Connecticut Eagle

31 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

RG of the future. 

We need more freakbeasts!!!  :flex: 

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Who do you think he's trading for before week 1?

Pat Mahomes

8 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

No.  Some changes are good.  Some changes are bad.  Some changes are just changes. 

The changes to baseball have been bad and have dramatically changed the game, and not in a good way.

For example, a runner starting at 2nd base in extra innings fundamentally changes the nature of extra innings.  Teams don't have to earn a runner in scoring position in extra innings any more.  That changes everything about extras.

I agree 100% that changes come in all sorts and types.  In addition, over time a change morph in its impact.

Your extra innings runner example is interesting.  Why is "fundamentally changes the nature of …” by definition bad  … especially in a game.  That appears to be giving that game a significance that far exceeds the very nature of it as a game.  Further, since baseball is nothing more than a form of entertainment, one has to ask whether the change eliminated the entertainment value or simply morphed that value from one form into another.

With that said, let’s agree to disagree.  To not do so would be sad.

3 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

10 pack of questions to pass the time during an NFL lull period:

1. Who plays the most snaps in 2023 out of Jalen Carter, Jordan Davis, Milton Williams?

2. Is 2023 Jason Kelce's final year in the NFL?

3. If Bradberry or Slay get dinged, who's the first CB off the bench to line up outside?

4. Who are the Eagles two starting safeties in week 17(not week 1) assuming health?

5. Who gets the most carries(not catches included) out of the RBs?

6. Is the Eagles starting punter in 2023 currently on the roster?

7. Most Eagles sacks from the EDGE not named Sweat, Reddick, Graham?

8. Does Howie make a notable trade before week 1?

9. Who's 2nd on the Eagles in TE catches behind Goedert?

10. Player most likely to outplay expectations and player most likely to underplay expectations?

1. Carter. This isn’t a situational NT situation like JD… I believe they took him to be a full time 3-tech from day 1. May even start next to Cox

2. No, he’ll wait longer to decide, but still come back just before the draft

3. Greedy

4. Brown and Edmunds

5. Swift

6. Yes, we’ll resort to Siposs again

7. Barnett, he’ll get 5-7 and pick us up a decent comp pick. Teams will see him as a 1st rounder who just unfortunately played at a loaded position, a la Dillard

8. Yes

9. Calconcussion

10. Carter, half the NFL thinks he’ll be in prison by week 10, but he’ll win DROY. And the other is Slay, Bradberry will be hands down our best DB by year’s end

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

1. Who plays the most snaps in 2023 out of Jalen Carter, Jordan Davis, Milton Williams? Carter

2. Is 2023 Jason Kelce's final year in the NFL? No

3. If Bradberry or Slay get dinged, who's the first CB off the bench to line up outside? Too early to tell

4. Who are the Eagles two starting safeties in week 17(not week 1) assuming health?  Too early to tell

5. Who gets the most carries(not catches included) out of the RBs? Swift

6. Is the Eagles starting punter in 2023 currently on the roster? No

7. Most Eagles sacks from the EDGE not named Sweat, Reddick, Graham?  Smith

8. Does Howie make a notable trade before week 1? No

9. Who's 2nd on the Eagles in TE catches behind Goedert?  Stoll

10. Player most likely to outplay expectations and player most likely to underplay expectations? Elliss and Dorenbos

I see The Athletic has trimmed a lot of their fat.  Any word if they got rid of that bum Bo Wulfe?

If Nick Sirianni wins at least 12 games this year, he’ll have the 9th greatest winning percentage in NFL history amongst coaches with at least 50 games coached. If he wins 15 games, he jumps up to 4th alltime

Kind of random, but interesting

30 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

that dog is orange. 

It's not even a dog, it's a drawing

36 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

that dog is orange. 

So is their helmet.  🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

1. Who plays the most snaps in 2023 out of Jalen Carter, Jordan Davis, Milton Williams?

I badly want it to be Williams, who I fear will be overlooked, yet deserves attention.  But they do show some bias towards seniority, so I'll go against the grain and say Milton.

Yes.

3. If Bradberry or Slay get dinged, who's the first CB off the bench to line up outside?

Mcphearson.  They value experience and seniority in the defense (even with a new DC).  

4. Who are the Eagles two starting safeties in week 17(not week 1) assuming health?

Edmunds, Blankenship.  They'll make Brown earn it slowly over the course of the year.

It'll be Swift if healthy.  Overall, I suppose he ends up with the most carries...probably 2nd to Hurts though.

Siposs.  Boring, I know, but probably his job to do and he'll do just enough to not lose it.

Nolan Smith.

No.

Calcaterra.

10. Player most likely to outplay expectations and player most likely to underplay expectations?

Outplay: Quez Watkins.  He's better than last year and far better than someone who has evolved into the whipping boy.

Underplay: Carter.  When was the last time the Eagles had a 1st or 2nd round defensive rookie meet expectations and meaningfully contribute?  We might have to go back decades.  Carter may, eventually, be all the hype and more.  But I wouldn't expect it instantly.  

4 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

1. Carter

2. Yes

3. Greedy Williams

4. Edmunds and Brown

5. Swift

6. Zentner

7. Nolan Smith

8. No

9. Dan Arnold

10. Outplay: Zaccheaus, underplay: Bradberry

Wish the NFL Network still did the Top 100 players series in June instead of pushing it to August.  August has preseason football and training camp to keep my NFL thirsts satisfied.  June has nothing.  

A lot of people saying Greedy.  I don't think he makes the 53 man roster.  

6 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I'm trying to figure this out.  He's looking up at the foul ball the entire time and then bam, it hits him from below.  Did it drop and bounce off something in front of him really fast?  Either way, it couldn't feel good.

Side note...I've never watched a Yankees game...does he really do that every time they win?  I know every announcer has their quirks but boy is that embarrassing to watch.

It’s a question of depth perception.  As a foul ball climbs it will reach its apex and the trajectory will flatten out.  As that happens it creates the perception of accelerating if you’re in its path — much like a football falling back down to earth after a punt.  The greater velocity off the bat the more perceived acceleration involved.  The fact he wears eyeglasses points to his depth perception being suboptimal 

5 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

1. Who plays the most snaps in 2023 out of Jalen Carter, Jordan Davis, Milton Williams?  Carter

2. Is 2023 Jason Kelce's final year in the NFL?  Yes

3. If Bradberry or Slay get dinged, who's the first CB off the bench to line up outside?  Ringo  

4. Who are the Eagles two starting safeties in week 17(not week 1) assuming health?  Edmunds and Brown 

5. Who gets the most carries(not catches included) out of the RBs?  Swift

6. Is the Eagles starting punter in 2023 currently on the roster?  Yes

7. Most Eagles sacks from the EDGE not named Sweat, Reddick, Graham?  Smith

8. Does Howie make a notable trade before week 1?  Yes

9. Who's 2nd on the Eagles in TE catches behind Goedert?  Calcaterra 

10. Player most likely to outplay expectations and player most likely to underplay expectations?  Brown and Slay 

39 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

AJ Brown outperform 1500 yard season? Or Sydney Brown outperform rookie 3rd round pick status? 

45 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

AJ Brown outperform 1500 yard season? Or Sydney Brown outperform rookie 3rd round pick status? 

Sydney.  I think AJ Brown misses a few games with injury this year.

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Wish the NFL Network still did the Top 100 players series in June instead of pushing it to August.  August has preseason football and training camp to keep my NFL thirsts satisfied.  June has nothing.  

I can find 100 other things that I’d rather entertain myself with than looking at a top 100 player list. 

I’d rather watch an @hputenis horror flick 

7 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Carter. He's the most versatile of the 3.

Yes. I think the goal is 1 more 1st Team All Pro to solidify his HOF case and continue building his media career. Another year after would be pushing his luck.

Ringo. I think he separates himself immediately from the rest of the group.

Brown and Edmonds

Swift

Yes.

Barnett, and I don't think the number will be more than 4.

Yes. LB or S.

Calcaterra

Assuming full health, I'll go with Jalen Hurts as a passer. Swift's stock is at an all-time low now, but he's a massive upgrade over Sanders, especially as a receiver. Combine that with YAC god Goedert and another year of Brown/Smith, the numbers could get silly.

Underperform, I'll go Nolan Smith as a pass rusher. He has the bend and the speed to be a big time sack guy some day, but I don't think he'll get there this year.

This is one of the most pathetic basketball performances I've ever seen.  

Archived