EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

36 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d have to go watch the replay of that. Felt like they ran a drag route across the field with him. Then again it was the far side of the field from where i was. 

play I’m talking about looks more like a go in motion drag. slant I want is brown runs a yard and a half vertical and slants going into the end zone. not running him across the field where he’s running horizontally across at the 4

I am not sure why Hurts threw it to Watkins.  It seems like the better choice would have been Brown.  I am guessing the route concept had something to do with the Eagles expecting pressure and Hurts having to move away from it.  So it gave him 3 targets on one side.  I am not a big fan of the play call but maybe they score if Hurts gets it to Brown instead of Watkins.  It's not like he would have walked in with it but I think he would have been difficult for them to stop.  There's no real explanation for throwing it to Watkins unless he didn't think the DB covering Goedert was in zone.  It was a bad decision by Hurts to make that throw more than a bad play call.  

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Yeah, if you can’t pass over/around the blitz, running through a shallow front isn’t a bad call. I think the blitz wasn’t good for our bread and butter RO and the more conventional runs weren’t success early (2.5 yds/c?) w/o our maulers. Would’ve liked to see Sermon, but not a big deal.

Opeta is a much better run blocker than pass blocker. 

40 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Do you think they have audibles that can be called to have plays against the blitz, or does the coaching staff not trust him with that ??

AJ Brown on a slant would wreck blitzes.

Good question. I’m sure they do. Goedert’s third down catch on the final drive was called by Hurts at the line. 

36 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

They gutted out a win on the road against a talented team while battling OL injuries, PERIOD.

These expectations of blowing out every opponent are ridiculous.

😂😂😂😂

people ****ing at 5-0, only here does that happen. 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/carolina-panthers

CMC makes a ton of sense. Carolina will want to move on from him. He solves our PR and Kenny Gainwell problems. We can also spell Sanders effectively. Miles shouldn't be getting a 75% snap share.

In a smaller move, I'd go after Matt Ioannidis to help out the iDL rotation. Let him play strong-side end.

12 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

You saw more of the secondary than we would on TV.  I suspect when I see it on the All22, I will see Baker shaded his way.

For the game they definitely began doing that. On the third and goal i just remember he ran across the field on what looked like a motion drag which i really didn’t love calling that route with him in that situation. Watching the replay now of the 3rd and goal, brown had one on one coverage from the start. When he went in motion the corner and safety switched assignments. With how far off the corner was to brown at the start a wr bubble or slant would’ve very likely been catch as the corner was in the end zone and his back foot a good yard from the goaline. 

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

CMC makes a ton of sense. Carolina will want to move on from him. He solves our PR and Kenny Gainwell problems. We can also spell Sanders effectively. Miles shouldn't be getting a 75% snap share.

In a smaller move, I'd go after Matt Ioannidis to help out the iDL rotation. Let him play strong-side end.

Like cmc but he rarely stays healthy anymore and that contract going forward is something I’d rather stay away from with some other guys we may have to pay still

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

For which players, Jay?  They aren’t 1-4 just because of the HC.

Terrace Marshall Jr. was someone coming out of college that got talked alot about. He hasn't done much with Carolina. Maybe could be had for the cheap. Back end roster WR.

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I’ll take on Brian burns please! Lol 

14 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Opeta is a much better run blocker than pass blocker. 

I believe the holding call on him was a bit dubious as well - but he’s not Dickerson.

8 minutes ago, RLC said:

I am not sure where CMC would fit in this offense.  Touches have been dominated by Brown, Smith and Goedert in the passing game.  Sanders has been the primary back and it's not close. He has 87 carries compared to 30 for Scott, Gainwell and Sermon combined.  CMC hasn't returned a punt since 2017.  So you are talking about insurance for Sanders and some sort of manufactured role that's in place of touches for Smith, Brown and Goedert.  I don't see that as a need.  

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

They have a few on defense that would be good. 

Contract aside, would you trade the Eagles own 1st RD pick for Brian Burns? Versus drafting a DE with that pick.

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Ever since he started using that song their fans never got in to it.  I never saw one video of him running on to the field where the fans were engaged.  

100% agreed.

At CBP in 2008, when Lidge would jog out out to "Soldiers" by Drowning Pool...or maybe even more so in 2009 when he switched to "No More Sorrow" by Linkin Park (better song IMO, especially the intro)...that stadium would absolutely be ROCKING.

13 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

My 11 year old son yesterday said DeVonta may be the toughest guy on the team pound for pound. I really couldn't argue with him.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

Fine. I'll say it. I think we lose to the Cowboys.

Part of me thinks that. But then another thinks the eagles know they haven’t played their best the past two weeks and will be juiced up for the snf. I’m surprised we aren’t doing a blackout with the new black helmets for this game. 

28 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Not a great decision to keep the ball on that RPO.  Sanders would have had a big gain. 

Archived