EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

35 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Yup, we can't keep relying on Graham to continue his output at 35 years old. I'm assuming he comes back for 1 more year and Cox is probably gone this off-season. You're looking at only Sweat/Reddick at DE and Davis/Hargrave/Williams at DT in the future. We need to fill out the DL with talent or at least a blue chip prospect would go a long way.

I don't like relying on Graham either, but I like it better than relying on Josiah Scott and K'von Wallace.

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I'm not on the Jordan Davis is a bust train.  I'm on the "call it like it is and say that he had a lousy rookie year" train.  Plenty of opportunity to change course, but no need to lie to ourselves about it.

2 games from now, our OL and secondary will likely be liabilities.  2 years from now, we have no one under contract in the entire secondary.  Isn't that worse than the DL situation?

Maybe.  But the menu of solutions for the DL are more first-round-draft-pick centric than the secondary.

That said, it all depends on where the Saints' pick ends up and how the board lays out.  Horn and Surtain went 8 & 9 in 2021.  That may be a sweet spot for a premier CB.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Maybe.  But the menu of solutions for the DL are more first-round-draft-pick centric than the secondary.

That said, it all depends on where the Saints' pick ends up and how the board lays out.  Horn and Surtain went 8 & 9 in 2021.  That may be a sweet spot for a premier CB.

I'd never suggest drafting a CB in round 1 if there were a more talented edge rusher available.  But all things being equal, I'd take the CB.  

When Slay and Bradberry were locking guys down, the defense was a nightmare to the opposition.  When Reddick and Sweat were absolutely teeing off from the edge on Saturday, the Cowboys still put up a 40 burger.

I'm not sure what was expected from Jordan Davis this season, but the snap counts dictates that the Eagles see him as a rookie DT who is down the depth chart on the DL rotation:

Snap Counts  
  Off. Def. ST Fantasy
Rk G# Date Tm   Opp Result Pos Num Pct Num Pct Num Pct FantPt DKPt FDPt
    Total           0   198   64  
1 1 2022-09-11 PHI @ DET W 38-35 DT 0 0.0% 22 31.9% 5 16.1%      
2 2 2022-09-19 PHI   MIN W 24-7 DT 0 0.0% 21 34.4% 1 4.8%      
3 3 2022-09-25 PHI @ WAS W 24-8 DT 0 0.0% 24 31.2% 1 3.8%      
4 4 2022-10-02 PHI   JAX W 29-21 DT 0 0.0% 17 36.2% 8 33.3%      
5 5 2022-10-09 PHI @ ARI W 20-17 DT 0 0.0% 29 42.0% 8 32.0%      
6 6 2022-10-16 PHI   DAL W 26-17 DT 0 0.0% 22 32.8% 8 33.3%      
7 7 2022-10-30 PHI   PIT W 35-13 DT 0 0.0% 19 25.0% 4 14.8%      
8 12 2022-12-04 PHI   TEN W 35-10 DT 0 0.0% 6 10.9% 7 24.1%      
9 13 2022-12-11 PHI @ NYG W 48-22 DT 0 0.0% 15 23.4% 10 32.3%      
10 14 2022-12-18 PHI @ CHI W 25-20 DT 0 0.0% 14 23.7% 7 28.0%      
11 15 2022-12-24 PHI @ DAL L 34-40 DT 0 0.0% 9 12.3% 5 16.1%      

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I don't like relying on Graham either, but I like it better than relying on Josiah Scott and K'von Wallace.

I'm fine with going CB in the 1st, it just depends on how the board falls. I think OL can wait until later rounds. DL/CB or DL/DL is what I'm expecting if we stay put. RB at the end of the 1st could be a sleeper pick but I'm not really on that boat.

I know this is looking ahead but I hope this is the last year of Moorehead as the WR coach. Brown/Smith are having great years but where on the list does Moorehead get credit for that? Very low, IMO. 

Besides those two, he hasn't developed anything. Reagor, Whiteside, Hightower all busted. Watkins is currently doing his best Jalen Reagor impression out on the field in year 3. The only thing you can maybe point to is the 4 game stretch of Fulgham, although even that is suspect. This is all not to mention he probably has it easier than other position coaches given that Sirianni is a former WR's coach and is heavily involved in coaching up the WR's as well as bringing in Pascal who Sirianni praised for his veteran leadership.

16 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

cannabis>>>>>>beer & wine

Fight me (just watch the hair)

fixed that for you. :smoke:

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

I wouldn't be completely shocked if they risked losing the game (and they obviously did lose it) just to show Dak a completely different look than they'll give him in the playoffs.  That's absolutely something you'd see from the Lowie brain trust.

Now, Dak typically slaughters our defense, so there may be not much else to it.  But I wouldn't be surprised...

Yeah, but I watched Gannon make Derek Carr, Herbert, etc., look like a superstar last year playing the same tanky scheme. Running majority man defense, wouldn’t have released some secret tape out in the world - every team runs some man every game.

Maybe the early Dak scrambles scared him off playing aggressively and enabled him to settle back into his ‘comfort zone’.

Another factor in Davis' low play time is the fact that Joseph has been playing well. Much better than I thought he would. 

3 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

fixed that for you. :smoke:

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

A lot of talk about wine drinking this morning.  I had no idea there were so many women in the Blog.

Really? I figured you were all women. 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Didn’t expect this to be the Blog today 

image.gif

Pineapple high noons where it is at! Lol

23 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I'd never suggest drafting a CB in round 1 if there were a more talented edge rusher available.  But all things being equal, I'd take the CB.  

When Slay and Bradberry were locking guys down, the defense was a nightmare to the opposition.  When Reddick and Sweat were absolutely teeing off from the edge on Saturday, the Cowboys still put up a 40 burger.

Anyone can get open if the pass rush isn't there bro

I think Davis’s issue right now is that he’s probably still not fully healed from the ankle sprain. A guy his size is not going to have a normal recovery time like a smaller guy would. He was playing fine before the injury, so I don’t think it’s a coincidence that his play has fallen off. I think it’s a combination of Joseph and Suh holding their own in that spot and them wanting to keep Davis on a snap count as he plays through it and gets back to 100%. 

As much as I don’t like it and wanted them to to solidify the one seed against Dallas, I do think they are being risk averse heading into the playoffs whether it be from a game plan or personnel standpoint. They need to win badly against New Orleans and get guys like AJ, Hurts, Graham, Cox, Kelce, Slay, Bradberry, etc some time off to rest and get ready for the playoff stretch. 

14 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Your defense of Gannon here is essentially "They aren't a perfect roster." You should be able to win with some backups in there. Bradberry, Epps, Slay, Graham, Sweat, Hargrave, Edwards, Reddick, and CGJ when he comes back is plenty of talent on that side of the ball. Probably most any defense in the playoffs will have outside of the Niners.

And if you disagree, what would be your biggest concern not counting the injuries? I don't know how you could argue anything but Gannon here.

What's our record?

Feels like CJGJ isn't coming back this week. Eagles MO this season has been to wait till Wednesday morning to open the practice window for returning players so they can take in practice for a week. Sirianni also didn't seem very confident when asked about him. 

PFF Contract projections:

DI Javon Hargrave, Philadelphia Eagles

We’ve already discussed Eagles cornerback James Bradberry as a player who could sign a new deal before the 2022 season ends, as the busiest team in the league will be extremely busy once again this offseason working to retain several key pending free agents.

Hargrave may be at the top of that list as he continues his dominant pass-rushing spree, with his 91.8 pass-rush grade over the past two seasons trailing only Aaron Donald and Chris Jones, and his 13.8% pressure percentage ranking second.

If longtime Eagles interior defender Fletcher Cox doesn’t return in 2023, that’s all the more reason to retain an important contributor on the interior. Philadelphia added two veteran interior defenders in Ndamukong Suh and Linval Joseph midseason, which signals they feel they can still add more help up front even after trading up in the first round for Jordan Davis. Hargrave fits perfectly going forward next to Davis, who is already a force against the run as he works his way more and more into the rotation.

The main reason the Eagles, as well as the Minnesota Vikings with Dalvin Tomlinson, would be smart to get deals done before the offseason is because of the pending market explosion at interior defender. This offseason’s version of the wide receiver market from last year will be the first-round interior defenders from the 2019 draft class: the New York JetsQuinnen Williams, Miami DolphinsChristian Wilkins, New York GiantsDexter Lawrence and the Tennessee TitansJeffery Simmons, among several others. Hargrave’s projection below mirrors the three-year, $49.5 million extension Atlanta Falcons interior defender Grady Jarrett signed this past offseason.

Projected contract: Three years, $51 million ($17 million per year), $35.5 million total guaranteed

Since his NFL career will be all downhill from here, maybe the Commanders will hire Heinicke as a Rule Exploitation Analyst.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This isn't going to end well. 

Yep.  May as well get Minshew as many reps as possible to finish the season, as he will be in a playoff game at some point as Hurts is going to take more hits.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This isn't going to end well. 

It's what I expected. I think he will be fine.  Lots of players play through this and you never even know they had it. 

3 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Nothing wrong with white wine. Not my usual go to but it has its place. 

A nice Sauvignon Blanc with a poultry dish. A steel barrel Chardonnay in the chicken dish which must have ‘shrooms in it to hold the wine flavor and some in the cook.  Mom’s legacy, "I like to cook with wine, sometimes I even put some in the food.”

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It's what I expected. I think he will be fine.  Lots of players play through this and you never even know they had it. 

Yes, you see at the end of the season lots of players getting surgeries of stuff no one knew they had. Lane is a Fing warrior, dude played multiple years on an ankle he said doctors called "collapsed."

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I guess my main concern is the "after consulting with numerous experts" wording meaning that it's likely many recommended to just get surgery and shut down. Different positions but it gives me DeSean Jackson 2019 vibes. 

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

A lot of talk about wine drinking this morning.  I had no idea there were so many women in the Blog.

And gheys

Archived