EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

My sister had a 240 charger and a Tesla conversion plug (at Tesla charging stations that’s still not their fast charge.) I just went with what she had. BTW, she had solar panels so a fair amount of home charging was cheap.  She didn’t do a home battery system to store electricity.  Huge mistake from my viewpoint.  I sold the home as well as the Bolt.  The plug wiring is a must, in my view.  My electricity is nuclear at this time.  I keep hoping for residential sized wind and then I may adopt that with some American solar.  Don’t want the Chinese panels at this point.

First, I’m gathering that how you inherited the car was because of a loss in family. I was taking it as figurative and not literal.  My condolences :sad: 

Thank you for the clarification. For a second there I thought you had no ability to charge at home, which would make having that car a PITA. 

We went solar as well, which was actually what started us down the path of getting an EV. Depending who you ask, the story is different, but schmoopie did say to me "Do we look into an EV to help maximize the investment?”

Being that said, we got a battery.  Looking back, I wouldn’t do it again, only because of the fact we have not had a blackout that lasted more than 5 minutes in our new home. In our old place, just 10 mins away, we had several multi-day blackouts in 5 years. 

8 hours ago, mattwill said:

It isn't good or bad or sad.  It is evolution.  It is change.  It is human nature.  It is also inevitable.

No.  Some changes are good.  Some changes are bad.  Some changes are just changes. 

The changes to baseball have been bad and have dramatically changed the game, and not in a good way.

For example, a runner starting at 2nd base in extra innings fundamentally changes the nature of extra innings.  Teams don't have to earn a runner in scoring position in extra innings any more.  That changes everything about extras.

3 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

No.  Some changes are good.  Some changes are bad.  Some changes are just changes. 

The changes to baseball have been bad and have dramatically changed the game, and not in a good way.

For example, a runner starting at 2nd base in extra innings fundamentally changes the nature of extra innings.  Teams don't have to earn a runner in scoring position in extra innings any more.  That changes everything about extras.

The runner is extras is probably the only rule change I'm not a fan of.

Pitch clock was entirely necessary with how these divas play the game now. Toss a pitch, called ball, batter steps out for 30 seconds to fix every piece of Fing gear, steps back in. Pitcher would throw to first 4 times in a row, each time batter would step out and fix all their stuff again. On and on every at bat, it was horrible to watch.

Banning shifts: necessary. This isn't the 40s and 50s when dudes threw in the 80s and you could just learn to hit the ball the other way. Pretty much everyone throws gas now, the reaction time for a fastball is like .1 second or something. Just saying "learn to push the ball" isn't really an option.

Idk what else there is but I know those are the two big ones that a lot of people don't like but I understand.

49 minutes ago, devpool said:

Pitch clock was entirely necessary with how these divas play the game now. Toss a pitch, called ball, batter steps out for 30 seconds to fix every piece of Fing gear, steps back in. Pitcher would throw to first 4 times in a row, each time batter would step out and fix all their stuff again. On and on every at bat, it was horrible to watch.

Banning shifts: necessary. This isn't the 40s and 50s when dudes threw in the 80s and you could just learn to hit the ball the other way. Pretty much everyone throws gas now, the reaction time for a fastball is like .1 second or something. Just saying "learn to push the ball" isn't really an option.

Idk what else there is but I know those are the two big ones that a lot of people don't like but I understand.

Agree with you on the pitch clock. Disagree on the shift. Why should defenses not be allowed to position themselves the way they want? If your hitter is so flawed that he can only hit the ball to certain parts of the field, that's his own damn fault.

The pitch clock and the 10th inning extra baserunner have significantly improved baseball. Watching a 16 inning baseball game in August is not a fun experience.

I'm trying to figure this out.  He's looking up at the foul ball the entire time and then bam, it hits him from below.  Did it drop and bounce off something in front of him really fast?  Either way, it couldn't feel good.

Side note...I've never watched a Yankees game...does he really do that every time they win?  I know every announcer has their quirks but boy is that embarrassing to watch.

37 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Agree with you on the pitch clock. Disagree on the shift. Why should defenses not be allowed to position themselves the way they want? If your hitter is so flawed that he can only hit the ball to certain parts of the field, that's his own damn fault.

No problem with the shift. Puts more emphasis on athleticism for infielders, they still shift but it's not so extreme that you can just put traffic cones out there.

1 hour ago, devpool said:

It is.  Plenty of batters can 'go the other way', with the ball.  The reason so many can't, is that they've been brought up to try to hit every pitch out of the ball park.  They are swinging for the fences constantly.  They have had 'launch angle' preached to them. And I don't know that I've seen any batter choke up on the bat with 2 strikes on them, nor really change their approach when they get two strikes where they are just looking to 'put the ball in play', which is where you'd often see guys going the other way, because a 'defensive swing' is almost always going to be pushed to the opposite field.  And that's why there are so many strikeouts now.  

The pitch clock is annoying as anything, and the rules seem to be arbitrarily enforced and no one really knows what they are.  Not to mention that the limited number of 'disengagements' with the batter means that you make stealing bases that much easier.  But, when the pitcher 'disengages' that in itself is a 'baseball move', its not just about being a prima dona or whatever else.  I agree that the delays between pitches had gotten excessive, but they let the pendulum swing far too much in the opposite direction, and now the only sport without a clock, has a clock... and it sucks.

52 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'm trying to figure this out.  He's looking up at the foul ball the entire time and then bam, it hits him from below.  Did it drop and bounce off something in front of him really fast?  Either way, it couldn't feel good.

Side note...I've never watched a Yankees game...does he really do that every time they win?  I know every announcer has their quirks but boy is that embarrassing to watch.

:roll:  Yes - he does that after every win.  F him.

10 pack of questions to pass the time during an NFL lull period:

1. Who plays the most snaps in 2023 out of Jalen Carter, Jordan Davis, Milton Williams?

2. Is 2023 Jason Kelce's final year in the NFL?

3. If Bradberry or Slay get dinged, who's the first CB off the bench to line up outside?

4. Who are the Eagles two starting safeties in week 17(not week 1) assuming health?

5. Who gets the most carries(not catches included) out of the RBs?

6. Is the Eagles starting punter in 2023 currently on the roster?

7. Most Eagles sacks from the EDGE not named Sweat, Reddick, Graham?

8. Does Howie make a notable trade before week 1?

9. Who's 2nd on the Eagles in TE catches behind Goedert?

10. Player most likely to outplay expectations and player most likely to underplay expectations?

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

1. Who plays the most snaps in 2023 out of Jalen Carter, Jordan Davis, Milton Williams? CARTER

2. Is 2023 Jason Kelce's final year in the NFL? NO

3. If Bradberry or Slay get dinged, who's the first CB off the bench to line up outside? GREEDY

4. Who are the Eagles two starting safeties in week 17(not week 1) assuming health? EDMUNDS AND GHOST 

5. Who gets the most carries(not catches included) out of the RBs? SWIFT

6. Is the Eagles starting punter in 2023 currently on the roster? JESUS I HOPE NOT

7. Most Eagles sacks from the EDGE not named Sweat, Reddick, Graham? SMITH

8. Does Howie make a notable trade before week 1? YES

9. Who's 2nd on the Eagles in TE catches behind Goedert? CALCATERRA

10. Player most likely to outplay expectations and player most likely to underplay expectations? SWIFT, REDDICK

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Who do you think he's trading for before week 1?

5 hours ago, RLC said:

For those of who you want to attend!

I get instant flashbacks of Stewart Bradley blowing his knee out anytime I see something like this. I think they called it Flight Night back then? Think it was back in like 2008/2009. 

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

1. Who plays the most snaps in 2023 out of Jalen Carter, Jordan Davis, Milton Williams?

3. If Bradberry or Slay get dinged, who's the first CB off the bench to line up outside?

4. Who are the Eagles two starting safeties in week 17(not week 1) assuming health?

10. Player most likely to outplay expectations and player most likely to underplay expectations?

1. Carter

2. Yes

3. McPhearson

4. Blankenship and Edmunds

5. Penny

6. Siposs

7. Barnett

8. Yes

9. Calcaterra

10. Outplay: Penny Underplay: Nakobe

16 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Sign him

RG of the future. 

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

1. Carter

2. No

3. Ringo

4. Blankenship and Brown

5. Gainwell

6. No

7. Barnett

8. No

9. Calcaterra

10. Outplay: Blankenship.  Underplay: Reddick.

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

10 pack of questions to pass the time during an NFL lull period:  Alrighty!

1. Who plays the most snaps in 2023 out of Jalen Carter, Jordan Davis, Milton Williams? Jordan Davis

2. Is 2023 Jason Kelce's final year in the NFL? My head says yes but my heart says yes but sadder.  

3. If Bradberry or Slay get dinged, who's the first CB off the bench to line up outside? Greedy Williams

4. Who are the Eagles two starting safeties in week 17(not week 1) assuming health? Edmunds and Blankenship

5. Who gets the most carries(not catches included) out of the RBs? Swift

6. Is the Eagles starting punter in 2023 currently on the roster? Unfortunately yes

7. Most Eagles sacks from the EDGE not named Sweat, Reddick, Graham? Nolan Smith 

8. Does Howie make a notable trade before week 1? I think so

9. Who's 2nd on the Eagles in TE catches behind Goedert? Calcaterra

10. Player most likely to outplay expectations and player most likely to underplay expectations? Greedy Williams will outplay and Darius Slay will underplay

Alrighty!

1.  Jordan Davis

2. My head says yes but my heart says yes but sadder.  

3.  Greedy Williams

4. Edmunds and Blankenship

5.  Swift

6. Unfortunately yes

7.  Nolan Smith 

8. I think so

9. Calcaterra

10.  Greedy Williams will outplay and Darius Slay will underplay

Archived