EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

From the Stands it looked like Hurts left 2-3 clean pockets for no reason, That should be more of a focal point than a touchdown that didnt count

Yup.

The cheap shot he took was one of those where he ran out of a clean pocket.

He looked off his first read panicked and bailed on the play.

To top it off I think he was short of the first as well 

Stupid stuff.

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup.

The cheap shot he took was one of those where he ran out of a clean pocket.

He looked off his first read panicked and bailed on the play.

To top it off I think he was short of the first as well 

Stupid stuff.

He was.

Very reminiscent of Cam Newton and his super man celebration. All about him, for better or worse.

7 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

From the Stands it looked like Hurts left 2-3 clean pockets for no reason, That should be more of a focal point than a touchdown that didnt count

He did it once.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

He did it once.

Thats only part of the truth. He also did it again. And again. 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

He did it once.

Watching the NFL+ replay right now, so we will see.

He definitely did on the play he got popped.

You could say he bailed a clean pocket on the TD run that was called back.  Instead of stepping up and looking for a receiver, he bailed immediately.

Just now, downundermike said:

Watching the NFL+ replay right now, so we will see.

He definitely did on the play he got popped.

You could say he bailed a clean pocket on the TD run that was called back.  Instead of stepping up and looking for a receiver, he bailed immediately.

100%. Easily his worst in the play and is frustrating, especially given the quality of the OL.

7 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I know for a fact it was more than once. 

Just watched all the plays on the drive, he left the pocket three times.

The long pass to Watkins was pressure, so he had no choice.

The play he got hit out of bounds, and the called back TD run.

I would say 1 of these he bailed a clean pocket, but if you want to tell me which plays you think were clean pockets, I can post screenshots.

30 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Constantly reffering to 2 TDs and using "reasonable" in the same sentence just doesn't go together.

You do realize one of them ended up not counting, right? You realize had the first one counted, the 2nd one doesn't happen?

Jalen had 1 TD.

ONE.

Scored a TD called back in a ticky tack call.  Came back the very next play from even further back and scored another TD. Didn't let that penalty kill the drive. 

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Hurts left a clean pocket a couple times

Tell me which plays, I only see 1 play you can legitimately say he left a clean pocket.

Still nitpicking after two days for the 6 play drive...some things never change. It is preseason and we are not privileged to know what each player is being looked at and evaluated for. They are gathering film on many to make final roster decisions. As for Hurts, it's the same tired narrative. He needs to be a pocket passer. We all know what he is...and should know what to expect. He has made minimal progress toward pocket passer, so we should be expecting him to run at times. It appears from a small sample that he will be given simple route concepts with combinations lined up for him to make a quick read and release the ball. The Eagles will be run oriented again, with Hurts relying on short passes. It is what it is. 

1 minute ago, aptosbird said:

Still nitpicking after two days for the 6 play drive...some things never change. It is preseason and we are not privileged to know what each player is being looked at and evaluated for. They are gathering film on many to make final roster decisions. As for Hurts, it's the same tired narrative. He needs to be a pocket passer. We all know what he is...and should know what to expect. He has made minimal progress toward pocket passer, so we should be expecting him to run at times. It appears from a small sample that he will be given simple route concepts with combinations lined up for him to make a quick read and release the ball. The Eagles will be run oriented again, with Hurts relying on short passes. It is what it is. 

Relying on short passes? He averaged 13.3 YPA and had two 20+ yard completions. 

Small sample size...we will see slants, short crosses and screens as part of the normal scheme. I was encouraged by the downfield throws.

What do people think Foles was running when we won a SB?

A sophisticated pocket passing system?

18 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I just reported him for misinformation. 

Bro, you literally told me to come meet you in public after I made a Steeler joke… and then you report me… 

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Scored a TD called back in a ticky tack call.  Came back the very next play from even further back and scored another TD. Didn't let that penalty kill the drive. 

Still one TD. 

Just now, aptosbird said:

Small sample size...we will see slants, short crosses and screens as part of the normal scheme. I was encouraged by the downfalls throws.

Which we should, we have a great YAC WR in Brown, you want to get him the ball on slants and crosses, we have a great, mobile OL, as I predicted, they're going to throw more screens this year because every lineman is athletic enough to get downfield and make blocks (even the backups, Opeta and Jurgens looked good, only Anderson whiffed in space).

The league has focused on taking away the big downfield throw, keeping safeties deeper, which opens up the run and short passing game.

16 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Did you see last year where they thought Hurts was the short yardage back, the change of pace back, and the back that could hit the home run?

Better part, have you seen the last year or so that people believe this is a path for success. 

Yes I did see all of last season where they used Hurts as the "short yardage” back.  He’s a RB disguised in QB clothing.  My point… let me try to articulate this slowly….is that it is very stupid if the brass actually thinks this is a solution to the problem.  They patched a bandaid last season and it worked because our offensive line was so dominant and we faced inept QBs and teams for the remainder of the season.  I was also calling out one of the high and mighty posters that consistently posts moronic takes, then tells us all about his education.  @austinfan  Here’s your education! 

image.gif.f94615a70564a0031e9f1cb2e1a73a52.gif

Also, your last paragraph doesn’t even make any sense. I can’t tell if you’re asking a question or telling me something but it reads like Ralph Wiggum.  Regardless, I still choo choo choo choooose you!  

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Question.  Why do you feel the need to defend Hurts at all costs, but looked for reasons to criticize Wentz when he was here.  Even before his bad season?   What’s that about?   Serious question.  

Easy answer, RLC is 

a-little-racist-confused.gif

Yes its a joke, don;t get your panties in a bunch RLC. We know it's a lot, not a little. :)

4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Bro, you literally told me to come meet you in public after I made a Steeler joke… and then you report me… 

There’s no way he knows how to report you. It’s Sunday. That’s window licking day!  

7 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I wouldn’t meet up with you anywhere but public, you ol meatsack

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

There’s no way he knows how to report you. It’s Sunday. That’s window licking day!  

Hello, the last time you qweefed

10 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Still one TD. 

It was nearly 0 TDs because he ran short of the mark on 3rd down. They luckily had the drive extended by a penalty.

Kenny Pickett looked very good last night. 13/15, 95 yards 2 TDs. He was working his progressions, actually playing QB. Im sure Bacarty2 will jump ship soon on our boards now that they have a new QB. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It was nearly 0 TDs because he ran short of the mark on 3rd down. They luckily had the drive extended by a penalty.

We don't the outcome of a such a possibility, since it never happened. It was a penalty. The more likely scenario would have been for the Eagles to go for it on 4th down, and the drive might have been extended.

Archived