EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, shlo said:

How? With about 12 free agents and a big contract to Hurts... gotta think this next year is a reset and down year with a reload for 2024/2025. 

Technically it’s 20 free agents. Gotta finally pay the big bucks to Rick lovato 

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sixers are trying really hard to make me forget about the eagles losing yesterday by losing to the lowly rockets. 

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Brady threw for 505 yards 

spacer.png

Amazing how one person can say Aaron Rodgers shredded us this year when he threw for 140 yards 2tds and 2 INT’s and now Brady struggled while setting the record for most yards in a SB, and never had to punt once. Love it. 

6 minutes ago, shlo said:

How? With about 12 free agents and a big contract to Hurts... gotta think this next year is a reset and down year with a reload for 2024/2025. 

We’re not sitting out the player-acquisition game after a Super Bowl appearance. Howie will figure out some band-aids and add guys in wave three of FA, send a pick for a player still on a rookie deal, something. We’re not starting the likes of Derek Barnett and Davion Taylor. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Amazing how one person can say Aaron Rodgers shredded us this year when he threw for 140 yards 2tds and 2 INT’s and now Brady struggled while setting the record for most yards in a SB, and never had to punt once. Love it. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

We’re not sitting out the player-acquisition game after a Super Bowl appearance. Howie will figure out some band-aids and add guys in wave three of FA, send a pick for a player still on a rookie deal, something. We’re not starting the likes of Derek Barnett and Davion Taylor. 

Don't be so sure about that.  Barnett was being counted on this year and Taylor started last year.  NOT saying I want this but you trying to have a completely open outlook on what could potentially happen.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I dislike Barnett but i give him credit one thing he does well is run stopping. Granted you also get at least 15 yard like every 3 games for something dumb. I feel like his injury likely cost them a 4th rounder as they went after Quinn to replace him. Literally quinn did nothing for the eagles his entire tenure.  

I don't think Howie is going to let Hargrave go. I know he'll be expensive, but Howie highly values DT. And with Cox likely gone and Davis disappointing, I can't see him letting him go. What else would they have there? I think letting Bradberry go is more likely since they'll likely have their pick of CBs at the 10th pick.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

We’re in a win-now window, even if we need some heavy retooling on defense. There’s no way Howie is going to let the defense erode to nothing. He’ll find some money. 

We are not going to lose that much.

There is enough money to keep Gardner-Johnson and Bradberry.

Epps can be replaced with Blankenship without losing much, if anything.

Edwards or White can be replaced with Dean. The other will be cheap to retain.

In this scenario- Hargrave leaves. IF we can hit on a DT in the first 2 rounds, we are pretty much right back where we were we started. Pretty close anyway....

Just now, 315Eagles said:

Didn't the players test out the field before the game?  Nobody noticed it was slippery while doing drills or warmups.

I didn’t see Rhiannas dancers slip 

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Don't be so sure about that.  Barnett was being counted on this year and Taylor started last year.  NOT saying I want this but you trying to have a completely open outlook on what could potentially happen.

Barnett was brought back as depth. Taylor started and was terrible, got cut, passed through waivers and sat on the PS. 

Howie is aggressive and we’re in a different place than where we were in 2021, when we basically had to sit out FA after a bad season. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Cardinals supposedly making a decision tomorrow for their HC opening 

I know it’s out that the cardinals are down to the two DCs but from what i was told Kafka withdrew and soured on the job when the cardinals decided to interview Gannon and prolong the search. Not the cards didn’t want him him like they put out there. 

18 minutes ago, shlo said:

This isn't the time to reset and reload.  At least not on offense. You have an elite offensive unit that is almost entirely locked up. Gotta figure out the Kelce and Seumalo situation and the RB group will look different I would assume but beyond that we are getting everyone back there. 

Defense is still going through a rebuild and will look very different next year.  I'd imagine we will see more of what we usually see on defense from Howie including this past year and that's a lot of mostly inexpensive one year deals. 

How that defense with a lot of new faces ends up looking next season will be a major factor on if we can make a run again or not. 

1 minute ago, Sack that QB said:

Albert Breer says Gannon the frontrunner.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Barnett was brought back as depth. Taylor started and was terrible, got cut, passed through waivers and sat on the PS. 

Howie is aggressive and we’re in a different place than where we were in 2021, when we basically had to sit out FA after a bad season. 

Not arguing with either of those points.  I'm looking at this roster and how to move forward.  The Eagles have to  be smart and not tie themselves to an aging veteran even if that veteran is a guy like Hargrave or Bradberry.  They might need stop gap players and those players could be on the team.  I don't want Barnett or Taylor but they are here, they are bottom of the barrell cheap and like it or not, both have shown potential and were high draft picks.  

You also have to think that Howie would LOVE the vindication if either of those two players were remotely successful at some point.

Not only do the Eagles have to pay Hurts but they are going to have to be prepared to re-up Mailata, Dickerson and DeVonta sooner than later so they need to be very very smart with their money. 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I dislike Barnett but i give him credit one thing he does well is run stopping. Granted you also get at least 15 yard like every 3 games for something dumb. I feel like his injury likely cost them a 4th rounder as they went after Quinn to replace him. Literally quinn did nothing for the eagles his entire tenure.  

Maybe he should add about 40-50 pounds and play DT then.  Because he sucks as an end.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

We are not going to lose that much.

There is enough money to keep Gardner-Johnson and Bradberry.

Epps can be replaced with Blankenship without losing much, if anything.

Edwards or White can be replaced with Dean. The other will be cheap to retain.

In this scenario- Hargrave leaves. IF we can hit on a DT in the first 2 rounds, we are pretty much right back where we were we started. Pretty close anyway....

I would let Bradberry walk. Thanks for a great year, but he’s at the age cliff. I’d probably let Hargrave walk too for the same reasons. Re-sign CJGJ and Graham (if he’ll take a cheaper hometown deal). I’m not ready to count on Blankenship yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Eagles go cheap and start him. We’ll need a linebacker if Edwards and White leave, but at least Dean is waiting in the wings. We play enough 5-1 that we don’t need to invest too heavily. 

The draft will fill some of those holes with talent, although who k owns if they’ll be ready to play.

4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

What are the chances Barnett starts week 1? I’m saying at least 50/50 

How? Over Sweat?

Just now, schuy7 said:

How? Over Sweat?

I guess theoretically with a 5-1 he’d be a DE opposite Sweat with Reddick as the Sam. 

Archived