EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Our local store used to carry turkey hill ice cream and they recently stopped and I'm so upset, I didn't know it was a Penn company and looked up where it was from, when I learned Pennsylvania I tried to talk my wife into moving to Philly.

Their simple Belgium chocolate is the best, 5 ingredients takes me about 5 minutes to eat the whole tub.😁

Turkey Hill isn’t in Philly.  It’s in South Central PA.  You want to come to Lancaster County on the Susquehanna River.  The actual dairy is around Creswell but the location for visitors is the Turkey Hill Experience in Columbia off US 30, the Lincoln Highway.  Great family experience, I hear.  I believe you can make your own ice cream design there.  My kids were grown when they opened that.  Lots of great dairies in the area.  

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Nebraska falling apart the last 5 mins feels very Nebraska football of late 

Been going to the same party for 10 years and in no way is that depressing. 

3 hours ago, TEW said:

I would disagree.

It’s well beyond the initial growth phase IMO. If physical talent is the ceiling of potential level of play, coachability is the ability to reach that potential. Players generally improve as they get older in technique, awareness, etc, and that intersects with their physical peak in a player’s mid to late 20’s. Jackson is 25, playing a new position, so I’d say he has a solid 3 years where he should continue to improve. His coachability will determine if he hits his physical potential.

Albert O is physically as gifted as Jackson, has also been hampered by injuries, is the same age, but has produced in the NFL, not on a PS.

So if you're going to carry one "project" at TE, he's a better choice.

1 hour ago, TEW said:

Based on high end physical ability.

He’s brand new to the position and spent time injured.

How many years is one considered "brand new"? This is Tyree Jackson's third year playing the position. I would suggest the brand new label for him has long since expired. Maybe "somewhat inexperienced" or "still a bit raw" is more accurate.

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Turkey Hill isn’t in Philly.  It’s in South Central PA.  You want to come to Lancaster County on the Susquehanna River.  The actual dairy is around Creswell but the location for visitors is the Turkey Hill Experience in Columbia off US 30, the Lincoln Highway.  Great family experience, I hear.  I believe you can make your own ice cream design there.  My kids were grown when they opened that.  Lots of great dairies in the area.  

Yup knew it wasn't in Philly, but that was closer to where it was in Pennsylvania than Wichita.

First time I had it was at the State Fair here, they were giving out free samples cups so then I went and looked and found it at one of our local grocery stores but a couple months ago it went away, I can't find it anywhere in Wichita☹️

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Eagles > Sixers > Flyers

Not a team in professional sports I dislike more than the Phillies.

Explain. Explain how/why you dislike the Phillies not only more than the Cowboys, the Niners, the Celtics, etc. but also more than any other team in the MLB. I think your troll skills are drying up.

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:
2 hours ago, Utebird said:

Our local store used to carry turkey hill ice cream and they recently stopped and I'm so upset, I didn't know it was a Penn company and looked up where it was from, when I learned Pennsylvania I tried to talk my wife into moving to Philly.

Their simple Belgium chocolate is the best, 5 ingredients takes me about 5 minutes to eat the whole tub.😁

Haven’t had it in years. West coast i haven’t seen it. When i go back to visit family i usually get a tub and also go to tanner bros farm 

we get a weekly news magazine called The Week and every issue has a food and dining page.  Three weeks ago they included a vanilla ice cream taste off and Turkey Hill’s Vanilla Bean was the winner. Van Leeuwen and Ben and Jerry’s rounded out the top three.  While I was back in Philly taking care of my 110 year old mother the past two weeks I got tubs of all three plus Bassetts and Häagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean (our favorite). I have to say the Turkey Hill lived up to its hype.

I’m gonna apply. First article is gonna be about either tyree jackson who’s got cut or anyone over siposs  

The Athletic was relatively recently bought by the New York Times.

2 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

It's not a matter of it not being important it's a matter of it being routinely done well throughout the league. The Tony Romo thing was fun but almost 20 years ago.  That's how far you have to go back to have memorable bad hold.  Of course you don't want to sign a terrible holder

You simply haven’t been paying attention.  There are terrible holds every NFL season.  Some seasons have multiple bad holds.

10 hours ago, brkmsn said:

4 of Gilliken's 6 punts in that game were fair caught inside the 20. If I had to compare the two punters, I'd feel Gilliken is better at situational punting than Siposs. Elliot has had his two best seasons with Siposs as his holder. So if the Eagle are going to seriously entertain change at punter, the upgrade needs to be significant. 

Last season prior to his injury Siposs was average at least, sure upgrade if it doesn’t cost anything including any FG and XP that Elliott misses due to the hold

Covey better than average, very sure handed and was progressing. Seems though that is about his only role on this team. Winging it here, he might be worth an average of 3 - 4 yds MORE per return then an average returner that plus his ball security. Maybe a luxury maybe not

9 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Reagor signed to Patriots practice squad so BB can pump him for everything he can about Nick’s offense.  

Reagor will act as a double agent then.  He was never in the right spot!

7 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

It's not a matter of it not being important it's a matter of it being routinely done well throughout the league. The Tony Romo thing was fun but almost 20 years ago.  That's how far you have to go back to have memorable bad hold.  Of course you don't want to sign a terrible holder

A bad hold doesn't have to be something that can be seen from afar, but something that is felt up close by the kicker.

12 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Reagor will act as a double agent then.  He was never in the right spot!

Don't tell them that we have a new OC 

1 hour ago, The guy in France said:

Next years draft extraordinary per Sikemma

It's a top 10 that is close/similar to 2021 in terms of quality.
2023 was actually a poor top 10 in terms of blue-chip talent. There were only 2 blue-chip prospects in the draft and we got one of them. 3 if you want to include Will Anderson. 

8 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Turkey Hill Experience is a former partner of mine for work and even if your kids are grown it's worth doing...but still geared towards kids. You get a full pint of vanilla ice cream, add in one of I think 12 flavors using a beaker and then you can put in all the inclusions you want. I generally would do raspberry ice cream with peanut butter cups and cookie dough bites. They do it classroom style so you're with a group of people. Not sure how much longer it will be in that location but have been hearing that for years. Columbia is a neat little town, some great antique places. Bube's Brewery isn't too far away in Mount Joy and that's quite the  place too. 

@Utebird if you have a Kroger nearby, TH ice products are carried in all of their stores.  

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Nebraska falling apart the last 5 mins feels very Nebraska football of late 

I love Boccioni's work. The City Rises is one of my favorite paintings. The energy just leaps off the canvas.

Both these works are at the MOMA.

The_City_Rises_by_Umberto_Boccioni_1910.jpg

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Explain. Explain how/why you dislike the Phillies not only more than the Cowboys, the Niners, the Celtics, etc. but also more than any other team in the MLB. I think your troll skills are drying up.

Because there isn't a worse sport than baseball.  Nothing more boring to watch, hear broadcast on the radio or hear talk about on the radio.  I can't stand when I turn on sports talk radio and there is either a Phillies game on or people are talking about the Phillies.  Their fanbase is also incredibly fairweather.  Can't stand the Phillies and I can't abandon Phillies fans.  Wish nothing but the worst for that franchise, wish they would relocate to another city.

10 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

I'd have some interest in this guy.  Seems like a poor man's Josh Sweat.   Maybe if we trade Barnett... 

https://www.si.com/college/fsu/pro-noles/report-kansas-city-chiefs-elect-not-to-bring-back-former-florida-state-defensive-end

an oft-injured player...you know Howie has interest! 

My dream targets in the draft

-Marvin Harrison Jr.- never going to happen but I can dream

-Leonard Taylor- unrealistic as they just drafted DT back to back in the 1st but Taylor is a menace and reminds me a lot of Jalen Carter

-Emeka Egbuka- Harrison is the grand prize, Egbuka is a flat out stud too. I think WR needs to be addressed sooner than later. Not sure how they can keep both Brown and Smith. Smith is my priority to keep. Brown will be due A LOT of money and not sure how they can do it.

-Jared Verse- He would have been a top pick this year. Flat out stud and would be fantastic on this DL.

10 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

an oft-injured player...you know Howie has interest! 

My dream targets in the draft

-Marvin Harrison Jr.- never going to happen but I can dream

-Leonard Taylor- unrealistic as they just drafted DT back to back in the 1st but Taylor is a menace and reminds me a lot of Jalen Carter

-Emeka Egbuka- Harrison is the grand prize, Egbuka is a flat out stud too. I think WR needs to be addressed sooner than later. Not sure how they can keep both Brown and Smith. Smith is my priority to keep. Brown will be due A LOT of money and not sure how they can do it.

-Jared Verse- He would have been a top pick this year. Flat out stud and would be fantastic on this DL.

I am in no way a Penn State fan but I have a high regard for Olu Fashanu (hope I spelled that correctly). I have no idea where he might fall in the draft But I think he can play.

15 minutes ago, just relax said:

I am in no way a Penn State fan but I have a high regard for Olu Fashanu (hope I spelled that correctly). I have no idea where he might fall in the draft But I think he can play.

PSU has some fantastic talent.

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

A bad hold doesn't have to be something that can be seen from afar, but something that is felt up close by the kicker.

Sure but kickers are making a higher percentage of kicks these days too.  It's like long snapper. People love to talk about the importance of a long snapper too but do you see any team where you think their long snapper stinks these days? 

Archived