Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

11 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

But if rumors are true that Wentz wanted out because of the Hurts pick, I just can't help to question Wentz's character. Don't get me wrong, I put A LOT of blame on Howie for the Wentz contract extension and trying make more SB runs through FA rather than focusing on getting younger. I don't put too much blame on Howie for the Hurts pick if that is what forced us into this trade. Now if Wentz didn't force this trade I say we tar and feather Howie....oh heck....lets tar and feather him anyway!

He how many times has Howie failed to give him help? Countless failed trades, FA signings and draft picks. Then, on top of that, he drafts a QB instead of another weapon or someone to actually block a defense, when you just did something that no other QB in the history of the nfl, has ever done. If you were in this scenario, at your job, you would be looking to leave as well.  

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

The reported Bears offer was better. Epic fail.

What reported Bears offer? They didn't make an offer because the Wentz camp made it clear he didn't want to play there.  No way any team offers a bag of deflated footballs for a $34 million a year disgruntled QB. 

41 minutes ago, mihailo said:

I thought Wentz had such renowned cancerous social issues that not even those who were close to him would want to sign him? Or is that no longer?

Apparently Reich really wanted him.  Schefter said in a video that Reich was the driving factor who really wanted Wentz.

Very happy they won a Super Bowl in my lifetime. For some reason since then I don't live and die with the team anymore. It's a good thing because they seemed to become a joke of a franchise since then. 

Just now, Curtm said:

Very happy they won a Super Bowl in my lifetime. For some reason since then I don't live and die with the team anymore. It's a good thing because they seemed to become a joke of a franchise since then. 

It's in the history books now and they can't take that away

1 hour ago, IFB DOG said:

I don't subscribe to this idea.  The caliber of player in the top 60 of any given draft is considerably better talent than 70-100, particularly as the picks get further apart  etc.

image.png.b397d9a1041a9fa7aaf003865513915e.png

There is something to be said for drafting a player more likely than not to become a starter.  The only other alternative is to draft every player of the 4th round lol.   

that's the thing i love to bring up is why are later round qbs have more success than first round qbs besides mahomes?

Just checking:  are the same people who called Wentz a bum, attacked his character and wanted him out of town...also complaining they didn't get enough compensation for him?

:wacko:

8 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Garofolo basically just said that everything went south with Wentz after drafting Hurts, that he didn't formally request a trade or publicly state his displeasure, but the organization knew that he wanted to play elsewhere. What. A. Baby.

Kind of reminds me of Bradford, when we drafted Wentz. 

So by trading Wentz now, it actually saves $800K in salary cap space in 2021 (his cap number goes from $34.6M to $33.8M in dead money).  And their projected cap space in 2022 just went from ~$40M to ~$71M.  

2 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

They better not draft a QB at #6. Build the team!!

I don't know when they should, but I'm not convinced that we have a QB at the moment. So we may very well need one. 

1 minute ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

there are 12 teams that have yet to win a super bowl.  if each team that hasn't won one started winning one in the upcoming years, that's still over a decade for one franchise to see one...  and the chances of all the teams who haven't won one to suddenly start winning them are almost none.

it's going to be painfully slow for fans of those franchises and i would HATE to be a fan of the last franchise to have yet to win one when that time comes.

19 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Wentz ain't that guy anymore.

We don't have a guy. And the guy we heavily invested in was just given away for discount lunch meat. If you can't see how a poorly run franchise this is I can't help you. 

25 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Based on his college career and what I saw in his limited play here so far. I'm not saying he can't develop into a QB that's better than Wentz at some point. I'm saying that Wentz at this point in his career looked more skilled and more promising. This whole thing is probably moot, because Howie won't get him any meaningful help anyway. I fully expect this kid to die on the vine. Time will tell.

Jalen's college career stats are pretty good:

65% Comp Rate  9500 yards  80 TD  20 INT  162.6 QB Rating   34-4 record as a starter and played in the tough  SEC for 3 years, Big 12 for 1

For a comparison, Trevor Lawrence who is the #1 pick this year

66.6% Comp Rate   10,000 yards  90 TD  17 INT 164.02 QB Rating 40-3  and played in a weak ACC

13 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

They better not draft a QB at #6. Build the team!!

Agreed.  I happen to like hurts and there are several players on offense and some on defense that have noted his work ethic and leadership.  That is very telling and I believe that he can and  will improve on all the "footwork” flaws he may have.  They need to fix the O line, get a true stud WR, and a ton of help on the defensive side.  But drafting a QB at 6 would be an ultimate blunder.  

I will always be thankful for the Super Bowl...but make no mistake Jeffrey and Howie have turned this organization from a Super Bowl winner to a bottom 5 team in this league in 3 years!  And ruined a franchise QB in the process.  F them!!

1 minute ago, Bamabird said:

65% Comp Rate  9500 yards  80 TD  20 INT  162.6 QB Rating   34-4 record as a starter and played in the tough  SEC for 3 years, Big 12 for 1

66.6% Comp Rate   10,000 yards  90 TD  17 INT 164.02 QB Rating 40-3  and played in a weak ACC

hush..  jalen hurts is the next coming of ryan leaf and jamarcus russell all rolled into one. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't know when they should, but I'm not convinced that we have a QB at the moment. So we may very well need one. 

I’m not 100% convinced either, but I think they owe it to themselves (and the use of a high pick this year) to find out by giving him the upcoming season to get a more thorough evaluation of him.  If he craps the bed draft one in 2022.  

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Just checking:  are the same people who called Wentz a bum, attacked his character and wanted him out of town...also complaining they didn't get enough compensation for him?

:wacko:

I would have been happy with any compensation. This was more than I thought they would get.

10 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

I still haven’t taken the wrapper off my Super Bowl DVD. Might need to over the next several seasons.

9 minutes ago, Bamabird said:

If only he had the same talent around him in the NFL

One thing that's a bit surprising to me is that we did not include Zach Ertz in this trade.  I thought for sure they would be a package deal.  

18 minutes ago, Curtm said:

Same...

Archived