EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Maybe he should add about 40-50 pounds and play DT then.  Because he sucks as an end.

Sucks as a pass rusher and he’s a dope with penalties. He’s actually solid vs. the run. It’s the one thing he has going for him. 

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Sucks as a pass rusher and he’s a dope with penalties. He’s actually solid vs. the run. It’s the one thing he has going for him. 

Which is nice 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Which is nice 

I hate myself for saying it but with some of the eagles run defense struggles he likely helps more than what Robert Quinn did this year. 

13 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I’m talking in a traditional 4-3. 

We play a 3-4... and most of our 5 man fronts don't include three DE/OLBs. It's usually Sweat-Hargrave-Joseph-Cox-Reddick.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm guessing Barnett plays like 30% of the snaps next year.

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Albert Breer says Gannon the frontrunner.

Good F AZ and that field and F Gannon. Get the hell out. 

52 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

i understand the hate for gannon but i really believe that our inexperience players on d was the reason why were struggling, especially the middle our linebackers cant make plays, epps getting torched. i really think if we had another experienced safety and two linebackers, i think it would have been a different outcome. the 2017 roster was deep on d especially with experienced players, that's why brady was struggling in that sb, if it was this roster, we probably would have never won that sb.

Brady struggled in that Super Bowl the same way Mark Cuban struggles to pay for groceries 

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I would let Bradberry walk. Thanks for a great year, but he’s at the age cliff. I’d probably let Hargrave walk too for the same reasons. Re-sign CJGJ and Graham (if he’ll take a cheaper hometown deal). I’m not ready to count on Blankenship yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Eagles go cheap and start him. We’ll need a linebacker if Edwards and White leave, but at least Dean is waiting in the wings. We play enough 5-1 that we don’t need to invest too heavily. 

The draft will fill some of those holes with talented. 

I know we have a lot of free agents. And not a lot of money. But I think we will hand on to more of them than people expect. Not sure a bunch of them will find big money deals elsewhere. A few of them may decide to stay here for just a bit less. 

so the eagles have faced mahomes twice in his career (2021 and SB) , mahomes for his career the highest EPA per dropback is vs. eagles. 

20 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Maybe we can trade him, I completely forgot he was still here when the new league starts. 

1 hour ago, shlo said:

Neither of these scenarios is appealing to me. Eagles have a 10 or more holes to fill. Not about moving up. But definitely not for drafting a RB in the top 10. When is the last time that worked out? Look at the leading rushers for the last 20 super bowl winners. It's always low paid guys. 

I wasn’t actually suggesting Robinson as high as #10; just that I have no interest in the price for a trade up on a DT.  Look what Jordan Davis cost to move up two spots last year 

3 minutes ago, Thrive said:

This just makes me angrier. We wasted this effort. F!

Hurts was great in this game. Gives me all kinds of hope for the future.

Gannon has played well against one upper echelon QB in two seasons in Kirk Cousins.

I don't know if I'd call Gannon bad, but I think at this point there's just too many signs and concerns through two seasons against better competition.

This is a defense that had tons of talent and they couldn't get one single stop in the 2nd half against Mahomes. I know it's Mahomes and Reid, I don't care. That isn't acceptable. The Bengals got some stops.

Btw I think it's funny that I've heard a lot of the people who during the last 2 weeks said the key to the game is getting pressure on Mahomes, are also saying today "When Mahomes is rolling, you just can't stop him, so you need to outscore them and the Eagles gave up chances on offense by punting and the fumble."

So that's where we are now? It's acceptable to not get one stop in the entire 2nd half?

How many of these same people would've still picked the Eagles last week if I told them the Eagles defense doesn't get one 2nd half stop. My guess is none of them. But today a lot of people giving Gannon and pass and giving blame to Sirianni for punting and Hurts for the fumble.

11 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Maybe we can trade him, I completely forgot he was still here when the new league starts. 

Are we trading him to the USFL or xfl cause that’s the only league where anyone would want him.  

4 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Gannon has played well against one upper echelon QB in two seasons in Kirk Cousins.

I don't know if I'd call Gannon bad, but I think at this point there's just too many signs and concerns through two seasons against better competition.

This is a defense that had tons of talent and they couldn't get one single stop in the 2nd half against Mahomes. I know it's Mahomes and Reid, I don't care. That isn't acceptable. The Bengals got some stops.

Btw I think it's funny that I've heard a lot of the people who during the last 2 weeks said the key to the game is getting pressure on Mahomes, are also saying today "When Mahomes is rolling, you just can't stop him, so you need to outscore them and the Eagles gave up chances on offense by punting and the fumble."

So that's where we are now? It's acceptable to not get one stop in the entire 2nd half?

How many of these same people would've still picked the Eagles last week if I told them the Eagles defense doesn't get one 2nd half stop. My guess is none of them. But today a lot of people giving Gannon and pass and giving blame to Sirianni for punting and Hurts for the fumble.

It's one thing to not get a stop vs them, and it's a whole other thing to have multiple scores of players just walking in alone in the 4th quarter. It was embarrassing.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

It's one thing to not get a stop vs them, and it's a whole other thing to have multiple scores of players just walking in alone in the 4th quarter. It was embarrassing.

Someone posted the metrics of tight window throws between Mahomes and Hurts last night and it was a joke the difference between the two. I wish I could find it.

21 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

so the eagles have faced mahomes twice in his career (2021 and SB) , mahomes for his career the highest EPA per dropback is vs. eagles. 

Great, they have him next season in KC, so the NFL will make that the first Monday night. 

9 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Gannon’s issue has always been giving up perfect games to good quarterbacks. If they hold Mahomes to a great game in the second half yesterday, they win that game. But he let him be perfect. It was the same thing with Dak in the second Dallas game where he was like 20/20 against zone defense. Same with Carr, Herbert, Mahomes, and Brady 2x last season. All of those guys had like an 80% completion percentage. They were perfect. You’re not going to shut down great quarterbacks in an offensive-favored league. But you can hold them to just good games instead of making it look like a 7v7 drill. 

15 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Someone posted the metrics of tight window throws between Mahomes and Hurts last night and it was a joke the difference between the two. I wish I could find it.

Jalen had to be pretty much pinpoint the entire night. Mahomes could've got half of his completions blindfolded.

22 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Are we trading him to the USFL or xfl cause that’s the only league where anyone would want him.  

I mean I'd trade him for another player on a similar contract and similar disappointment on the field. I just really don't want to see him back at all. I'm reading there is an out after the first year though I just don't know what the ramifications are. 

Archived