EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

If RBs keep being devalued, maybe you end up seeing a transition in the future where no one is a true RB (because everyone refuses to play the position), and you just have a bunch of WRs out there who can excel at carrying the ball like Cordarrell Patterson, and Deebo Samuel. Maybe soon to be Laviska Shenault...

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

If you could do the 2023 offseason over again, which would you pick?

Fletcher Cox 10m$ AAV

James Bradberry 13m$ AAV 

Brandon Graham 6m$ AAV

OR

Javon Hargrave 21m$ AAV

CJGJ 8m$ AAV

Door One

33 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I’m hoping they actually sell them authentics and not just replicas. Nike kind of did that with the nba city edition jerseys. A lot of teams don’t have authentics but only swingman/replica. Some teams decided to sell both. Sixers for a couple years only sold swingman online 

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

Is that 100% it, or just a merchandise-only Throwback?

2 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Is that 100% it, or just a fun store only Throwback?

Im guessing that is NOT it. 

Its a brighter version of the Kelly green like we used in the Vick era. They seem to be talking about going back to the older, darker color this time.

Additionally, and I think the bigger hint that its not it, is that it doesnt use the new work mark. I suspect that will be appearing under the NFL logo on the real ones once they are released. 

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im guessing that is NOT it. 

Its a brighter version of the Kelly green like we used in the Vick era. They seem to be talking about going back to the older, darker color this time.

Additionally, and I think the bigger hint that its not it, is that it doesnt use the new work mark. I suspect that will be appearing under the NFL logo on the real ones once they are released. 

Main thing that tipped me off is that the 2010 version was not a throwback, but simply an alternate Jersey in Kelly green. It had no throwback logos on it at all. The helmet was, but the jersey was just a generic KG Jersey with white numbers on it.

This year’s announcement was also simply referred to as jerseys with the "classic Kelly green,” making the old bird logo on the sleeve suspicious

I hate the shenanigans of modern baseball.  A reliever starts the game... comes out after facing 3 hitters and throwing 14 pitches, with only 1 runner on.  

48 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I think that's it.  I like the color better on the 2010 version but those Reeboks didn't have the old Eagle logo on the shoulder so that's nice.  How the helmets will look is the last crucial piece and then pants to a lesser extent.  Wouldn't make sense to me for Nike to release some merchandise only kelly green throwback the same summer they are releasing the long awaited kelly green alts.  

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I’d say it’s not officially it. There’s not even a Captains patch which they would certainly have on a Hurts Jersey. Maybe it ends up looking similar, but that looks like a run of the mill merchandise throwback. 

21 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’d say it’s not officially it. There’s not even a Captains patch which they would certainly have on a Hurts Jersey. Maybe it ends up looking similar, but that looks like a run of the mill merchandise throwback. 

Yea, but the thing is, Nike hasn't been selling any Hurts 90s throwback from what I'm aware of.  Sure, you can buy former Eagles throwbacks but they don't sell current players.  Am I wrong on that?  Can anyone find an example of Nike actually having current players for sale in the 90s jersey?

33 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Could that just be because they haven’t officially announced 2023 captains (even if hurts is a slam dunk)?

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I hate the shenanigans of modern baseball.  A reliever starts the game... comes out after facing 3 hitters and throwing 14 pitches, with only 1 runner on.  

How is that shenanigans?  It probably was good resource management.  The reliever was probably slated for a pitching day, and this guaranteed that he got those pitches in.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They haven't picked the captains for this season yet.  Unless you're suggesting that the captain voting process is facetious.  I hear that Britain Covey is the front runner right now for lead dawg.  

48 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Either this is real or this hoax will likely force the hand of the Eagles to revealing it soon to shut this down.  Or Don Smolenski has planted a fake jersey to the media to create hype and anticipation for the real jersey and get people talking about it in the leadup.  

39 minutes ago, mattwill said:

How is that shenanigans?  It probably was good resource management.  The reliever was probably slated for a pitching day, and this guaranteed that he got those pitches in.

It was a bullpen game, but yes, it's shenanigans.   "openers" now sometimes.  A starter that can't pitch the first inning, so you start him in inning 2.   The "opener" tonight was a lefty and he faced Schwarber and Harper, then they pulled him after 14 pitches.  He wasn't in trouble, he wasn't fatigued, but they pulled him because that was the plan all along.  Just overmanaging foolishly with the pitchers, because managers don't actually have to think about when to pinch hit for a pitcher anymore with the DH for everyone.  

Long gone are the days of just handing the ball to a guy every 5th day and letting him go to work.  Now its all analytics, load management, maximum effort for 5+ innings.  No hitters are so rare now because these pitchers lose the ability to pitch more than 6+ innings.  And they don't even need to get pulled to extend rallies anymore.  Sad.

39 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Tbh i am still on the budda baker trade if they can get him for a reason price from the cardinals. Baker wants and likely needs a new contract as he has little guaranteed money on his deal this and next year. So you were likely going to give him an extension when he comes and you can make it a lower cap number doing it and andding avoidable years. Plus he’s only 27 years old. So you have an all pro caliber safety in his prime and if Sydney brown develops over the next two years into what you think then safety tandem is set for at least the next 5 years. baker is also a really respected guy in the locker room and good leader 

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

They aren't going to toss the current eagles logo on the kelly green this season.  At least I hope they wouldn't.  Current Eagles logo wouldn't fit at all.

16765252343098.jpg

The great 2010 Kelly Green alt by Reebok in retrospect was actually kind of lazy.  No logo on the shoulders just the Reebok symbol.  But they killed it on the color and whoever handled the helmet design also nailed it.  to say it won't be potential throwback logo with Nike because Reebok went no logo at all but their own logo instead just doesn't tell the story to come.  This is likely the alt jersey from Nike.  Probably intentionally released like this.  Let's  wait to see how it looks with the helmet and jersey.

maxresdefault.jpg

nfl_a_kolbts_300.jpg

(multiple career trajectories occurred due to the play in the above image)

Something I've been working threw these past few weekends is getting all in and settled in on all sorts of what you know you know it is what you know at an hour that is now and then I rematch the NFL YouTube game recaps week1  thru Super Bowl.  Onto the Texans game tonight.  String of 3 game **** game stretch.  But I recall a blow for bow sort of game and then in the second half they took over.  

Tua is my MVP favorite for 2023.  Easy big money right now.  I still threw some on Jalen but Tua, watch out.  Epsecially now before they add Cook.  

15 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Deep?  

The guy who tweeted that is an Eagles fan with a small YouTube following. He doesn’t have sources.

E11B0BF8-7C0A-48CF-8413-8E977D5F4C05.png

I can’t take anyone seriously when they assert that the green the Eagles used in 2010 was actually good. Yeah, they were green. No doubt about that. But it wasn’t the correct green for the Philadelphia Eagles.

3 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It was a bullpen game, but yes, it's shenanigans.   "openers" now sometimes.  A starter that can't pitch the first inning, so you start him in inning 2.   The "opener" tonight was a lefty and he faced Schwarber and Harper, then they pulled him after 14 pitches.  He wasn't in trouble, he wasn't fatigued, but they pulled him because that was the plan all along.  Just overmanaging foolishly with the pitchers, because managers don't actually have to think about when to pinch hit for a pitcher anymore with the DH for everyone.  

Long gone are the days of just handing the ball to a guy every 5th day and letting him go to work.  Now its all analytics, load management, maximum effort for 5+ innings.  No hitters are so rare now because these pitchers lose the ability to pitch more than 6+ innings.  And they don't even need to get pulled to extend rallies anymore.  Sad.

No sadder than an iPhone. Or an electric car.  Or Oat Milk.

Archived