EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Peacock does have a free version, right? I had to pay for it to access 30 Rock, but I’m paying 99 cents a month for it. 

Very limited.  The free version will likely offer you 1st downs only, then black out the rest of the possession.  

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

The NFL thinks it's invincible.  It is not.  I can't think of many good decisions they have made over the last decade that fans have been on board with.  None of the changes to the game, the rules changes and the overall product of the game have come from concerns of the fans.  No one is saying, hey I hate the convenience of turning on the TV and having football at my finger tips.

No one asked for Thursday Night Football.  

No one wanted TNF Color Rush uniforms.  

No one wanted 17 games.

No one wanted expanded playoffs.

You can go on and on with things the NFL just keeps doing that no one asks for or wants.

The XFL isn't a competitor of the NFL and probably never will be, but the changes they made to the game were much more fan friendly than ANYTHING the NFL has ever done.  

Disagree with the bolded... but I do agree if you limit it to just over the last 15 years or so.

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

How about that Joe Biden guy?!

Is he awake? 

33 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I have Peacock and it pisses me off. Playoff games should not be behind the paywall of a struggling streaming service. 

Maybe it will be on the free version of Peacock.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Disagree with the bolded... but I do agree if you limit it to just over the last 15 years or so.

OK ever was the wrong word...The NFL has done GREAT things in the past.  It's the recent history of changes.  Maybe post Tagliabu?

I just think it's the world we live in.  Everything is just so money driven.  Whatever they can do to sign exclusive rights, get more sponsorship dollars and create more ad revenue.

More games= more commercials.

More stoppages in the games= more commercials.

Ad patches in the NBA, NHL and MLB.

Helmet ads in the NHL and coming to the MLB I think after the All-Star break.

Beyond annoying digital ads on the boards of NHL games.

A sponsor for every. single. thing.  It's nauseating.  You can't escape anything. 

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

OK ever was the wrong word...The NFL has done GREAT things in the past.  It's the recent history of changes.  Maybe post Tagliabu?

I just think it's the world we live in.  Everything is just so money driven.  Whatever they can do to sign exclusive rights, get more sponsorship dollars and create more ad revenue.

A sponsor for every. single. thing.  It's nauseating.  You can't escape anything. 

That seems about right.  Basically, the Goodell error, I mean, era.  

15 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

The NFL thinks it's invincible.  It is not.  I can't think of many good decisions they have made over the last decade that fans have been on board with.  None of the changes to the game, the rules changes and the overall product of the game have come from concerns of the fans.  No one is saying, hey I hate the convenience of turning on the TV and having football at my finger tips.

No one asked for Thursday Night Football.  

No one wanted TNF Color Rush uniforms.  

No one wanted 17 games.

No one wanted expanded playoffs.

You can go on and on with things the NFL just keeps doing that no one asks for or wants.

The XFL isn't a competitor of the NFL and probably never will be, but the changes they made to the game were much more fan friendly than ANYTHING the NFL has ever done.  

And yet fans are tuning in at record numbers. I think you’re wildly exaggerating your post. Are you really unhappy with Thursday night games? Do you really hate watching your favorite team play a 17th game?

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

And yet fans are tuning in at record numbers. I think you’re wildly exaggerating your post. Are you really unhappy with Thursday night games? Do you really hate watching your favorite team play a 17th game?

No, I'm not unhappy, but I also don't really watch Thursday night games.  I like Thursday night college football. 

It's been discussed in here many times but the TNF product is crap.  Players have less time to get healthy and rehab injuries.  Just because we have it doesn't make it a good thing.

I was perfectly fine with 16 games.  If they took away game 17 I wouldn't complain one bit.  

It's a little bit here and a little bit there.  It makes the product worse.  Maybe a little exaggerated with the examples I gave but the NFL every year does something that we don't want.

56 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

If you have Comcast/Peacock. Sunday Ticket will be over by then

Comcast’s deal with Peacock expires in June, so it no longer will be free for subscribers. We now have to pay for the service. But they show enough Premier League games that I might actually watch on occasion, as well as one Notre Dame game per year that won’t be televised on NBC, so I’ve already in my mind decided to pony up the extra cost. Having an NFL game is kind of the clincher, I guess.

20 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I am and haven't tuned in to a TNF game that doesn't involve the Eagles or the Kickoff game since its inception.  They preach 'player safety', while making players play on 3 days' rest, all because they can squeeze more money out of it.  

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I am and haven't tuned in to a TNF game that doesn't involve the Eagles or the Kickoff game since its inception.  They preach 'player safety', while making players play on 3 days' rest, all because they can squeeze more money out of it.  

And by and large fans will watch. A few such as yourself doesn’t really matter to them. 

5 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

I think the entire division will take a 1-2 game regress, like @BigEFly said.  The AFC East and NFC West will be tougher opponents than the AFC South and NFC North were last year.  I expect the Commanders will slide all the way down to 5-6 wins, the Giants will miss the playoffs at 7-8 wins, and The Eagles and Turds will drop 1 or 2 games from last season's win totals.  

The Eagles might still get the #1 seed at 12-13 wins, though.  The Niners draw the NFC East and AFC North, which stands to be a really tough schedule.  I don't see anyone else in the NFC strong enough to win 13 games.  

Are the Eagles that strong?  Their CBs are another year older and they lost both starting ILBs and Ss.  Also lost a cerebral LG and starting RB but I think, if health holds (because they lost OL depth too) the Offense will be okay. Add to that two new coordinators and half the defensive coaching staff being new and it’s not like there aren’t doubts.  

I doubt you’ll have to pay to watch the game. It’ll probably be to just advertise their service. 

11 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Sydney Briwn changed his number to 21

21. Can you do somethin for me?

13 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

21. Can you do somethin for me?

I hate that I know what this is. That trend has infiltrated my YouTube feed. 

Ehhh I already subscribe to peacock for super cross and motor cross so no biggie. 

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I blame those fat cats in Washing-

Nevermind.

4 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Maybe it will be on the free version of Peacock.

@Godfather is giving away his P-Calk for free quite often. Only @hputenis is still dumb enough to pay 

That Peacock game is going to be the lowest rated playoff game of all-time.

I am going to listen to the radio and watch the game center on Yahoo Sports like some kid is updating the baseball score off the telegraph in 1922.

Archived