EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover models include 81 year old Martha Stewart and a trans woman.  What happened to the good old days of Tyra Banks and her forehead?

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover models include 81 year old Martha Stewart and a trans woman.  What happened to the good old days of Tyra Banks and her forehead?

I'm just ignoring those two and focusing on Megan Fox. 

MeganFox_SI_Feb2023_S9_02097_WMweb

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Supposedly it's going to come down to Harden. I don't want anything to do with either but if they plan on bringing Harden back, Rivers is out. If Rivers is back, Hardens out.

OblongPleasingAyeaye-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Doc going with the "would you ask Pop that question" always irked me... Same thing with we were never going to win with that team (Clippers) as no one got along... That's his job.  Plus he looks clueless and never seems to challenge anything.

Also I like Biid but why can the dude never shoot a bank shot?  I just feel he has such a great touch that would open up so many more doors for him.

I didn't hear that quote... but they are full of great quotes.  Morons.  Joel throwing his teammates under the bus while he played like garbage.   The "Everybody loves a Game 7" line is for the team that forces Game 7 to say... not for the team that lost at home in a close out game.  

13 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Doc going with the "would you ask Pop that question" always irked me... Same thing with we were never going to win with that team (Clippers) as no one got along... That's his job.  Plus he looks clueless and never seems to challenge anything.

Also I like Biid but why can the dude never shoot a bank shot?  I just feel he has such a great touch that would open up so many more doors for him.

This isn’t me defending doc. I think doc is a mediocre coach (might be generous) who has been surpassed by a lot of coaches in the profession. He got super fortunate that the Boston Celtics gave him Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen to a lesser degree Rajon Rondo. Because if he didn’t, he would never have gotten as far as he did, or the amount of jobs that he gotten.  because he has been objectively done what the 76ers have been since the process started.which is a coach who can’t get out of the second round, and continuously blows series.

that said the accountability for Embiid and even Ben Simmons has always been an issue. We talked about this going back to when they lost to the Boston Celtics in the first playoff matchup of the process. This has always been there  heck it’s why they brought brand back to help guide okafor and the locker room 

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I'm just ignoring those two and focusing on Megan Fox. 

MeganFox_SI_Feb2023_S9_02097_WMweb

She must pay someone to wipe her ass with the size of those talons on her fingers.

Just now, Iggles25 said:

She must pay someone to wipe her ass with the size of those talons on her fingers.

One of the grossest trends IMO is the fake nail culture going on.  It's disgusting.  

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Career-changing move. 

I actually didn't mind Brown in 43.  21 is the superior number for sure but would have preferred Ringo going that direction.  

Plus, there's no guarantee that Justin Evans makes the team and 30 could be there for the taking.  With that being said, I think Evans will be a solid contributor this year. 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Career-changing move. 

Bummer.  Now I am going to look so silly in my Sydney Brown #43 jersey.   

Sydney Brown says he will wear #43 for the #Eagles, and that he was given that number by the team. He vows to make the most of it, "You make the number what it is.. If they gave me #61, it wouldn’t matter. I can make 61 look cool if I get 10 INT’s and 24 tackles for loss.”

So why did he change after ^^^

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That's going to piss a lot of people off

Uhhhhh what?  So not on TV?  

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Uhhhhh what?  So not on TV?  

If you have Comcast/Peacock. Sunday Ticket will be over by then

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I have Peacock and it pisses me off. Playoff games should not be behind the paywall of a struggling streaming service. 

Terrible precedent to set. But it seems that's where this is going. In 10 years you'll need to be subscribed to 5 services to watch every playoff game.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I have Peacock and it pisses me off. Playoff games should not be behind the paywall of a struggling streaming service. 

NFL is going to kill itself trying to squeeze every dollar it can.

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Fing stupid crap.  

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

387c8df0-1c6c-41bb-8e2c-1528416e48d5_text.gif

Peacock does have a free version, right? I had to pay for it to access 30 Rock, but I’m paying 99 cents a month for it. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

Peacock does have a free version, right? I had to pay for it to access 30 Rock, but I’m paying 99 cents a month for it. 

I think, but there's no chance in hell they're putting the NFL game in the free subscription.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yea, but you have to have the premium version to live stream sports.

And apparently the free premium version that comes with Xfinity is ending June 2023. Splendid. 

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

NFL is going to kill itself trying to squeeze every dollar it can.

The NFL thinks it's invincible.  It is not.  I can't think of many good decisions they have made over the last decade that fans have been on board with.  None of the changes to the game, the rules changes and the overall product of the game have come from concerns of the fans.  No one is saying, hey I hate the convenience of turning on the TV and having football at my finger tips.

No one asked for Thursday Night Football.  

No one wanted TNF Color Rush uniforms.  

No one wanted 17 games.

No one wanted expanded playoffs.

You can go on and on with things the NFL just keeps doing that no one asks for or wants.

The XFL isn't a competitor of the NFL and probably never will be, but the changes they made to the game were much more fan friendly than ANYTHING the NFL has ever done.  

Archived