EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

17 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

I dont care who it is or where they work, they can make mistakes all the same.  Ignoring a meniscus could lead to him not being able to walk at all. I have no idea where this take is coming from but its dumb 

Do you actually know what a meniscus is?  Without googling it?

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

That would be fine if they didn't need a CB, RT, G, two LB, 3 DT, RB, and maybe a safety. They had the most sacks in the league and not one of them was a top 5 pick. They need playmakers, but they need players to field a team, especially after Hurts gets extended. You trade back if anything.

Hurts extension won’t impact 2022 much. He’ll be on his rookie deal with a prorated signing bonus bump. I’d be shocked if it was even a 10m$ cap hit in total.

I think we’re gonna fix most of those issues in FA, whether it’s re-signing players or Howie loads up again. Rework 3-4 guys and suddenly we have 30m$+ extra money

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

It's the way water cups when placed inside a graduated cylinder.  You are supposed to measure the water at the bottom of the meniscus.  

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Do you actually know what a meniscus is?  

I do, it's that frisbee shaped object that they throw in the Olympics... the Meniscus Throw. Right? :huh: 

image.png

If anyone has a kid that breaks a bone playing junior sports, goes to ER to have it dealt with, and gets called by a collection agency for a payment plan of their $5k debt, remember to thank Maragos for the small roll he played in your debt.  If his new yacht has satellite, you might be able to reach him.

The biggest positive for the Eagles going forward is we have the best QB in the NFC. Last time we could say that is with McNabb and the Eagles went to 5 NFCCG's with him.

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

I think the slick turf made it hard to stop and go so they were slower to react.

That's what I'm actually wondering about more than the Bradberry call. Would this game have been different if the field was a normal field and not so slippery?

We'll never know, and I hate lamenting what if's.

Another sucky long term outcome of the turf last night is that the you can the NFL take a good long look at this.  I'm a natural grass guy.  I hate field turf.  The game should be played on grass.  However, the NFL might look at this and say they want the exact same playing surface on every field.  Could very well be the end of natural grass in the NFL.  At the very least, they might say if you want to be a SB host, you have to have field turf.  

The only roadblock for the NFL is that a lot of players complained all year about field turf and wanted real grass.  

The fact that this grass was grown especially for the SB and took 2 years with that as a result is embarrassing. I don't think a single athlete in cleats stepped on that field until last night.  I also pointed out and @Utebird has shared his thoughts that the paint on the field is just too much.  At least half the field was covered in paint.  

The NFL needs to simplify the Super Bowl logo and let them be creative and unique again.  Make them be a certain size and put them at the 50 yard line.  Put small NFL shields at the 30 and call it a day.  Never going to happen but it'w what should happen. 

43 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Eye opening stat.

Chiefs- 23 carries for 156 yards 6.8 ypc

Eagles- 17 carries for 45 yards 2.7 ypc

I never would have guessed that would be the stats for the running backs going in to this game.  

This is why we need a new #1 RB. Sanders is just done here. They didn't stick with the run in the second half but I think losing confidence in Sanders had a lot to do with it. Apparently he had a hand injury but I didn't read much about that. Scott had that amazing run and never saw the ball again. Gainwell disappeared as well. 

12 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

If Cousins were the QB we would have actually cared about their run game. 

Fair point

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

The biggest positive for the Eagles going forward is we have the best QB in the NFC. Last time we could say that is with McNabb and the Eagles went to 5 NFCCG's with him.

Kurt Warner and Drew Brees might disagree with that assessment.

3 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Another sucky long term outcome of the turf last night is that the you can the NFL take a good long look at this.  I'm a natural grass guy.  I hate field turf.  The game should be played on grass.  However, the NFL might look at this and say they want the exact same playing surface on every field.  Could very well be the end of natural grass in the NFL.  At the very least, they might say if you want to be a SB host, you have to have field turf.  

The only roadblock for the NFL is that a lot of players complained all year about field turf and wanted real grass.  

The fact that this grass was grown especially for the SB and took 2 years with that as a result is embarrassing. I don't think a single athlete in cleats stepped on that field until last night.  I also pointed out and @Utebird has shared his thoughts that the paint on the field is just too much.  At least half the field was covered in paint.  

The NFL needs to simplify the Super Bowl logo and let them be creative and unique again.  Make them be a certain size and put them at the 50 yard line.  Put small NFL shields at the 30 and call it a day.  Never going to happen but it'w what should happen. 

This is the big take away... everything else is meaningless.  The turf growers should be sued for the money they got for that garbage.

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

This is the big take away... everything else is meaningless.  The turf growers should be sued for the money they got for that garbage.

It was like a weather event without the weather. "rain, frozen field, etc, should negate some of the Eagles pass rush, etc." Both teams played on it but it affected an advantage the Eagles had more than anything analogous for the Chiefs. That said, no need to go forty whiner on it (not saying you are doing this), Gannon should have adjusted his play calling as soon as it was clear that no one was going to get home from the outside

51 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Eye opening stat.

Chiefs- 23 carries for 156 yards 6.8 ypc

Eagles- 17 carries for 45 yards 2.7 ypc

I never would have guessed that would be the stats for the running backs going in to this game.  

Unbelievable.  How do you get ONE incompletion, no hits, no sacks, no stops on 3rd, let Mahomes run 2x on you and let them run on you too?  I mean seriously?  WTF?

The refs literally just put their stamp on the outcome of the game and gave us no chance on a BS call and you fans are already ready to get your energy harvested again next year 

The games are not a legit product, don’t have to quit cold Turkey but try to do something more productive with your time 

All love here just some tough advice 

7 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

It was like a weather event without the weather. "rain, frozen field, etc, should negate some of the Eagles pass rush, etc." Both teams played on it but it affected an advantage the Eagles had more than anything analogous for the Chiefs. That said, no need to go forty whiner on it (not saying you are doing this), Gannon should have adjusted his play calling as soon as it was clear that no one was going to get home from the outside

What bothers me is that we didn't get to see what the Super Bowl is designed to be... a game where field and weather conditions don't impact the game.  The turf absolutely affected the game.

25 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I know youre supposed to have a couple

2 minutes ago, Peacekeeper said:

The refs literally just put their stamp on the outcome of the game and gave us no chance on a BS call and you fans are already ready to get your energy harvested again next year 

The games are not a legit product, don’t have to quit cold Turkey but try to do something more productive with your time 

So much irony.  If that's how you feel, there's no point in you posting here anymore.  Go find a new hobby for yourself and take your free advice elsewhere.  But be careful, those black helicopters are everywhere.

18 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Hurts extension won’t impact 2022 much. He’ll be on his rookie deal with a prorated signing bonus bump. I’d be shocked if it was even a 10m$ cap hit in total.

I think we’re gonna fix most of those issues in FA, whether it’s re-signing players or Howie loads up again. Rework 3-4 guys and suddenly we have 30m$+ extra money

2023 you mean? I'm pretty sure they'd want to use some of the massive hit next year as well to help spread it out, but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Mike31mt said:

Hazelton is take-locked into thinning Sanders is better than Gainwell, so he'll use every opportunity to downplay Gainwell and compliment Sanders

Of course, any rational human being can now see that Gainwell is clearly better 

Thats not true. I dont ever compare the 2. I definitely never say one did this so hes better than the other. Thats something youve made up in your head because your feel your opinion is threatened I guess. I dont know where you got it from. Stop with the nonsense.

Also, youre wrong. And you are horrible at evaluating RBs. The last guy you were locked on was Smallwood. And he sucked too.

3 minutes ago, Peacekeeper said:

A friend of mine quit watching sports about 25 years ago. He said it's not worth the emotional investment in something where there's a super small % of the chance you win anything in the end, and 99% of everyone else experiences heartbreak. So he just stopped watching sports completely.

This year I convinced him partly through the Eagles season to start watching the Eagles again. He started and got somewhat into it. Not hardcore, but he'd catch some of the games. After last night, that was the end of that experiment. He's back out.

25 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I wouldn’t rest on those thoughts. Who is best can change very quickly as we can tell in Jalen’s case. There are other QBs in the NFC that can have phenomenal years.

Then there’s Justin Fields. I see him as a more physically talented version of Jalen if he ever puts it all together and they provide him the right weapon.

Again, nothing is guaranteed except for last night’s opportunity and we blew it.

10 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

A friend of mine quit watching sports about 25 years ago. He said it's not worth the emotional investment in something where there's a super small % of the chance you win anything in the end, and 99% of everyone else experiences heartbreak. So he just stopped watching sports completely.

This year I convinced him partly through the Eagles season to start watching the Eagles again. He started and got somewhat into it. Not hardcore, but he'd catch some of the games. After last night, that was the end of that experiment. He's back out.

:furious:
Why would you do that? Anyone that can escape from this hell that is being a fan of this franchise should be celebrated instead of sucked back in. I know I wish I could escape but I can’t.

You screwed him:sad:

Archived