EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

He's a good runner, when healthy, which is a big caveat. But his pass catching has regressed severely since his rookie year. The biggest issue I have with not only Sanders, but also Hurts and even Reagor, is their football IQ is sorely lacking. These guys have been playing football since they were little kids, and to be so dumb when it comes to simple football common sense, it grinds my gears more than anything. 

Not just that but he's TD adverse 

I remember omin I think 2004 super bowl year Pinkston had I think 1 TD and he was TATE public enemy number one.

Sanders goes a whole year touching the ball way more than pinkston did and is a far more talented football player and we get people making excuses for him 

Ive been done with Sanders for a while now, he's an explosive guy( when healthy) but his vision is atrocious. Even on the screen play against the jets he cut the wrong way.

Coupled with his inconsistent hands ,injuries inability to lick up tough yards or score tds I'm just not impressed nor would I extend him 

43 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

And so it begins 

Miles sanders another injury.  Boston Scott going on 2 weeks with a concussion.  Gainwell not looking good.  Huntley less than impressive. Brooks is just slow. New guy.  

RB room looking really good.  I said this was an underrated need all spring and summer.  Yes RB doesn’t hold value like it used to but neither does crap. 

53 minutes ago, downundermike said:

False

image.png.36e832e66d86f5d2efb2a1ae76524ca4.png

That's interesting.  I've been thinking Round 3 was the sweet spot for drafting RB -- didn't realize 2/3 of the league were using Round 1 and 2 players as their lead RB

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How many times have you had @downundermike and I on and off ignore?   As often as you’ve reported us or more?   You challenged someone to a fight and wished death to my family pet.  Yet you put him on ignore?  Again?  Weird standards.  

i don't know why that made me laugh as much as it did :roll:   

bloggers are hardcore. :lol:  

28 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

It was pre-season and the started didn't play much. We need some regular season games.

I am kind of hoping Hurts lights it up this year. It would be great for the team, and awesome for this place. 

I don't know if awesome is the word I'd use, I think it could get um... Sticky due to a few posters😳

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

Yeah we are clearly much more civil in the sixers thread. We’ve evolved lol :roll:

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

That's interesting.  I've been thinking Round 3 was the sweet spot for drafting RB -- didn't realize 2/3 of the league were using Round 1 and 2 players as their lead RB

The designation for Fournette is kinda misleading though. Yeah, he was a 1 when he was drafted, but he was also waived and anyone could have picked him up for nothing. To me, that's basically the same as a UDFA. Kinda the same for Patterson too. A failed wideout who has bounced around the league and now starts for the Falcons because they have no one better.

Also, almost all of the 1s were drafted in the latter half of the first round.

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How many times have you had @downundermike and I on and off ignore?   As often as you’ve reported us or more?   You challenged someone to a fight and wished death to my family pet.  Yet you put him on ignore?  Again?  Weird standards.  

Reminds me of that scene in semi pro 

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

The designation for Fournette is kinda misleading though. Yeah, he was a 1 when he was drafted, but he was also waived and anyone could have picked him up for nothing. To me, that's basically the same as a UDFA. Kinda the same for Patterson too. A failed wideout who has bounced around the league and now starts for the Falcons because they have no one better.

Also, almost all of the 1s were drafted in the latter half of the first round.

I was just thinking I wonder if Reagor could convert to RB, much like Patterson did. 

2 hours ago, Utebird said:

I'm not salty 

I knew you would say box isn't a credible source because it's left leaning 

Yet the article doesn't take a left or right opinion or any really.

It's just reporting the history of the word woke and where it originated and how it's used today.

Like I said previously , call me woke all you want, the opposite of woke is ignorant so...

Woke has been adopted by those that don’t really understand the basis for being woke, basically being aware to now incorporate positions well beyond its original meaning and so over the top as to be rejected by many, including me.. Because of that it may be viewed as a negative.  There is a world of difference from what "woke” originally meant to what it means today.  But that doesn’t mean that those who don’t identify as the current adoption of the term suggests are ignorant or even hold to some of the belief of those that identify as "woke”. 

Toast isn’t ignorant, he just doesn’t agree with you on some issues. That’s okay. Have you ever read folks like Bill Kristol, George Will, William Buckley?  All traditional conservatives, as I see it.  But each has beliefs that might be viewed negatively by other "conservatives ".  Each is or in the case of Buckley, was an excellent writer.   I disagree with Toast on labeling. ( Was Jack Kemp a conservative or a leftist, for example?  How about Teddy Roosevelt ?)   I tend to think that adopting or assigning a label is limiting.  

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

I was just thinking I wonder if Reagor could convert to RB, much like Patterson did. 

Afan will suggest H-back in a few days...

Just now, mr_hunt said:

DistantShamelessBasilisk-size_restricted

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I was just thinking I wonder if Reagor could convert to waterboy, much like bobby boucher did. 

Fyp 

1 minute ago, Desertbirds said:

RTK will suggest that he thought of this idea 20 years before anybody else

I googled a list of 2022 free agents to see if there was anyone available Howie might sign before the season and accidentally clicked on a 2023 free agent list and skimmed it a bit. So figured I’d throw it out there. If you could only have one of these free agents in March 2023 who would it be

1. Derwin James

2. Jessie Bates

3. Quenton Nelson

4. Bradley Chubb

2 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

He'll also suggest he'd be considered a top 10 RB if he switches 

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

I googled a list of 2022 free agents to see if there was anyone available Howie might sign before the season and accidentally clicked on a 2023 free agent list and skimmed it a bit. So figured I’d throw it out there. If you could only have one of these free agents in March 2023 who would it be

1. Derwin James

2. Jessie Bates

3. Quenton Nelson

4. Bradley Chubb

Nelson in a landslide ... but the Colts aren't quite enough of a crapshow yet to let him walk

Just now, Sack that QB said:

1. Derwin James

2. Jessie Bates

3. Quenton Nelson

4. Bradley Chubb

James and Bates only. Nelson will get paid a lot of money, and it seems we are pretty good at finding o-linemen and having them coached up. Chubb is quickly approaching the crest of the hill that is his career. 

34 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

1) i have him on ignore

2) I posted the information a year or 2 ago(as I mentioned in my original post). 

3) I'd be curious how he factored in the UDFA, I gave them an average score of 263(1st pick in the imaginary 8th round) 

Since then..

Phillip Lindsey(UDFA) has been replaced by a 2nd rounder

Damian Williams(UDFA) has been replaced with a 1st rounder

Chris Carson was #239, replaced with a 1st rounder

Devonta Freeman was a 4th rounder replaced by a 1st rounder.

@TorontoEagle, here is the updates @Bacarty2 requested, still not seeing that 4th round average.

image.png.78fa9f6d55213fd425c2bd0ac6e42e67.png

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

1. Derwin James

2. Jessie Bates

3. Quenton Nelson

4. Bradley Chubb

Chubb. I’d say Nelson but he’s gonna get paid as a guard and we have Dickerson and i think they’ll draft/develop a future starter at guard with stoutland. Imo chubb is a pass rusher and I believe can play olb and DE. Love James and like hates but I’d take pass rusher over safety. I’m guessing the eagles would too. That said Marcus Davenport is also a FA. Eagles liked him coming out of that draft. 

Archived