EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Guest justrelax
16 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Big V started at LT for a super bowl winning team and signed as an undrafted FA. Is he currently starting? I thought the Lions replaced him with Sewell. Villanueva was here as a D-Lineman.

I just read that Villanueva retired this Spring, so scratch him off. And, you are correct, he converted to tackle after the Eagles cut him.

Big V starts at RG for the Lions.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bacarty2 said:

I really dont think all 3 of them make, but if I had to pick 1 it would be hightower. But gun to head, all 3 get cut. 

But why Hightower over the other 2? 

10 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

So right of the bat you went from 80 to 63. (but downundamyballz) said NOOOOOO CANT DO THAT YET. Clown show.

I'm saving WR for last... 

TE, Dick Rod and Togaia are out

OL -  Clark Anderson Awosika  out

LB - Davion Taylor

Safety - Tartt 

Thats 8...

My thoughts are now this... Covey and Allen get cut, Hightower stays but may get traded. 

Like I said, I think getting to that 55 number is fairly easy.

Actually, I think they probably go down to 50ish and then fight to see the last 3 spots

I didn't even include Hightower because I thought he was pretty much consensus no chance to make the 53 (although good chance at PS). So if you're keeping Hightower, you need to cut another.

So you think Sinnett makes the 53? Not impossible but I think more likely he's cut and goes to PS. Based on practice notes it sounded like he had a great preseason but the games were just so bad that I don't think there's much risk of other teams picking him up.

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

A fair argument as well. But I think out of Allen, Covey, Cain, and Ward that Allen has the most potential to not make it to the PS.

I will also say out loud I am very ageist (against players, not people in general) which sways a lot of my opinion 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He can speak for himself.  

The season prediction asks for total wins.  Not .5 wins.  That’s a weak cop out.  You can tell your buddy that.  Thanks for chiming in.  

I predict a 8.5-8.5 season for them! Any game could go either way!

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

But why Hightower over the other 2? 

Maybe Howie is scared to cut this dude.

BFF777C2-7A8C-4922-AB15-9E4815BF1D50.jpeg

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

Even GB isn't that well run. They've somewhat lucked into an unreal stretch of top tier QB play....but outside of the Favre/Rodgers era, they were pretty bad for a long time. 70/80s were not kind to them at all.

Even now, with Rodgers, they've kinda blown his career. I think with his talent, they should've been able to pull in at least 1 more Super Bowl. And maybe they still will before he retires. 

Meh... not on the same level as the other 3 teams. They've had plenty of chances. It's more so on the players not capitalizing on those opportunities. Against Seattle all you have to do is recover and offside kick, last year they were incapable of playing special teams

27 minutes ago, bbabraham said:

@Bacarty2

I'll make it easy for you. Cut 10 players. Most are fairly easy but hard to get them all correct. And I left a guy like Tartt on as an option because he might be cut - only to bring him back - so his salary isn't fully guaranteed.

QB – 3 – Hurts, Minshew, Sinnett
RB – 3 – Sanders, Gainwell, Scott
WR – 8 – Brown, Smith, Watkins, Pascal, Reagor, Allen, Covey, Cain
TE – 5 – Goedert, Stoll, Calcaterra, Togiai, Rodgers
OL – 12 – Mailata, Dickerson, Kelce, Seumalo, Johnson, Dillard, Jurgens, Opeta, Driscoll, Anderson, Awosika, Clark

DE – 4 – Sweat, Graham, Barnett, Jackson
DT – 5 – Cox, Hargrave, Davis, Williams, Tuipulotu
SAM – 3 – Reddick, P Johnson, K Johnson
LB – 5 – White, Edwards, Dean, Taylor, Bradley
SAF – 7 – Epps, Harris, Wallace, Chachere, Blankenship, Scott, Tartt
CB – 5 – Slay, Bradberry, Maddox, Jobe, McPhearson

ST – 3 – Lovato, Elliott, Siposs

I like your comment about Tartt.  I would add that Reagor, Dillard (for no less than a 2nd Round pick in 2023), and Harris are all actively on the trading block for me.

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I really dont think all 3 of them make, but if I had to pick 1 it would be hightower. But gun to head, all 3 get cut. 

End of the day, getting to 55 was easy, that was my point 

But why Hightower over Cain, Covey, Allen? All 3 of those guys have had better camps and showed flashes during the preseason. Hightower has shown nothing

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

I think they keep 3 this year, unsure why... 

I was thinking about this the other day. A lot of talk was about how Howie generally keeps 3 QB's on the roster, but I don't know how much water that argument holds. 2016 and a lot of 2017 was just 2 QB's. 2018 and 2019 was 3. I think the decision to keep 3 in 2020 and 2021 has a lot more to do with COVID than anything else. With the relaxed testing rules, it will be interesting to see how they go at it in 2022. Sinnett isn't a guy worth a spot, IMO.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

I dont feel like digging back but I think the Packers only had a top 10 defense twice, and 1 of the years he won the SB with them 

They've made it obvious over the past few drafts that defense is the priority 

18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't. He's a 28 year old rookie. And may want to keep up with his track career. I can see some teams being turned off by just those two things to poach him. 

I agree with your bolded statement, but all it takes is one team to claim him and he doesn't make it to our PS. 

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

Pure guess from  being in the offense last year. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but he's going into his 3rd season and hasn't shown anything to be worthy of the 53 man roster. Covey and Allen could contribute on ST and I like how Cain has played and could be a serviceable #5 wr

Just now, Godfather said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but he's going into his 3rd season and hasn't shown anything to be worthy of the 53 man roster. Covey and Allen could contribute on ST and I like how Cain has played and could be a serviceable #5 wr

We talking about Hurts or Hightower? 

Lot of Eagles love in the new Bill Simmons pod.  He had Warren Sharp, both like bets for Eagles as #1 seed and making the Super Bowl.  Sharp likes Eagles as best record in the league as well. 

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

We talking about Hurts or Hightower? 

Pick your poison lol

22 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Are we Taint that lick sheep?

Or sheep that lick Taint?

You’re a Mormon. Get back to spreading the good word and tell one of your wives to get you a soda

4 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I like your comment about Tartt.  I would add that Reagor, Dillard (for no less than a 2nd Round pick in 2023), and Harris are all actively on the trading block for me.

Ooh interesting 53 prediction. I personally think Tuipulotu is a lock and that Taylor and Wallace will make it. And I don't think there'd be any problems in trying to stash Cain on the practice squad. But we'll see. Nice to see a different approach.

9 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I dont feel like digging back but I think the Packers only had a top 10 defense twice, and 1 of the years he won the SB with them 

This is code for I am probably wrong, so I won't look up something so easy to find.

Top 10 in points 3 times, top 10 in yards 4 times

image.png.2993087c449ecbcef985f7706fc9faeb.png

17 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

.5 of a win or a loss?   Let me guess, you’re being intentionally obtuse again.  

No.  If they are 13-3 going into that last week, then they are more than likely going to be resting their starters, so who knows what may happen in that game.  That uncertainty makes it a tossup ... so I treated it the same way a Tie would be treated.

Thank you for the interesting question.

Eagles favored by 3.5 on the road versus Detroit Lions with a 48.5 over/under.

Go, Birds!

Prediction: Eagles win 26 - 22.5

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Lot of Eagles love in the new Bill Simmons pod.  He had Warren Sharp, both like bets for Eagles as #1 seed and making the Super Bowl.  Sharp likes Eagles as best record in the league as well. 

I would be wiling to bet none of those things happen.  

Archived