EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Terrible precedent to set. But it seems that's where this is going. In 10 years you'll need to be subscribed to 5 services to watch every playoff game.

nflbite

4 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Peacock does have a free version, right? I had to pay for it to access 30 Rock, but I’m paying 99 cents a month for it. 

I get it free but Comcast has my cable TV, which is packaged with my internet.  

3 hours ago, ManuManu said:

And yet fans are tuning in at record numbers. I think you’re wildly exaggerating your post. Are you really unhappy with Thursday night games? Do you really hate watching your favorite team play a 17th game?

Only Thursday games (including Thanksgiving) I watch are Eagles games.  Now I do buy NFL+.  I bought it for the All22 but have found I watch other teams condensed games all week.  Much better deal than Sunday ticket.  But I suspect this season at some point an Eagles game will be on CBS and the local CBS station will opt for the Ravens game because that is the following they have developed.  But frankly, if that’s the case, I will just catch the Eagles game on NFL+ as soon as it is over on TV.  Same for that playoff game if it is only on Peacock that I don’t get.  I have Prime for free delivery mainly although I watch a few shows on it, occasionally grab a free Kindle book and do use the free Music on occasion.  I tried to watch a few Thursday night games last year but it was BAD.  

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Only Thursday games (including Thanksgiving) I watch are Eagles games.  Now I do buy NFL+.  I bought it for the All22 but have found I watch other teams condensed games all week.  Much better deal than Sunday ticket.  But I suspect this season at some point an Eagles game will be on CBS and the local CBS station will opt for the Ravens game because that is the following they have developed.  But frankly, if that’s the case, I will just catch the Eagles game on NFL+ as soon as it is over on TV.  Same for that playoff game if it is only on Peacock that I don’t get.  I have Prime for free delivery mainly although I watch a few shows on it, occasionally grab a free Kindle book and do use the free Music on occasion.  I tried to watch a few Thursday night games last year but it was BAD.  

The Eagles are only scheduled to be on CBS twice this year, and in both instances the Ravens (and Steelers too for that matter) do not conflict. So you're probably good.

The entire season of Sunday ticket costs what it would cost to go to one game. Never understood why people complain about the price. 

24 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

The Eagles are only scheduled to be on CBS twice this year, and in both instances the Ravens (and Steelers too for that matter) do not conflict. So you're probably good.

The rules have changed. AFC for CBS and NFC for FOX no longer exists. 

20 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

The entire season of Sunday ticket costs what it would cost to go to one game. Never understood why people complain about the price. 

Because it's still an absurd price. Just because something else is stupidly priced doesn't make it any less greedy.

I pay like $80 for an entire season of Phillies baseball, and when NHL TV was a thing I was paying about the same for an entire season of flyers games.  There is no earthly reason I should be paying over $300 for significantly less product on a worse interface. 

"Football is more popular" isn't an answer, that just affirms they're being greedy because with more popularity there's more subscriptions so set at the same price as the others would still be raking in cash. It is funny how many people complain and then still buy it, because they're the reason the price stays so high 

7 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

She must pay someone to wipe her ass with the size of those talons on her fingers.

Wrong. I do it for free. 

54 minutes ago, devpool said:

Because it's still an absurd price. Just because something else is stupidly priced doesn't make it any less greedy.

I pay like $80 for an entire season of Phillies baseball, and when NHL TV was a thing I was paying about the same for an entire season of flyers games.  There is no earthly reason I should be paying over $300 for significantly less product on a worse interface. 

"Football is more popular" isn't an answer, that just affirms they're being greedy because with more popularity there's more subscriptions so set at the same price as the others would still be raking in cash. It is funny how many people complain and then still buy it, because they're the reason the price stays so high 

I paid over $400 and that’s with the $100 discount. Meanwhile mlb.tv is basically handed out for free. 

For all those who don’t know the TNF games don’t even require Prime. You can just download the Twitch app and watch them all for free. With ads of course. 

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

The rules have changed. AFC for CBS and NFC for FOX no longer exists. 

I’m aware of that. But even with the rule change, the Eagles are still only going to be on CBS twice this year — the opener in New England and then later in the season at home against the Bills. In both instances, the Ravens and Steelers are not playing at the same time, so the folks who live in that awkward area of PA will probably not be affected. 

For that Peacock playoff game, I assume the 2 in-market cities would still get the game on their local networks…?

15 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I'm not worried about the Eagles in any way shape or form to be honest.  I feel impending doom with the Sixers.  Nothing towards the Flyers and a OK guys let's get it together with the Phillies. 

yup <_< 

AXY3jY7.jpg

7 hours ago, devpool said:

It’s really meant for people outside of their team’s market.

Let’s say your team has 5 primetime games. $350/12 is $29.16 per game. I also get every other game I want to watch, I think that’s a steal. That’s less than a round of golf to spend my Sunday. Honestly it should be more with how much a team costs now. The commanders sold for 6 Billion. They get less than 600 million per year share from the NFL. The operating income of an NFL team is average around 177 million. It’s going to take a very long time for them to make money even with revenue going up. I’m not sure greed is an argument that works at this point. Let’s say the operating income was 200 million, it would take 30 years to get the initial cost of the team back. 

The NFL isn’t setting the price either. Youtube decided to pay 2 billion per year for Sunday Ticket. Sunday Ticket earns about 600 million in revenue. It’s now open to everyone, not just DirecTV customers so that will go up. However, they will have to find 4x more subscribers just to make a profit. The price is actually too low. It will go up next year if people don’t buy. If they do somehow get the subscribers and make a good profit then you will see some more promotions next year. Maybe even a team only option. The price actually is what it is because not enough people have bought in the past for them to make a profit. It’s the first year. They have projections but it’s all just a guess on how many people will buy with it being open to everyone.

It’s frustrating with the 76ers, but I’ve been in a more passive, reflective mood lately.  The process, despite its failure, was exciting.  It made the team relevant in a city that was on the outside looking in for the Lebron/Curry/Durant self-selecting super team era.  

But, much like the end of the Lindros flyers, end of AI, end of Mcnabb, end of AR….this is the end (or at least beginning of the end) of another once beloved Philly dynasty that never was.  Never fun when that happens.  But that’s usually the course…celebrating the bittersweet conclusion of championship winning team nuclei isn’t the way it usually goes.

Kempski cut up all of Swift’s carries and targets in a pair of YouTube videos. Worth a watch if you have the time. 

1 hour ago, paco said:

yup <_< 

AXY3jY7.jpg

Joel finally got his MVP. He'll now only be mildly annoyed about how the season ended.

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

For that Peacock playoff game, I assume the 2 in-market cities would still get the game on their local networks…?

You would have to hope so.  And that's the way it has gone for regular season games.  Point is... if I am a fan who lives out of market, why should I have to pay for something extra for playoff games?   And if I am paying extra to watch the playoff games, will I still have to put up with the annoying commercials?  Because that's double indemnity, as I see it.  I shouldn't have to 'pay twice'.  Commercials are the price that consumers pay for the 'free' broadcasts.  If I am paying to watch the game, I shouldn't be subject to the same advertisements... then again, the NFL has filled every nook and cranny of the in-stadium experience with advertisement after advertisement as well.  IMO, it diminishes the game experience having every little break in action filled with loud advertising over the PA, so that it makes discussing what's actually happening on the field nearly impossible with the people around you.

1 minute ago, paco said:

UD9naf1.jpg

Doc's entire message every timeout we heard was 'trust each other', etc.   Maybe a little X's and O's would help them trust a little more, because they'd have practiced where the other guy was supposed to be.  

Doc's coaching method sure seems to fit Mr. Coach Kline's methods.  

95f1c1f6-5716-4287-b021-20e1d88502e1_tex

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You would have to hope so.  

Yes, local markets will get the game on NBC. 

Archived