EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Cut down to 75 by Tuesday.  Cut Fayad and Dunkle.  JJAW did not practice "non injury related”. Suspect he may be one of the cuts or invited to seek a trade.  Lots of other choices to go with this group.  Maybe one each from the DBs and WRs. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Jackson had a good night too between this and the pass deflection. Not sure if anyone watched him on the other plays. But it was nice to see him make a splash. 

Solid rotational DE.   

10 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Cut down to 75 by Tuesday.  Cut Fayad and Dunkle.  JJAW did not practice "non injury related”. Suspect he may be one of the cuts or invited to seek a trade.  Lots of other choices to go with this group.  Maybe one each from the DBs and WRs. 

He can seek a trade all he wants...unless his head is completely in the sand no team would give up more than an empty beer can for him and he probably realizes that.

9 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Solid rotational DE.   

Seems like it. Thatd be big if he is developing. We cant just draft 4 or 5 good DEs next year so we need someone internal to step up like this. Hope he can keep it up.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Take it from the resident CCU fan.  You’ll want some production out of a rotational DE.  Just because he’s wearing an Eagle jersey doesn’t make him "solid”. I guarantee you most teams in the NFL have more "solid” options in their rotation.  He’s shown nothing to tell anyone that he’s "solid”.  He’s got a shot and I hope he can.  Because we need it.  

You don't see any progress since last year?

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

You don't see any progress since last year?

doesnt want to credit Howie for a draft pick who may be developing in to a solid rotational DE. 

While we're kind of on the subject...

Where would you put JJaw on the list of all time Eagles busts? He's certainly up there.

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Kempski did a breakdown with gifs on Jurgens.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-c-cam-jurgens-looked-like-jason-kelce-clone-gifs-and-stuff/

1) Jurgens latches onto a linebacker on a screen and blocks him out of the screen.

Jurgens1screeny

2) Jurgens turns a DT and clears him out of the play.

Jurgens2-run

3) Jurgens is able to wash the DT down the line just enough to allow the RB to walk in for a TD.

Jurgens4GL

4) This should have been a penalty. You can't make forceable contact with your head, forearm, or shoulder to an opponent when you are heading back toward your own goal line, and Jurgens certainly does that. I'm not sure how they missed this pretty obvious call, but it's a fun highlight, so whatever.

Jurgens5crackback

5) Jurgens shows off his athleticism pulling to the edge and blocking a LB.

Jurgens 6 pull.gif

6) Another pull, another nice block.

Jurgens7pull

7) And finally, one last pull, with a nasty finish.

Jurgens8pullfinish

If it's true that you want your 5 best guys on the field then I'm seriously considering Jurgens at RG and getting anything in return for Seumalo.  All credit to him for coming back healthy and playing well too but Jurgens is too good to keep off the field. 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

earlier today it was reported he would miss 2-4 weeks. Sounds like just a trim to me.

I very much doubt the get in there and find a surprise ACL. Those dont hide and surprise you. 

Itll likely be 2-4 weeks. 

When I tore my knee the doctor told me that I would most likely just need a scope, trim some torn up cartilage, he said if you wake up with a big scar on your knee then there was more damage than we anticipated 

I woke up with a big scar, doc had to take out a huge chunk of cartilage, I was 26 years old, he said to keep it from being total bone to bone on that side he did what's called a patellar dearrangement, cut the patella tendon shift the knee cap over re attach it.

6 weeks in a straight leg brace, 4 month rehab.

Never really played basketball again, at least not seriously.

Now I doubt Wilson is going to have that much damage and I'm sure his doctor won't di the hack job mine did on me but one never really knows the damage until one gets in there 

Good luck to Wilson, hopefully it's just a minor clean out 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oh stop Howie Jr.   How in the hell would I see any progress this year?   There’s been one pre-season game. Which I haven’t watched.  You’re going to put that much emphasis on one exhibition game?   You’re being as ridiculous as RTK.  I’ve given Howie credit for this years draft.  Grow up.  

He’s part of a solid rotation.  

You havent watched, and here you are putting confused faces on a post saying he is a solid rotational player, and making your own posts discrediting him. Amazing baseless analysis. 

11 minutes ago, Swoop said:

While we're kind of on the subject...

Where would you put JJaw on the list of all time Eagles busts? He's certainly up there.

He was a 2nd round pick, been plenty of 1st round busts throughout eagles history worse than JJAW 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Josh Sweat- Decent, nothing great.  You'd want more out of your top DE.

BG:  We all love him.  But does anyone seriously expect much from him?

Barnett:  Sucks

Tarron Jackson:  Barely contributed in 2021. 

Matt Leo:  WHO??

Thats a "solid rotation”?   Please.  

Youre the only one talking about a solid rotation. The post that confused you said he is a solid rotational player. 

Just now, Utebird said:

He was a 2nd round pick, been plenty of 1st round busts throughout eagles history worse than JJAW 

There are straight up busts and busts taken with studs available at the same position.  If DK didn't become what he has, the JJAW bust, while still a bust, wouldn't feel as busty. 

33 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

He said JJaw and Trade in the same sentence

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b8ux4mpnlcls4je3llko

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Kempski did a breakdown with gifs on Jurgens.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-c-cam-jurgens-looked-like-jason-kelce-clone-gifs-and-stuff/

1) Jurgens latches onto a linebacker on a screen and blocks him out of the screen.

Jurgens1screeny

2) Jurgens turns a DT and clears him out of the play.

Jurgens2-run

3) Jurgens is able to wash the DT down the line just enough to allow the RB to walk in for a TD.

Jurgens4GL

4) This should have been a penalty. You can't make forceable contact with your head, forearm, or shoulder to an opponent when you are heading back toward your own goal line, and Jurgens certainly does that. I'm not sure how they missed this pretty obvious call, but it's a fun highlight, so whatever.

Jurgens5crackback

5) Jurgens shows off his athleticism pulling to the edge and blocking a LB.

Jurgens 6 pull.gif

6) Another pull, another nice block.

Jurgens7pull

7) And finally, one last pull, with a nasty finish.

Jurgens8pullfinish

Omg. You must have copy and pasted this. It’s a good post. 

11 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

If it's true that you want your 5 best guys on the field then I'm seriously considering Jurgens at RG and getting anything in return for Seumalo.  All credit to him for coming back healthy and playing well too but Jurgens is too good to keep off the field. 

This is potentially our C for the next decade plus.  Don’t see why we’d do that, this isn’t a championship team. Let him learn from Kelce all year and then take over in 23. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I haven’t watched a pre-season game that you all are basing your analysis on?  One pre-season game where he logged 2 tackles (1 solo).  That’s the "analysis” you and the other guy is going with?  Do you use the same analysis with Hurts and the QB1 spot? Because he went 6/6.  Is he a pro bowl QB now?  

Guy had 1 sack and 1 FF.  Just like Hurts fans, you just speaking it into existence doesn’t make Tarron Jackson a "solid” player.    

I’ll do you a favor.  I’ll watch the game later this evening and report back to you.  My suspicion is that he looked decent in limited playing time in a FING pre-season game.  Which hardly means ish, even for back-up DE’s.  😂

dont waste your time reporting back. We all know you wont admit that he played well. You already set yourself up with the "1 pre-season game" cop out. 

30 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Like that muppet knows about what Jackson was at CCU.  He’s a dork.  

Which muppet is he?

220px-The_Swedish_Chef.jpg Muppets-Mayhem.jpg?w=6202796315-8995502799-latest or actor-rowlf-the-dog-20690_large.jpeg?157???

39 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Jackson had a good night too between this and the pass deflection. Not sure if anyone watched him on the other plays. But it was nice to see him make a splash. 

He was active and played well enough to stand out.  That last play on the clip though, he crashed down inside into the pulling OL when he could have had the sack.  

17 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Haven’t seen any practices. And haven’t watched the one preseason game he partially played in.  So…no.  I haven’t.  

Welp he was at least making some plays on the second team. Which is more than he did last year. So here's hoping he's continuing to develop. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Wait?!?   What?  When someone is talking about DE and calling them a solid "rotational player”.  What the hell do you think that means?  He’ll rotate from the PS to the game day roster?   😂  What else does "solid rotational player” mean?   He’s as close to a JAG as you can get on this roster.  

Hey guys, he’s a solid rotational player but not part of the rotation.  I’ve seen it all.  RTK-like 

Having one guy who can be a solid rotational player does not necessarily mean the position group, or rotation is solid. It can be a weak group, with one solid player.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He played well in a pre-season game.  Great.  Awesome.  Make him part of the solid rotation.  Or make him a solid rotational player.  Or something.  Just he’s great.  Because he has two tackles.  In a preseason game.  And Howie drafted him.  

great. thanks for not making us wait for that fantastic analysis till after you watched the game. The suspense was killing me.

37 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Maybe the eagles had JJAW doing a promo for a new umbrella they are gonna sell lol 

3 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

This is potentially our C for the next decade plus.  Don’t see why we’d do that, this isn’t a championship team. Let him learn from Kelce all year and then take over in 23. 

Understand your point but I still think you want your best players on the field.  Championship team or not, Jurgens could learn a lot about the NFL by being out there...especially in the huddle with Kelce seeing how he commands the team, calls the protections and such.  That's invaluable experience. 

18 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I like the idea of the best 5 OL on the field.  I do not like the idea of trading away OL depth of players that are capable of being a starter at multiple positions.  

Archived