EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Thats the first and only person I ever used ignore on. Finally did it in the Russia/Ukraine thread. That guy is unbelievable.

I have to ask, probably already have them on ignore, who is the Russian Troll? LOL

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Disgusting and no place for it.  Even over there.  

I don't want to touch on my personal opinions on the matter but there is too much divisiveness in society on political issues.  It's an alarming rise of religious fervor about issues to the point where everyone who doesn't share your view is not worthy of living.  I am legitimately concerned that there will be political violence that have not been seen since the early 20th century in this country.  Political dissent is healthy for the country.  Violent political dissent does nothing but breakdown society and leads to hardship. 

2 minutes ago, Fresh_Prince said:

And I thought that football beginning again would fix this blog. smdh :facepalm:

Maybe you should stick to the basketball courts in west Philly. 

Just now, downundermike said:

Or go hang out with @vikas83 in Bel Air

Lol, vikas wouldn't deal with this guy, he's "only" a prince. Too poor to hang with vikas

Has there been any correlation between RBs that juke with injuries more than those that just hit the hole and run?

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Bust

The fact that he "thinks" it instead of outright claiming it suggests to me that he's probably going to switch.

4 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I have to ask, probably already have them on ignore, who is the Russian Troll? LOL

Abracadabra. check out the Russia/Ukraine thread and prepare to get sick to your stomach reading his stuff. 

Just now, NCiggles said:

I don't want to touch on my personal opinions on the matter but there is too much divisiveness in society on political issues.  It's an alarming rise of religious fervor about issues to the point where everyone who doesn't share your view is not worthy of living.  I am legitimately concerned that there will be political violence that have not been seen since the early 20th century in this country.  Political dissent is healthy for the country.  Violent political dissent does nothing but breakdown society and leads to hardship. 

Agreed- We have lost the ability to have civil dissagreements. Identity politics has driven the hateful rhetoric, one side really ran with it, now both sides are guilty of it.  I always give posters a chance until they start with the personal attacks, then I respond in kind, if thats all they have to offer, I just place them on ignore. 

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

Agreed- We have lost the ability to have civil dissagreements. Identity politics has driven the hateful rhetoric, one side really ran with it, now both sides are guilty of it.  I always give posters a chance until they start with the personal attacks, then I respond in kind, if thats all they have to offer, I just place them on ignore. 

Pretty soon we can all argue about the games :-)

2 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Pretty soon we can all argue about the games :-)

Oh we did that after Friday. But then we were told we were beating a dead horse. Can't win! 

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Oh we did that after Friday. But then we were told we were beating a dead horse. Can't win! 

It was pre-season and the started didn't play much. We need some regular season games.

I am kind of hoping Hurts lights it up this year. It would be great for the team, and awesome for this place. 

Just now, dawkdaballhawk said:

It was pre-season and the started didn't play much. We need some regular season games.

I am kind of hoping Hurts lights it up this year. It would be great for the team, and awesome for this place. 

Why only "kind of"? We should ALL be OUTRIGHT hoping that Hurts lights it up this year.

Guest justrelax
3 hours ago, downundermike said:

How do you guys come up with pet names ??

Mine have all been named after athletes, or sports.

First dog, pictured with the cat above was Donovan, second dog, a little yorkie, Mia, the cat above, Shady, my great Dane, ESPeN, we fostered a St Bernard, his name was Buhner, and our current cat is named Gatti.

The only exception was a dog named Harley we took in from my wifes boss at the time.

The last several were presidential. We've had a James (there were six presidents named James), a Harry, a Quincy, an Abigail (wife of a president and mother of another), a Benjamin...

12 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Ugh....in the off season, I had hoped we could move on from Hurts, Reagor and Sanders. Looks like we're gonna have to suffer one more year of each. 

I don't know why anyone would want to move on from Sanders.  He's an above average starter.  He's just not going to be able to carry the ball 200 times in a season.  Of course, not many RBs are getting those kinds of carries.   I think if he got to 150 carries and 50 receptions that would put him in the range of an elite back.  There were only 7 rushers in the NFL with more than a 1000 yards.  Over the last 10 seasons, I think that more often than not there have been less than ten 1,000 yard RBs.  It's just a different kind of NFL.  Sanders can be a game changing RB. I hope he is able to stay healthy but he's more effective than not when he plays and has above average value as runner.  

10 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Shut up, I wasn't talking to you.  

Just now, NCiggles said:

I don't know why anyone would want to move on from Sanders.  He's an above average starter.  He's just not going to be able to carry the ball 200 times in a season.  Of course, not many RBs are getting those kinds of carries.   I think if he got to 150 carries and 50 receptions that would put him in the range of an elite back.  There were only 7 rushers in the NFL with more than a 1000 yards.  Over the last 10 seasons, I think that more often than not there have been less than ten 1,000 yard RBs.  It's just a different kind of NFL.  Sanders can be a game changing RB. I hope he is able to stay healthy but he's more effective than not when he plays and has above average value as runner.  

He's a good runner, when healthy, which is a big caveat. But his pass catching has regressed severely since his rookie year. The biggest issue I have with not only Sanders, but also Hurts and even Reagor, is their football IQ is sorely lacking. These guys have been playing football since they were little kids, and to be so dumb when it comes to simple football common sense, it grinds my gears more than anything. 

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

The last several were presidential. We've had a James (there were six presidents named James), a Harry, a Quincy, an Abigail (wife of a president and mother of another), a Benjamin...

Benjamin Harrison?  Bold choice.

3 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Why only "kind of"? We should ALL be OUTRIGHT hoping that Hurts lights it up this year.

You're correct, I'm just worried he won't. That last playoff game was horrible.

20 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Violent political dissent does nothing but breakdown society and leads to hardship. 

I don't know turned out ok after the civil war...😉

Think Calcaterra is a lock to make the team? He was apparently looking good before the injury and they invested a pick on him.

6 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

You're correct, I'm just worried he won't. That last playoff game was horrible.

You're not the only one

Archived