EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

In a country of 335 million, a few thousand is nothing. Thousands of people believe the earth is flat. I say let them do their thing and ignore them and their "symbols" that's the best approach.

Maybe he just wanted to flash a symbol on TV out of spite to stick it to people who think it's bad and it was a total coincidence the reporter standing there was black? I have no idea why he did it, but that's precisely the point of why you don't need to draw conclusions. It serves no purpose.

It was more than a few thousand.

The army reprimanded  a bunch of dudes that that flashed it in a pic. Police departments have done the same, especially after an fbi report that stated police departments had been infiltrated by white supremacists in their ranks.

One can choose to ignore it but history has shown symbols can have power that can incite negative behavior associated with those symbols.

Serves no purpose to try and come up with any and all reasons to excuse his use of that sign or anybodies imo

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ipiggles said:

That is short term memory only-

Howie drafted JJAW- with a high draft pick and got a throw away player for it.. 

Sorry that still sucks Always will suck. 

I would've accepted 50% off a cheesesteak for taking JJAW off our hands

Just now, eagle45 said:

JJAW can be united with DK Metcalf.  The head to head comparison will be better than ever.

Who has more catches this season, Reagor or JJAW? 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

JJAW can be united with DK Metcalf.  The head to head comparison will be better than ever.

Howie troll job 

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He traded him for a 4th round, 5'9" safety

That's 5 feet 9 inches too much of anything for JJAW...😁

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I hope Seattle cuts JJAW tomorrow at the 85 deadline

I hope they have a huge battle like when Batman had to fight Bane underground in the Dark Knight Rises. Except Bane in this case is DK, who literally picks JJAW up above his head and breaks his back. That would be awesome

3 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Looks like he has return experience and could play safety too 

Well, he played safety at Oregon, and played safety for the Seahawks, so, I sure hope he can play safety.

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

What if it was in the process of going below the waist?

to be honest I'm not sure that guy can get his hand below his waist 

He's got a dickydoo.

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

What if it was in the process of going below the waist?

But with all that being said... You're basically whats wrong with the country

Unsure what the guys doing...racist

Unsure if it was a game or not, racist

Guy you dont know, cant see his face, could be doing a trilliong different things....racist

When in doubt, yell racist. 

When all this fails, challenge them to a fight at a preseason game in front of your kid.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Is Geno Smith commissioner gordon?  

I forget, but did Gordon get punched and knocked out cold? If so, then definitely. 

3 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Who has more catches this season, Slay, Reagor or JJAW? 

Added 1 more in there for you.  

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

It was more than a few thousand.

The army reprimanded  a bunch of dudes that that flashed it in a pic. Police departments have done the same, especially after an fbi report that stated police departments had been infiltrated by white supremacists in their ranks.

One can choose to ignore it but history has shown symbols can have power that can incite negative behavior associated with those symbols.

Serves no purpose to try and come up with any and all reasons to excuse his use of that sign or anybodies imo

The problem with your argument is that the sign has multiple uses, as we've established. So if someone flashes it, people are making assumptions for which it was used. 99.9% of the population uses that sign as an ok symbol. An infinitesimal minority uses it as a racist symbol. And if I remember those stories correctly, it was social panic from the army and police departments during social unrest where everything everywhere was racist and some guy got fired for cracking his knuckles outside of his work truck's window because it was misconstrued as that symbol, and companies were removing Uncle Ben's face from rice "bc racism." People were not acting rationally during that time period, it was a bunch of cowards acquiescing to moral panic and a vocal minority of activists.

9 minutes ago, metal said:

Looks like Seattle was planning to cut him tomorrow so it seems to be a situation where neither player was going to make it for their respective team

So basically 

05700E34-D0FB-41C8-8B74-F1307144728C.jpeg

8 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

:roll:

Really? 

Yes, it was all part of his plan to consider all the factors of the present moment, including skin color of a man on TV, to score morale points with his white supremacist brothers around the country, at a game no one cares about. He probably knew exactly which inning and out he would carry out his master plan.

Actually sounds just stupid enough to work, especially for a cubs fan.

Having said that the guy may not be a full blown white supremacist but I'm guessing he knows full well the implication of that sign and if he doesn't he should.

Like I said there are 500 other hand gestures one could use at that point, don't quote me in the 500, it's not a scientific guess😁 yet he chose to do this one particular sign that is a known white power symbol in front of a black guy.

More than likely he's just a drunk idiot much like Riley Cooper.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Well, he played safety at Oregon, and played safety for the Seahawks, so, I sure hope he can play safety.

thought he was more of a slot. 

Just now, greendestiny27 said:

thought he was more of a slot. 

He's gonna be cut, I wouldn't invest any time in looking him up. I know I haven't. 

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

The Irony of you saying the sameshit over and over again and then calling someone lame.

Go away puppy boy

I am here, waiting for you.......

Parking Lot K | Philadelphia Eagles v New York Giants | 7 Jan 2023* | Lincoln  Financial Field | Koobit

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Totally not Howie's burner account guys

"Just want to talk about this Jalen Hurts play. When I watch this, it shows how great he is at extending the play and how he's been working on keeping his eyes down field. Gotta love the aggression and fearlessness to go for the score there, too. Great play, but a bad outcome. Really love what I've seen from Hurts today." 

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

The problem with your argument is that the sign has multiple uses, as we've established. So if someone flashes it, people are making assumptions for which it was used. 99.9% of the population uses that sign as an ok symbol. An infinitesimal minority uses it as a racist symbol. And if I remember those stories correctly, it was social panic from the army and police departments during social unrest where everything everywhere was racist and some guy got fired for cracking his knuckles outside of his work truck's window because it was misconstrued as that symbol, and companies were removing Uncle Ben's face from rice "bc racism." People were not acting rationally during that time period, it was a bunch of cowards acquiescing to moral panic and a vocal minority of activists.

Well said.  The guy getting fired for cracking his knuckles was another instance that sticks out.  It's why their are now bands called Lady A and The Chicks now too. 

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

He's gonna be cut, I wouldn't invest any time in looking him up. I know I haven't. 

Yeah most likely unfortunately 

8 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

edit.

Yeah, but he's basing it on how it's exactly used in the screenshot. It's not used as an OK, or the trick to make you look. I'm Black, and I think it was used in a derogatory way and so did the network. I'm not bent out of shape about it because racists exist and that's not gonna change. I don't get why we have to come up with all these hypotheticals to justify the act.  Let's just leave it at that and get back to football talk and celebrating JJAW being gone 😄

Archived