EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

In 2022, PS players are allow 3 elevations, as opposed to last season's 2.

Thinking we may carry our 4th RB there for a while.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

After cuts you may add a RB and hide someone on the PS. Or IR. Or whatever. 

IMO  our first 48 were set for awhile now. probably top 50

You're most likely correct. But nothing to get upset over

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

That confirms 3 RB's

Not surprised. Did they waive Brooks already? Must've missed that

Two things I'm looking forward to seeing:

1) how the offense looks this season, people can harp about Hurts' limitations, but what matters is how he works within the framework of THIS offense, he's not sitting in a pocket throwing 60 yard passes to Hill, he's going to run a ball control system built around the RPO, inside zone blocks, screen passes, a WR who can gain YAC on slants, and so on. So what matters is how he runs THIS scheme, can he make the quick reads, accurately hit his targets, take a few deep shots a game to keep safeties honest, and so forth. I cut my teeth on the Reid WCO, and saw Garcia run it better than McNabb. With the talent on this team, Hurts skill set could make this an elite offense IF he can consistently make the routine pass - because he'll have RBs and TEs open and targets like Pascal underneath. He won't have to throw 40 yard outs across his body, he will have to consistently hit his targets in stride. His running is a huge asset, but it should complement, not replace, the passing game.

2) how the defense looks with Gannon's multiple looks. I don't see a lot of blitzing as much as misdirection, which LB drops and which comes, confusing blocking assignments by shifting pre-snap, and so forth. The ability to show multiple fronts and adjust to opponents and even within games should give them an edge.

Prediction:  11-6, win at least one playoff game.

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

Not surprised. Did they waive Brooks already? Must've missed that

Not yet, but I don't think he ever had a chance to make it

13 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

And there it is.  A historic whiff for the blog. Also your 2022 Nasty Nate award winner. 

3 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Two questions to start the dialogue.

1) What are you most looking forward to?

2) What is your bold prediction?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) The additions of Reddick, Davis, etc. making the front seven more disruptive.

2) Kelce will score a TD.  Either as a lead back or some sort of hook-and-ladder near the goal line.

1) An improved Front Seven producing more Interceptions from the DBs ... and an improved Secondary producing more sacks from the Front Four

2) Reed Blankenship is the starting Safety beside Epps after the Bye week (possibly before)

22 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

When the Eagles make their OL cuts...if you are another team...do you say that our OL is stacked, the released player was coached up by the best in the business, and put in a claim?

Or do you say...the starters here are stacked, the bubble depth is less spectacular, and a player that Stoutland let go probably isn't going to work out anywhere.

The latter, in most situations. 

However, I feel the NFL is mostly a tight knit group so if a player can play or has potential, I think it’d be known. 

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Huntley will probably be PS

No reason to. He's been there for 2 years and can never crack a starting lineup. Find someone else.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eww Gross GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I’d go with Thorson since he was actually drafted. Forget if it was round 4 or 5. 

I came across this tidbit...

Stick a feather in Howie's cap! Love him or hate him, pissing off agents is a top achievement in his job.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

And there it is.  A historic whiff for the blog. Also your 2022 Nasty Nate award winner. 

Incorrect.  Part of the Nasty Nate parameters are having a massive performance in a pre season game.

Would you agree @LeanMeanGM.  

Just now, downundermike said:

Incorrect.  Part of the Nasty Nate parameters are having a massive performance in a pre season game.

Would you agree @LeanMeanGM.  

I'd say you need some kind of actual meaningless performance that gets the writers/fan base talking, at the least. Not literally do nothing, ever. 

2 minutes ago, toolg said:

I came across this tidbit...

Stick a feather in Howie's cap! Love him or hate him, pissing off agents is a top achievement in his job.

Being named the least trustworthy GM by the least trustworthy people in the business probably isn't a bad thing.

Archived