EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

AJ Brown would murder Mariota after about 3 of these. 

Well....he has no problem with arm strength....

16 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

AJ Brown would murder Mariota after about 3 of these. 

4 minutes ago, twistr said:

Well....he has no problem with arm strength....

Maybe he needs some of these...

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Maybe he needs some of these...

giphy.gif

Maybe he's Rick Vaughn from Major League?

28 minutes ago, twistr said:

So cool story with Charlie scheen and that character. He took PEDs to get his arm strength up to play the role. He got his fastball up to 85 mph. The average mlb fastball during that time the first movie was made was 87 mph 

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

So cool story with Charlie scheen and that character. He took PEDs to get his arm strength up to play the role. He got his fastball up to 85 mph. The average mlb fastball during that time the first movie was made was 87 mph 

Sure sure, it was "for the role", otherwise he'd have been clean as a whistle

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Good velocity

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Ed O'Neill legitimately went to Polk High and ran for four TD's in one game, just bowling over HS kids in preparation for his role as Al Bundy.

14 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Ed O'Neill legitimately went to Polk High and ran for four TD's in one game, just bowling over HS kids in preparation for his role as Al Bundy.

Robert Shaw rented a small fishing vessel and got eaten by a great white shark to prepare for his role as the boat captain in Jaws. 

1 hour ago, twistr said:

I thought about going with one of those pics.

44 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Wait... Charlie Sheen took drugs?

winning-im.gif

It all fits together now.  

Best $4 I’ve spent in a while. 

IMG_7718.jpeg

Wild stat

One thing lebron james and Michael Jordan have in common:

Its been 20 years since either scored fewer than 25ppg in a season

The Sixers did the right thing firing Doc Rivers. He had three years and the team made it no further than they did with Brett Brown. He wasn't the main reason they lost the series against Boston but that doesn't matter. Other coaches had done more with their current teams and gotten fired this offseason.

That being said, if they chose Harden over Rivers they will regret it in a major way. Harden is finished. Giving him four years at max money, hell giving him four years at all would be a franchise killer. They need to move on from Harden.

Also, if they hire D'Antoni it would also be a franchise killer. Budenholzer and Nurse won championships with their last teams. Monty Williams is a hell of a coach. There are options out there that will help, D'Antoni isn't one of them. 

Either way the roster needs major help. They don't have one single athletic wing on the team who can create their own shot. They don't have shooters and if you are going to run your offense through a big man in 2023 you had better surround him with shooters. You saw in the Boston series how Boston would just double or even triple team Embiid and dare the other players to shoot wide open 3's. Harden, Harris, Fatty Niang, etc etc all need to go and they have got to find a way to add some shooters and wing players.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’ve been saying this for a while. I think Joshua Harris wants that new stadium because he wants to sell the Sixers at max value. The only way he can sell the Sixers at a peak maximum value is if they have their own arena so they’re not renters at Wells Fargo Center. Whether or not the Sixers are good or not isnt as valuable as owning your own arena. Because NBA franchise you’re gonna make a ton of money anyways. But if you have your own building, you can do other events and make money off all ticket sales and concessions. Right now, the Sixers don’t have that working for them. So selling the team you’re not gonna make nearly the value as if you had your own arena. That’s to me is why he’s been pushing for it.

Nothing like going to a concert at an arena with no parking. Same for conventions.  

I collect all sports , but only rookies , I have hundreds . Here a cpl hoops rookies

65204EF8-B0A1-4241-8022-C2EB1DD7F4A2.jpeg

D21B37B2-0CDE-4A2A-9F9E-1EBD8370C0D6.jpeg

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Nothing like going to a concert at an arena with no parking. Same for conventions.  

Tbh not harris’ problem. That’s a fan issue. They’ll find ways to get to the game and concerts. Plus I’m guessing they’ll have some parking where he’s gets all the money off that. He has that arena he gets 100% of ticket sales, concessions and doesn’t have to pay rent to Comcast at the WFC. The biggest reason the sixers don’t want to play at the WFC is cause they pay rent and have to give Comcast a nice chunk go ticket sales and concessions. Plus they get nothing on concerts or anything else that happens at the arena 

2 hours ago, twistr said:

Sure sure, it was "for the role", otherwise he'd have been clean as a whistle

He was like PEDs? I bet that **** is in some of the stuff I'm already taking

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Robert Shaw rented a small fishing vessel and got eaten by a great white shark to prepare for his role as the boat captain in Jaws. 

That beats Ian McKellan fighting an actual Balrog to get ready for his role in Lord of the Rings.

Jump to 49:30, Mike Mayock talks about what it’s like when Howie Roseman and Bill Belichick call you if they want to do a trade. His impression of Howie made me laugh out loud

New Training Camp Body favorite. 

Charleston Rambo. He's the son of CFL and Jets preseason legend Ken-Yon Rambo.

Howie really is a unique monster.  Not a lot of GM's have had the opportunity to be encouraged to be creative, learn from it, refine, evolve, and continue to reinvent.  That is no small part of the reason why Howie is smarter, more creative, and gets stuff done in different ways than other GM's.  Other GM's have a 2-3 year window to demonstrate linear progression or they are fired.  Howie just got a canvas.  And he trashed that canvas more than once.  

Makes you wonder if Hinkie were banished, brought back, allowed to learn from his mistakes....if the 76ers might be in a different place.  

26 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

New Training Camp Body favorite. 

Charleston Rambo. He's the son of CFL and Jets preseason legend Ken-Yon Rambo.

He's a player I loved at OU.  He was such a smooth player and made what seemed like 1-2 big plays every Saturday.  He's got a battle ahead of him but I think WR 3,4,5 could be wide open right now.  

He's really got his work cut out for him as he's wearing 43 for camp.  Yikes.

Archived