EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

18 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

I get it.  The QB is the most important position on the field and gets all the scruntiny.  The backup QB is always the most popular player in Philly (except for Minshew because everybody knows that he sucks worse).

But, it is like the posters in here believe that if they cry and repeat "Hurts sucks" enough that it is actually going to change anything.  

There are going to be 75 other players on the team and roster battles for those positions.  I know it is isn't as intriguing as a 72 hour scrutiny of one f'n play in preseason but there are other topics.

Ok.

What are your thoughts on the defensive front 

It's been said that Gannon is going to use a multiple front hybrid defense this year 

Against the jets I counted a few 3-4 base looks and a couple base 4-3 looks interestingly in nickel there were quite a few 2-4 looks and a few times Gannon brought over load blitzes bringing one OLB, ILB and a nickel DB off that side.

Personally I prefer 3-3-5 over 2-4-5 but I think both are looks that Gannon can execute with current personnel.

When in nickel and not 2-4-5 it looked to be just  a 4-2 over or under front with the over or under being a stand up rusher?

Anybody have any comments on what they think of these fronts from Gannon and if they'll be more effective than the crap Gannon put out there last year?

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Also, if there are other topics.  Get them going.  By all means, have at it.  

Plenty of other parts of the game has been discussed since saturday in here.  The reason why this was drudged up today, is because some pillars were in here arguing it was a good play.  That's Nick (Howie by proxy) told them to say.  

I tried starting one yesterday that no one responded to outside of like three people. 

Most people, especially now, are going to be focused on the QB.

We've all discussed Jordan Davis, Dean, Kelce's injury, Jurgens, how Seumalo looked at RG, etc.

Did Matt Leo play at all?

Kinda want him to make the team just so we can have a 48 year old rookie 

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

I tried starting one yesterday that no one responded to outside of like three people. 

We've all discussed Jordan Davis, Dean, Kelce's injury, Jurgens, how Seumalo looked at RG, etc.

Have we discussed updog?

55 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

The team isn't heavily invested in Hurts. It's not like there will be a $30+ million dollar dead cap hit if they move on from him.  My guess is that they will without a 2nd thought unless he looks much better than last season.  I mean maybe they screw up and offer him some big extension in the offseason but I hope they learned their lesson from Wentz.  

That would be very bad for the team if they gave him a new contract as right now he doesn't deserve one

20 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

I get it.  The QB is the most important position on the field and gets all the scruntiny.  The backup QB is always the most popular player in Philly (except for Minshew because everybody knows that he sucks worse).

But, it is like the posters in here believe that if they cry and repeat "Hurts sucks" enough that it is actually going to change anything.  

There are going to be 74 other players on the team and roster battles for those positions.  I know it is isn't as intriguing as a 72 hour scrutiny of one f'n play in preseason but there are other topics.

Instead of complaining about it you could have just created a new discussion...

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The blog directs where the discussion is going.  As long as it's not politically/socially divisive topics, then have at it.  

I did. My point was that people weren't interested in discussing. That's totally fine, but let's not pretend we haven't talked about other things/tried to.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Did Matt Leo play at all?

Kinda want him to make the team just so we can have a 48 year old rookie 

Dr Evil Leo GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Have we discussed updog?

Yeah, right after got done talking about Henweigh

I don't like the endzones. I hope they do something to them. Not sure why our one and only preseason game they didn't. 

Yeah, right after got done talking about Henweigh

spacer.png

HonestNFL has Zach Martin as a top 15 player in the NFL. Discuss.

I think that it's a joke, despite how good Martin has been. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I thought I saw a #60 on the field, but now I am thinking it was #50.  Which is Kobe Smith.  He can be a solid part of the rotation.  

Oh yea, Kobe Smith. He was on a list of guys I liked in 2020 along with 60 other DT's.

HonestNFL has Zach Martin as a top 15 player in the NFL. Discuss.

I think that it's a joke, despite how good Martin has been. 

Cowboys Suck😡

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Swaggy Pants likes a bare field for him to do the gritty on.  

Can we also stop doing that please?  It's Fing lame.  Almost as bad as that backpack thing that the 5 year old white kids do now.  

It's the griddy, boomer

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Swaggy Pants likes a bare field for him to do the gritty on.  

Can we also stop doing that please?  It's Fing lame.  Almost as bad as that backpack thing that the 5 year old white kids do now.  

What's ironic/funny/fitting for today's society is that for 2 years pre-griddy, we're told that this was a racist symbol. Cancel culture went after a lot of people for using that symbol (mostly playing the made you look game). Now it's part of that silly dance and a mainstay on NFL fields and NBA floors.  Damn racists. 

image.jpeg.fa81c2052454e29e42ca233670e867c7.jpeg

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Go to that muppet on twitter and tell him to do a breakdown.  And when I say do a breakdown, I mean perjury.  

So wait, when they do the eyballs thing it's not because of this guy?

See the source image

Nope

We could talk about how Gannon still stinks or we could talk about the Patrick O'Brian Aubery-Maturin novels.  

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

What's ironic/funny/fitting for today's society is that for 2 years pre-griddy, we're told that this was a racist symbol. Cancel culture went after a lot of people for using that symbol (mostly playing the made you look game). Now it's part of that silly dance and a mainstay on NFL fields and NBA floors.  Damn racists. 

image.jpeg.fa81c2052454e29e42ca233670e867c7.jpeg

Just because it's being used like this in celebration by an athlete or the made you look game or as an ok symbol doesn't mean it can't also be used by white supremacists as a symbol.

19 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Have we discussed updog?

Is that the same as a mattabooboo? 

54 minutes ago, Cliftoma said:

He must have forgot today.  I didn't 😏

Just had some work to do this morning....gettin to be bout that time tho....

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Just because it's being used like this in celebration by an athlete or the made you look game or as an ok symbol doesn't mean it can't also be used by white supremacists as a symbol.

Don't disagree but you can go back and look at the instances where people were called out and clearly tell it's some drunk guy doing it because he's on camera.  I could be wrong, maybe that's the most racist guy ever behind Glanville.  The Cubs sure think so. I mean they are repulsed.

Was that a 'white power' symbol at the Chicago Cubs game? Still not ok. —  The Employer Handbook Blog — May 10, 2019

followed by:

Such ignorant and repulsive behavior is not tolerated at Wrigley Field. We are reviewing the incident thoroughly because no one should be subjected to this type of offensive behavior. Any derogatory conduct should be reported immediately to our ballpark staff. Any individual behaving in this manner will not only be removed from the ballpark, but will be permanently banned from Wrigley Field.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Don't disagree but you can go back and look at the instances where people were called out and clearly tell it's some drunk guy doing it because he's on camera.  I could be wrong, maybe that's the most racist guy ever behind Glanville.  The Cubs sure think so. I mean they are repulsed.

Was that a 'white power' symbol at the Chicago Cubs game? Still not ok. —  The Employer Handbook Blog — May 10, 2019

followed by:

Such ignorant and repulsive behavior is not tolerated at Wrigley Field. We are reviewing the incident thoroughly because no one should be subjected to this type of offensive behavior. Any derogatory conduct should be reported immediately to our ballpark staff. Any individual behaving in this manner will not only be removed from the ballpark, but will be permanently banned from Wrigley Field.

Looks like he is about to flick his ear.

Archived