EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

5 hours ago, mattwill said:

No sadder than an iPhone. Or an electric car.  Or Oat Milk.

You just decried three other things that are equally sad right now.  Well done.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the Super Bowl, Sanders had 26 snaps and seven carries for 16 yards. (He did fumble out of bounds on the opening play from scrimmage, which could have played into his playing time.) Sanders admits it was disappointing to stand and watch as the Eagles lost to the Chiefs. "Last game of the season? For all of the marbles? Everybody can answer that question,” Sanders said, via Steve Reed of the Associated Press. "If they put themselves in my shoes, would they be happy? I don’t want to make headlines, [but] if it does, I don’t care.” Sanders signed with the Panthers in free agency, but he said the frustration of not playing more in the Super Bowl wasn’t the reason he left Philadelphia. "I can get into that another day, maybe,” Sanders said. "Maybe you should ask them why I’m moving here.”

Don’t fumble the first carry? 

10 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I can’t take anyone seriously when they assert that the green the Eagles used in 2010 was actually good. Yeah, they were green. No doubt about that. But it wasn’t the correct green for the Philadelphia Eagles.

We need the return of the blue and yellow. 

24 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Don’t fumble the first carry? 

Don’t come a split-second and official review away from fumbling away a TD in addition?

Latest BGN pid they are saying the rookie QB looks much better than Carson Strong dif last year.

10 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I can’t take anyone seriously when they assert that the green the Eagles used in 2010 was actually good. Yeah, they were green. No doubt about that. But it wasn’t the correct green for the Philadelphia Eagles.

It looked great regardless if it matched a historic jersey color.

37 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Don’t come a split-second and official review away from fumbling away a TD in addition?

Frankly, I have no issues with Miles fumbling a lot this year. Well except for September 18, November 19 and December 10. I’d like to see the Panthers win those games. I would like him to start and play all season long. 

6 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You just decried three other things that are equally sad right now.  Well done.

Sad?

1 hour ago, WentzFan11 said:

We need the return of the blue and yellow. 

I would love to see that.  Really liked those unis. 

28 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I would love to see that.  Really liked those unis. 

Man, you and Kevin Curtis might be the only people that actually liked those. 

29 minutes ago, QuinnWR4 said:

Man, you and Kevin Curtis might be the only people that actually liked those. 

They were electric.  Vibrant.  Plus they were my two favorite colors. 

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Latest BGN pid they are saying the rookie QB looks much better than Carson Strong dif last year.

He is, and he had possibly the worst line in college. I think he could be the AJ feeley of the 2020s. Look good in spot duty and pull in a 2 someday down the line. I’m thinking Jets. 

When’s the first home pre season game? I’m ready to fight bacarty again. His kid better not cry this year 

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I really dont think thats it. 

Theres no way they are being sold before the team unveils them. If some store accidentally put them out early, and its this widely publicized, Nike and the League would have them pull them until the official reveal. 

The fact that these are still being sold, and posted all over twitter for 2 days now, with no official event from the team is further proof that these are not it.

18 hours ago, mattwill said:

No sadder than an iPhone. Or an electric car.  Or Oat Milk.

I like my EV :sad:

1 hour ago, paco said:

I like my EV :sad:

I like your EV too.  I’m not sure why @Iggles_Phan has a hard on about EV’s … or iPhones.  He may have an argument in his Oat Milk hate though.

I think we could see a situation where Chiefs-Eagles play in 3 straight Super Bowls.  If the Eagles win the second one then it sets up probably the most hyped Super Bowl in NFL history for the best of 3 tie breaker.  If Eagles end up 2-1 in Super Bowls over the Chiefs over the next 2 seasons then Jalen will have stake to best QB of his era claim.  Especially if he gets league MVP at least once and wins both Super Bowl MVPs on top of his already unbelievable performance in the 1st Super Bowl.  

6 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I really dont think thats it. 

Theres no way they are being sold before the team unveils them. If some store accidentally put them out early, and its this widely publicized, Nike and the League would have them pull them until the official reveal. 

The fact that these are still being sold, and posted all over twitter for 2 days now, with no official event from the team is further proof that these are not it.

There’s also weird stuff like it’s only youth size that’s being sold and the picture posted has tags with Nike 2015 copyrights 

57 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I like your EV too.  I’m not sure why @Iggles_Phan has a hard on about EV’s … or iPhones.  He may have an argument in his Oat Milk hate though.

I inherited my sister’s electric car (a Bolt) and hated it.  Couldn’t sell it quick enough.  Constantly watching the gauge to see whether I had enough remaining battery.  Choice of heat or mileage in winter was a pain. In my gas car, I could easily go from Houston to her place at Canyon Lake (northwest of San Antonio) on a tank of gas with miles to spare. The Bolt required a charge to make it although a quick charge would just make it.  My cousin’s Tesla has had major failures. I have had my Hondas longer with no issue although I do have to have the fluids changed and he only fills his windshield wiper.  He now owns two cars, one gas car for road trips and the Tesla for in town (Houston).  With no commute or traffic, electric makes no sense for me.  Other than carbon footprint. But on months I am not traveling, one vehicle gets filled about every three months and my main vehicle usually no more than once a month, if not six weeks. 

But electric is rarely carbon free.  Let’s be real about the environmental damage done mining the minerals that go into electrics too.  

It is a bit worrisome with the Eagles opening the season on the road in New England that BB is spending all this time game planning for the Eagles offense.  That's going to be a big test out of the gate for an offense that likely won't get much of any preseason play at all.  

6 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I think we could see a situation where Chiefs-Eagles play in 3 straight Super Bowls.  If the Eagles win the second one then it sets up probably the most hyped Super Bowl in NFL history for the best of 3 tie breaker.  If Eagles end up 2-1 in Super Bowls over the Chiefs over the next 2 seasons then Jalen will have stake to best QB of his era claim.  Especially if he gets league MVP at least once and wins both Super Bowl MVPs on top of his already unbelievable performance in the 1st Super Bowl.  

Think you’re getting a bit Carried away 

Archived