Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Featured Replies

15 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Ignore my post from yesterday regarding Dewand Jones.  Guy has a purse at practice making JJAW's umbrella seem not so bad now.

 

A Murse? :lol:

  • Replies 37.4k
  • Views 1.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Flights booked. Hotel booked. Will work on tickets this week. Gonna surprise the old man and show up to take him next Sunday. 

  • FranklinFldEBUpper
    FranklinFldEBUpper

    Getting ready to walk out the door to head to the stadium. Same thing I said five years ago....when I get home, I'm either going to be really depressed or extremely jubilant. Later gents.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Ignore my post from yesterday regarding Dewand Jones.  Guy has a purse at practice making JJAW's umbrella seem not so bad now.

 

Yeah, you go tell him it's a purse in person.  

It's a full size briefcase but it just looks small on his body.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How high is too high to draft a QB?  2nd round?   Don’t trust Minshew or Book.  Hurts, like Wentz, gets hurt a lot.  And QB factory.  I’d go 2nd round or the 2nd 1st round pick.  

Herndon Hooker would be my first target, but not sure he makes it to the end of round 3, so would need to trade up, or acquire a 3rd in a trade back from 10.

Jaren Hall in the later rounds, but he will need some work.  Same with Max Duggan.

Clayton Tune is an interesting guy, has NFL size, has a big time arm, and can run enough.

Dorian Thompson-Robinson at the end of the draft is also an option.

51 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He was driving in his car just outside of Wells Fargo Center, he lowered his window and said "We are gonna F'ing gut these guys" then rolled up his window and drove away.

 

Who was taking cell phone video and why?  How did they know it was his car?  

Its cool not like the Chiefs will hear about this or not.  Good joke though

2 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

A Murse? :lol:

It's European!

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Alright...I'm going to talk offseason in a week leading up to the freaking Super Bowl.  But that's what I love scheming over. 

Let's say the Eagles win.  Kelce is probably gone.  BG would be a retirement risk.  Lane, Cox, and Suh probably still want to play.    

3 players of ours scare me...Hargrave, Bradberry, and Sanders.  2 guys over 30 who just had career years and a RB who just had a career year.  Let them go get a combined $50m per year elsewhere and devour those comp picks.  

CJGJ...25 years old after a career year...he stays.

Channel all the Hargrave/Bradberry/Sanders money (and defer the Hurts extension money) into 1 player...Daron Payne.  Instead of putting so much money into retaining aging players that may not repeat 2022, condense it into a younger player who will actually upgrade a position.  Payne/Williams/Davis could be incredible.  Then spend the draft getting premium talent as the positions with departures.  Even if it takes them a year to acclimate, I'd rather dip back a bit in 2023 (likely anyway) and be locked and loaded the following year than end up screwed long term with the over 30 extensions.

I'm with you, I love thinking up different offseason scenarios.  

BG has said he wants to keep playing and I'm not sure what the market is going to be for him.  I would 100% consider bringing him back at a team friendly 1-year deal.

Kelce, I'm thinking hangs them up.

After looking up salaries the other day, I really think Slay gets moved and Bradberry comes back with the money saved from Slay being gone. He'll be 32 next year, the last year of his deal before his void years and his cap hit next year is $26 million.  I can't see them extending him so I think they trade him for a mid-round pick.  Bradberry will be 30 and you can allocate money to him on a 3-year deal.

CGJ is the priority. 

Sanders can walk.  Hargrave can walk.  Darron Payne would be incredible.  Weaken a rival and build a strong, young DL.  

43 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He clearly wasn't around when the Dream Team was assembled. Dogs are dogs, but to get them to hunt efficiently they have to be guided.

If this is the last game of Cox, Graham, Kelce, etc. in an Eagles uniform we should appreciate/enjoy them while we can. They are Ring of Honor guys who deserve to be celebrated.

39 minutes ago, Griffins22 said:

Sorry, haven't seen this. Could you post the video?

Why is everyone just making jokes about this when our dumbarse DC just said hes going to "f'ing gut" the Chiefs on camera right before the SB?

If a player did this we'd wreck him.  This is cool and all for about 5 seconds, until you realize it's really dumb to open your mouth about Mahomes and Reid. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It was before the NFCCG. I can see how that detail was lost, it was only posted 10 times in here.  

Ah ok got it.  Ill try to monitor the EMB 24/7 from now on.

3 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Why is everyone just making jokes about this when our dumbarse DC just said hes going to "f'ing gut" the Chiefs on camera right before the SB?

If a player did this we'd wreck him.  This is cool and all for about 5 seconds, until you realize it's really dumb to open your mouth about Mahomes and Reid. 

I may be mistaken, but I thought this was from last week before the 9ers game.

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Herndon Hooker would be my first target, but not sure he makes it to the end of round 3, so would need to trade up, or acquire a 3rd in a trade back from 10.

Jaren Hall in the later rounds, but he will need some work.  Same with Max Duggan.

Clayton Tune is an interesting guy, has NFL size, has a big time arm, and can run enough.

Dorian Thompson-Robinson at the end of the draft is also an option.

At least two of those may end up being UDFAs

Just now, downundermike said:

I may be mistaken, but I thought this was from last week before the 9ers game.

Youre correct, it is, I see that now.  I just didnt understand why people would be posting it like 10 times today but I obviously missed the inside joke

2 minutes ago, mattwill said:

He clearly wasn't around when the Dream Team was assembled. Dogs are dogs, but to get them to hunt efficiently they have to be guided.

Train em and turn em loose. They know their job instinctively.

You know what the Hooker said, " Let go of my ears, I know what I'm doing...":whistle: :lol:

1 minute ago, Mike31mt said:

Youre correct, it is, I see that now.  I just didnt understand why people would be posting it like 10 times today but I obviously missed the inside joke

It's okay. Slow day, you got caught up, now moving forward. 

It's funny tho, huh? :P

1 hour ago, Doc S. said:

If you like him and want him on the Eagles, you're eventually gonna have to learn how to spell his name...:P

Since when has that been a rule... We still have people who don't know how to spell "Laurie", "Samuels", "Paschal" and a host of others.

5 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Train em and turn em loose. They know their job instinctively.

You know what the Hooker said, " Let go of my ears, I know what I'm doing...":whistle: :lol:

 

Nervous Animated GIF

6 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Youre correct, it is, I see that now.  I just didnt understand why people would be posting it like 10 times today but I obviously missed the inside joke

It's a compilation actually. He does it before every game as tradition. 

19 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Lots to unpack. Refs are aided by the guys in New York to decipher an on field call. That's who they're on the headset with while reviewing a play. Granted, I don't want them deciding a game, either. Just get the call right, correct if need be.

Jumbotron should not be the proximate evidence for a Head Coach's decisions, doesn't he have people upstairs to advise on that?

The move by the Eagles to get to the line and snap the ball was a product of good coaching, Rcvr giving two fists to the sidelines, hurry-up set and snap...Shanahan WAS limited in his time to make a choice...But, No Balls Kyle...that's why he is reacquainting himself with his couch...

I don't put the play outcome on the refs so much, I just picture New York sitting around saying " Let's see if he challenges this, he should..." without input to the field. Some key plays turn on what the Coaches think they see...Kyle lost that one, big time.

There's a difference with getting the rules right (there are some wacky things that can happen... like that dropped snap that was kicked by the Giants a few weeks ago... and NY overturning a call on the field.  That's not their job.  And they should only chime in while the officials are already in a conference on the field, not interrupt play to change things.  

 

I will say that when you say that the 'refs blew it', it sure sounds like you are blaming the refs.  But, the way I see it, they did the best they could and then it falls on Shanny to gamble for his team's benefit.  He knew enough to make a decision and being as conservative as he always is... he lost.   He knew it must have been close enough in the mind of Smith to think that a review was possible with the way he got up and immediately signaled to his team.  He knew it was 4th down and that an incompletion is a change of possession and puts his team in good field position and stops the initial wave from the Eagles.  And he knew that a completion there puts the Eagles in first and goal.  There was a lot of reward and very little risk to throw the flag on that play.  But he's gutless, and that's why he's never won a Super Bowl.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Since when has that been a rule... We still have people who don't know how to spell "Laurie", "Samuels", "Paschal" and a host of others.

Jordan Mylar?...B-)

Spell check doesn't seem to work on Proper names...Keyboard/OS fail .

Ahma have to send a strongly worded email to Bill Gates... I mean, really, WTF??  ..:angel

19 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Who was taking cell phone video and why?  How did they know it was his car?  

Its cool not like the Chiefs will hear about this or not.  Good joke though

What does that have to do with anything if it occurred before the 49ers game?

34 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

 

He's got a point

7 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

 

Nervous Animated GIF

Try again...

17 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Ah ok got it.  Ill try to monitor the EMB 24/7 from now on.

It said it right on the TWEET.  Nothing to do with reading the EMB.  It's about reading the tweet for the context.  

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.