Hate to say it…. Hurts got paid. He’s done

uncphillyfan

10 hours ago, NOTW said:

This thread is going to be up there with the Lesean McCoy is a bust.  :roll:

I'm old enough to remember when Jason Kelce was an undersized waste of a 6th round pick.

3 hours ago, VeeMak said:

@EagleVA don’t waste your breath with @NOTW.  He has taken up a stupid crusade to shame, vilify, demonize or ridicule anyone who dares come to TATE critical of Eagles players, especially Jalen Hurts. 

Tell @NOTW to get his own shtick! :furious:

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

Other team's players.

So Philly fans are harsh on bad play by players from other teams.....Gotcha!!

I would think we'd cheer for bad play of our opponent's players.....I mean really, who gives a hoot about players from other teams. 

15 hours ago, VeeMak said:

@EagleVA don’t waste your breath with @NOTW.  He has taken up a stupid crusade to shame, vilify, demonize or ridicule anyone who dares come to TATE critical of Eagles players, especially Jalen Hurts.  

It basically boils down to personalities, guys that reside on the fence can't deal with with those that have strong personalities who speak their minds with no concern about what others think of their analysis.

I've told NOTW several times he's resides on the fence although I was a little more harsh with him, I think I called him ball-less. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, time2rock said:

And now back to our regularly scheduled program …

IMG_8634.jpeg

I had a look at the MVP odds last night. Mahomes is currently the fave and Hurts is a close second. I think it was something like $3.50 for Mahomes and $4 for Hurts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

It basically boils down to personalities, guys that reside on the fence can't deal with with those that have strong personalities who speak their minds with no concern about what others think of their analysis.

I've told NOTW several times he's resides on the fence although I was a little more harsh with him, I think I called him ball-less. 

Nah.  I've called for players to be benched, coaches to be fired, etc.  "Strong personalities" to you means contrarian just to be contrarian, or having the worst possible takes about players like DeVonta Smith.

2 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

I think Jalen read this thread

He doesn't need to pay rent. He got paid, he's done. Remember? 

:roll:

• Haha 3

You guys remember when I said he'd never amount to anything? I might have been slightly, just a little, just a tad, WRONG!!! He's doing well, all QB's have down days and games. The good ones come back from it. We got ourselves one of the best. Hope the ankle is healing up.

O captain! My captain! Lead us to victory!!!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Nah.  I've called for players to be benched, coaches to be fired, etc.  "Strong personalities" to you means contrarian just to be contrarian, or having the worst possible takes about players like DeVonta Smith.

That "worst possible take" is my opinion, so what if it's contrary to what the majority thinks, I've told you a 1001 times, I'm not a group thinker, I use my brain to come to my own conclusions, you should try it sometimes.  If you come to a conclusion that doesn't agree with the group, have the balls to let others know what you think.

29 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I use my brain to come to my own conclusions, 

Laughing GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

• Haha 7

23 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Why do you post here if you don’t care what people think about you posting here?

Its not called antisocial media

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Why do you post here if you don’t care what people think about you posting here?

Its not called antisocial media

I post here to share my opinions, it's whether or not anyone cares about my opinions that I don't care about.

To me, your antisocial comment means if you don't socialize with group think you're being antisocial.

Sorry, I don't do group think, I have a brain and I use it, sometimes the majority agrees with my posts, sometimes they don't and I'm not deterred from further posts when the majority disagrees with my opinions..

15 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I post here to share my opinions, it's whether or not anyone cares about my opinions that I don't care about.

To me, your antisocial comment means if you don't socialize with group think you're being antisocial.

Sorry, I don't do group think, I have a brain and I use it, sometimes the majority agrees with my posts, sometimes they don't and I'm not deterred from further posts when the majority disagrees with my opinions..

I don't mind people having different opinions, but when debating an opinion, I prefer they back it up with substance. If their opinion is a certain player gets way too many penalties, then they should be able to show that the player has more than what is the average for the position. If the claim is a player drops everything, then he should lead the NFL in drops and/or drop rate. If the claim is a certain WR is a carbon copy of another WR that is a fringe player, then when their production is compared, one shouldn't have nearly twice the yards per reception and YAC. Also, this is a visual sport with unlimited social media resources. It's usually not hard to find and provide a video clip to demonstrate something that can back up your stance or claim. 

52 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Your apology is accepted because I’m a nice guy.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I don't mind people having different opinions, but when debating an opinion, I prefer they back it up with substance. If their opinion is a certain player gets way too many penalties, then they should be able to show that the player has more than what is the average for the position. If the claim is a player drops everything, then he should lead the NFL in drops and/or drop rate. If the claim is a certain WR is a carbon copy of another WR that is a fringe player, then when their production is compared, one shouldn't have nearly twice the yards per reception and YAC. Also, this is a visual sport with unlimited social media resources. It's usually not hard to find and provide a video clip to demonstrate something that can back up your stance or claim. 

You cherry pick stats to what you deem as acceptable according to your opinions. 😂

Shaky start, but Hurts is picking it up the last few games. Seems pretty clear that teams were starting to give him looks he hasn’t seen, taking away what he did great last year, so it took some time to adjust and counter that.

With how great he was last year it’s easy to forget he’s still only 25 years old. 

So Jalen has the Eagles at 8-1, is the current MVP favourite with 22 TDS and is doing this with a pretty bad knee injury.

Anyone who thinks he is or was done is a genuine idiot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s time for some people to stop waiting for their moment to trash Jalen. Jalen is the quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles no matter how salty that makes some of you. The guy just goes out there and wins football games. The types of games this team used to lose on a regular. How many times has this team gone 8-1 in consecutive seasons? If you’re still too clueless to realize Jalen is the catalyst for that then perhaps you should find yourself a new team.

• Like 4