EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 hours ago, ManuManu said:

I wonder how about his back injury sapping some flexibility. He often looks stiff out there. 

I think he looks pretty good for a developing player, sets up a little too deep ( but the whole OL does too ) and sometimes unsure who to pickup but yeah I’m in the fan club. How does he look in the All 22 ?  

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

you cant go back to wentz the rest of this year. you killed what ever confidence he had left, you just smashed the sheet out of it.

And i have serious doubts you can get him back playing well on this team, def not for this coaching staff, not behind this oline throwing to these wrs.

that was a move of desperation by Doug trying to save his job

so now we need to find a way to move wentz and start the franchise qb search all over again.  Howie and Doug broke a legitimate MVP type franchise qb to the point he needs to move on to rebound. Congrats

He looks slower and a lot less intuitive but of course that part I could put on the coaching staff, I think if he took deeper drops he could see the field better and give him a little more time, he has no room in that itsy bitsy pocket. 5th year guy should know what feels right for him and get the coaches on board so that’s on him. Right now he is just panicking and unsure of himself ... I remember 2016 and 17

7 hours ago, schuy7 said:

This team just has absolutely no direction. The Eagle fandom is being pulled out of me this season. 

Yeah, rudderless. I feel ya

7 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

lol yeah cause finding legit MVP type franchise type qbs is easy and we done it soo many times in my lifetime.

this is just an idiotic take. 

we are doomed for years to come

That freak injury really took him from elite to just above average, not as loose very unfortunate

Did Doug say anything about the plans at QB for next week? Did he suggest he will consider this week or did he outright say Wentz will start again?

7 hours ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Fine I won't use the word hymie. How about money-grabbers, money-huggers, usurers?

HaHa, you probably work for this guy. Just take the L ... I mean 2 L’s

51BD9119-6E62-418B-9489-0D9A62920F6B.jpeg

5 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

Giants beat them with a nobody QB and held Russell Wilson to 12 points. I'm scared. Really only 10 as 2 came off a safety.

We know you are. 

4 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

be true

I mean I won’t deny it’s possible this could happen, I’m also not going to take too much stock in a guy breaking Eagles news with less than 2,000 followers. 

8 hours ago, eagle45 said:

One lesson to learn from Howie’s bad contracts (and from players around the league like Dak and Clowney)...

Football is an increasingly fickle sport.  Careers are getting shorter and shorter.  Excellence is harder to sustain.

It used to be smart to lock up a player as soon as they broke out...”they will only get more expensive, lock them up now.”  That philosophy has burned this team horribly.

There is a reason the players hate not getting early extensions.  Do not extend any player until they are COMPLETING the last year of their contract.

For every player that gets more expensive, 10 will fall off, tear something, get figured out by the league, miss games and get cheaper.

No early extensions.  For anyone. 

Like to know relatively speaking how bad this team is nagged by injuries ( seems to be a trend ) compared to the rest of the league say based on both where a guy was drafted if on their rookie contract and based on salary cap hit for the vets. Sure will never find a viable analysis. Hindsight, The Jackson brothers were terrible pickups last season. Predominantly running the 12, whose idea is that and is it by design or because we happen to have 2 decent TE’s ? Howie does find some decent bargain basement players UDFA’s and waiver wire guys. Rasul, Sidney and a few others we let go recently having some success elsewhere. He is good at manipulating the salary cap. There are a lot of questions. Seems like a lot to put all on his shoulders. It’s ok to be arrogant if you are winning. No sense cutting your nose off to spite your face if he has learned his lesson

DP up until this year kept the boat afloat even when we were beyond salvation and I like his aggressive style even if it looks like a mistake this year. Running the 12 his idea or Howie forced it on him ?  Does he resent having his staff assigned to him ? 

Wentz, you are pretty much stuck with considering the significant investment. 

Lurie gots lotsa figurin’ to do. If either there is a great HC or GM candidate then you remove and replace. Brooks and Lane be back next season

8 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

If the eagles did this I would legitimately stop being a fan for good. 

You would have never made it past some of the idiot owners in the old days

5 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

There are so many things wrong. Guys don't know their assignments. Wentz is locking on to guys.  No accountability. I don't think the coaches are getting through to these guys.

I wonder what they look at on film.

13 minutes ago, greend said:

You would have never made it past some of the idiot owners in the old days

I was just acting emotional when I said that, but it’d be really hard to root for Eagles for those two years. No QB to be excited about at all & no first round picks. Not like the current situation is any much better. 
I’ve never read up much on Owners before Lurie, but common sentiment I get from older fans was that it was really bad. 

7 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Is he though? Reports seem to indicate otherwise. 

Benching Wentz is also a Lurie decision, I should add. 

Maybe Lurie is trying to protect Wentz from this wreck

Not sure how Howie is responsible for how bad Wentz is playing although not finding a better alternative to JP he can’t run from

6 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

No idea how Carson missed Ward on that play...he was looking right at him and had all-day-long to throw.  Would have been an easy 1st down.

That said, what's up with Baldy's voice?  He sounds like he's on the back-end of a 3 day bender.  :lol:

Mailata missed an assignment, Scott missed his blitz pickup, Reagor and Scott collide in the backfield and Wentz missed a wide open Ward.

4 plays, 4 different screw ups, only 1 was on Wentz, but that was your focus.   When its that bad... its not the players, its the coaches.  Sure, the players share their responsibilty, but you cant cut them all, at least not immediately.  The coaches, on the other hand, aren't a cap issue.  They need to go.

6 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Wentz is not down the list of things wrong with this team. All the other stuff is true. The talent isn’t there, the coaching isn’t great, etc, but it’s also true Wentz has been arguably the worst starting QB in the NFL this season. That’s a reality. He’s been awful and at least on the field, the biggest reason the Eagles have 3 wins right now. Not by a wide margin, but he’s been brutal.

The question is can he get back to 2017 level. I don’t think anyone knows the answer to that question. But He’s shown no indication of that this season.

Very fair assessment 👍

3 hours ago, The guy in France said:

That freak injury really took him from elite to just above average, not as loose very unfortunate

you think the injury did that? and not the bad oline and crappy wrs who dont get open, cant catch when it hits them in the hands?

18 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Mailata missed an assignment, Scott missed his blitz pickup, Reagor and Scott collide in the backfield and Wentz missed a wide open Ward.

4 plays, 4 different screw ups, only 1 was on Wentz, but that was your focus.   When its that bad... its not the players, its the coaches.  Sure, the players share their responsibilty, but you cant cut them all, at least not immediately.  The coaches, on the other hand, aren't a cap issue.  They need to go.

yup.....   some people only focus on the qb.  You see the reality of it

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

yup.....   some people only focus on the qb.  You see the reality of it

The reality of it is that this is a bad team. Carson isn't at fault for the defensive lapses and issues. Carson isn't at fault (though I guess he could be partly responsible) for not sticking to the run game. Carson isn't at fault for the dog ish for the most part at WR or the issues along the OL. People putting it all on Carson have an agenda that they won't budge from.

That said, he has been the biggest issue on the field this year. He's only really had 1 good game and even that was helped by the fact that at one point the score was getting out of hand and the opposition changed their approach. 

5 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

be true

If he leaves Lurie should pick his brain as to what he felt went wrong even if he has to point fingers, just the 2 alone in a room

15 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

you think the injury did that? and not the bad oline and crappy wrs who dont get open, cant catch when it hits them in the hands?

The freak injury or DP changing his style of play and play calling to protect him, he doesn’t play near as loose as back in the day

Go out on a limb here but if the O was more potent and could control the game more this D would look so much better. Yeah I’m talking about scoring more and far less 3 and outs, puts more pressure on the oppositions O and makes them more predictable

6 minutes ago, The guy in France said:

The freak injury or DP changing his style of play and play calling to protect him, he doesn’t play near as loose as back in the day

and you think its because of injury and not because of the bad oline and wrs he learned not to trust? 

thats where we differ. i kmow the oline and wrs are bad, any qb would lose faith in them given time. 

39 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Of course Wentz is the focus. He's making $30M a year as your franchise QB and best player to not only NOT screw up every play but have a net positive effect on the offense. 

This notion that we should be equally upset over the mistakes of a rookie WR and backup OL is mind boggling. 

16 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

Of course Wentz is the focus. He's making $30M a year as your franchise QB and best player to not only NOT screw up every play but have a net positive effect on the offense. 

This notion that we should be equally upset over the mistakes of a rookie WR and backup OL is mind boggling. 

You clearly didn't understand the focus of my ire.  Or, you assumed what I wrote, rather than read it.  

Wentz wasn't absolved.  Wentz has his share of it.  But, the coaches, collectively, are not getting these guys ready to do their job.  Not the OL (Mailata), not the WR (Reagor), not the RB (Scott), and not the QB (Wentz).   Which puts a target squarely on the backs of: Stoutland, Moorehead, Duce and Taylor... and when its that wide spread, it goes to the HC (Doug).   And if its talent, not coaching, then the target moves up one more level to Howie.

I have been very clear... it's time to clean house.  You can't get rid of all the players, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that Howie painted the franchise into a corner.  So, you get rid of everyone else and you see what new voices and new ideas can bring to the same old ingredients.  

Archived