  I will upload the video later but damn was I pissed!

Here it is.  A dorado worth a couple of thousand swimming away.  Faaaaakkk!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QcEV3BFzTTJikcaEnFBXeyHTa5Vki5Lj/view?usp=drivesdk

3 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

Didn't he have problems with directional punting in college?  Absolute cannon, but a scatter shot IIRC.

It’s possible. I only watched about ten of his punts after hearing about him. I don’t recall any shanks. He was impressive, which is to say that he looked like a good prospect. But he didn’t strike me as a generational talent, which is what the hype around him suggested. That’s why I got a chuckle when he wasn’t even the first punter off the board. In general, I tend to be dubious about punters from the west.

3 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

It’s possible. I only watched about ten of his punts after hearing about him. I don’t recall any shanks. He was impressive, which is to say that he looked like a good prospect. But he didn’t strike me as a generational talent, which is what the hype around him suggested. That’s why I got a chuckle when he wasn’t even the first punter off the board. In general, I tend to be dubious about punters from the west.

I thought the knock was that he had no hangtime and often outkicked his coverage. 

Kempski did a breakdown with gifs on Jurgens.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-c-cam-jurgens-looked-like-jason-kelce-clone-gifs-and-stuff/

1) Jurgens latches onto a linebacker on a screen and blocks him out of the screen.

Jurgens1screeny

2) Jurgens turns a DT and clears him out of the play.

Jurgens2-run

3) Jurgens is able to wash the DT down the line just enough to allow the RB to walk in for a TD.

Jurgens4GL

4) This should have been a penalty. You can't make forceable contact with your head, forearm, or shoulder to an opponent when you are heading back toward your own goal line, and Jurgens certainly does that. I'm not sure how they missed this pretty obvious call, but it's a fun highlight, so whatever.

Jurgens5crackback

5) Jurgens shows off his athleticism pulling to the edge and blocking a LB.

Jurgens 6 pull.gif

6) Another pull, another nice block.

Jurgens7pull

7) And finally, one last pull, with a nasty finish.

Jurgens8pullfinish

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

Regarding Tuipulotu, someone, I forget who, called him trash or some such. So, I went back and watched his every snap. He did very little against the run and got moved - sideways - several times. Against the pass, however, he got good pressure, to the point where the Jets started doubling him. When he was single-blocked he got consistent pressure. So, good and bad.

A few other comments based on second viewing:

Devon Allen had a very nice game until the final TD, when he got turned around.

Jurgens was terrific on screens and outside zones. Really good, almost Kelce-like. He can run.

When Opeta squares up, he's very tough, but he got turned a few times. Stout has to get him to slide laterally.

On the second TD, Jurgens and Opeta produced a classic double team. I could have scored in that hole.

Lane looked rusty but he only had a few snaps.

Mailata looked very good on his few snaps. That holding call on Hurts' TD run was bogus.

Seumalo looked very comfortable at RG.

Kennedy Brooks played very well. I like how he always looks to get straight upfield. He's a patient runner, something Huntley is not.

Dean is fun to watch. He's very decisive. He got engulfed by Tomlinson a couple of times but otherwise was excellent. Really good play recognition.

Pascal makes this team, definitely.

Togiai helped himself a lot. He has a chance, especially with Calcaterra hurt.

I called tui trash.

Getting pushed around by scrubs on run downs then some pressure against those same scrubs...👎

Thanks for looking at it though, it's appreciated for those of us that aren't able to do so.

POV: It's the night of Christmas Eve.  Eagles are down 35-31 to the Cowboys in Dallas with 4 seconds left in the 4th.  Winner not only takes the driver seat of the division but also puts them in contention for that #1 seed in the NFC.  Eagles are wearing their all black with black helmets.  

6 hours ago, jsb235 said:

QB School video on Hurts from the Jets game. 

Nice vid. Thanks. Worth 15 minutes of my time.

Blog Jury still out on Hurts, sides chosen, swords sharpened, battle lines drawn but this breakdown shows he gets it. Executed the offense as designed, was successful, made the right choices. I'm willing to give the guy a shot without prejudice. Lets see what he's learned.

34 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

GD.  That sucks 

Yeah, it does big time.  The guys made a couple of mistakes and it cost us.  Oh well, at least it wasn't the Bisbees with a lot more $$ on the line.  We will learn from it and be ready for the next one.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

earlier today it was reported he would miss 2-4 weeks. Sounds like just a trim to me.

I very much doubt the get in there and find a surprise ACL. Those dont hide and surprise you. 

Itll likely be 2-4 weeks. 

ACL’s are usually easily identified just with a shake of your knee on the intial examination and an MRI can be bypassed. 
 The bad one would be the LCL, that combined with the ACL is what did in RG3’s and Wentz’s knee. 

Jackson had a good night too between this and the pass deflection. Not sure if anyone watched him on the other plays. But it was nice to see him make a splash. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Like that muppet knows about what Jackson was at CCU.  He’s a dork.  

I was looking for a different source for this play but couldn't find it easily. The muppet is useful for reposting other people's vids and takes for easy access at least. 

Archived