Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

9 minutes ago, Bamabird said:

Jalen's college career stats are pretty good:

65% Comp Rate  9500 yards  80 TD  20 INT  162.6 QB Rating   34-4 record as a starter and played in the tough  SEC for 3 years, Big 12 for 1

For a comparison, Trevor Lawrence who is the #1 pick this year

66.6% Comp Rate   10,000 yards  90 TD  17 INT 164.02 QB Rating 40-3  and played in a weak ACC

As I said, Hurts may develop into a great NFL QB, and as an  Eagles fan, I 100% hope he does. Alabama is a bit on an anomaly though. That program collects more top shelf talent than most other colleges and by a pretty fair margin. The SEC is the toughest conference, no doubt, but Bama has great players to counter that. There is top shelf talent scattered around the SEC to be sure, but a lot of it finds it's way to Saban's team. If there was a QB on say, Georgia or Tennessee who took the field for 4 years straight and tore apart the Tide's defense every time with lesser talent around him, I'd be all in from the jump. A guy who loses his starting position to a better QB, and transfers to a team to throw to Cee Dee Lamb, well, I'll reserve judgment for now.  

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

I would have been happy with any compensation. This was more than I thought they would get.

I'm starting to come around here on this point.

An unpopular opinion: Howie did pretty well here.

Howie just a traded away the guy that led the league in turnovers.  He actually got 2 decent picks in return.  What's even more incredible is that this guy had an enormous contract, the kind that usually you'd have to give up something to get rid of (such as Brock Osweiler or Jared Goff).  Howie gave up NOTHING.  Even more stunning is that it's likely that it will be a 1st rounder next year if Carson can manage to not be horrible and stay healthy.  

Howie did well here.  

8 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

I will always be thankful for the Super Bowl...but make no mistake Jeffrey and Howie have turned this organization from a Super Bowl winner to a bottom 5 team in this league in 3 years!  And ruined a franchise QB in the process.  F them!!

Exactly how I feel, I’m especially pissed with Howie, his poor drafting and cap management has screwed this team for years to come. There seems to be very little hope except that they may be somewhat competitive in a very crappy NFC East division.

Imagine if the Eagles never extended Wentz’s rookie contract.  He would be a free agent and would gone.  

Instead the Eagles have to eat 30+ million (which I could care less about). Why?  This will finally give young guys a chance to play ,and the Eagles cap will be EXCELLENT in 2022.

40 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Stop. A weaker arm, slower processing of information, and folding under the bright lights. That's not so very much after all is it? We'll see.

I’m not saying Hurts is great. He can hit a 5 yard screen pass though. Wentz can’t even do that. 

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

I’m not saying Hurts is great. He can hit a 5 yard screen pass though. Wentz can’t even do that. 

Well you'll get no retort from me on that one.:D

25 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

They better not draft a QB at #6. Build the team!!

Now they are definitely going to draft another QB. Likely from North Dakota lol

Here's embedded video in Twitter.  He says no request for trade from Wentz, and no threat such as not showing up for camp.  

20 minutes ago, Bamabird said:

Jalen's college career stats are pretty good:

65% Comp Rate  9500 yards  80 TD  20 INT  162.6 QB Rating   34-4 record as a starter and played in the tough  SEC for 3 years, Big 12 for 1

For a comparison, Trevor Lawrence who is the #1 pick this year

66.6% Comp Rate   10,000 yards  90 TD  17 INT 164.02 QB Rating 40-3  and played in a weak ACC

I think an important # people are forgetting is age.  Carson is 28; Hurts is 22.  The one thing I didn't like about the big jump to grab Wentz was that he was already quite old for a rookie.  Definitely worth it to see what Hurts has for a year based on what we saw from Carson last year, and we got a fair and decent return imo.... 

Imagine if you were a head coach/GM - what would you be willing be off for Wentz?  We get a 1st and a 3rd if he works out for the Colts, and if not we get a 2nd and a 3rd for a 2nd stringer. 

Now watch Indy sign Foles in free agency to backup Wentz!  :lol:

They do have a need with Rivers retiring and Brissett’s contract running out.  

Glad it's over with. Thank you, Wentz, for all you did and tried to do here. Front office? Thank you for a Super Bowl in my lifetime. Now... can you rebuild quickly? I really don't know what you are anymore. If you kept Howie away from the draft, I might have hope- but you won't. 

1. The Super Bowl team and era is history
2. I will try to back the rebuild, but it won't be easy
3. Time to move forward and stop looking back- it's over... the past is gone. 
4. Moving into the future- let's go! In spite of the FO.

At least the Colts aren't on the schedule for 2021. The Eagles would have to punt on every 1st down and not pressure the Colts' QB to inflate that snap count.lol.

This team is a joke. No QB. A buffoon doing the drafting. Very little young talent. Franchise QB given away for a discount bin dvd price. 

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

But but we get Jalen "I can't throw" Hurts and a crappy third round draft pick this year. Who's super excited!?

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

SB team to laughingstock in three years. Good work Howie. 

Probably still hurts fault though according to you 

2 hours ago, Procus said:

Look for the Eagles to be a bad team for at least 3 years.  I hope to Gd the team doesn't use its first round pick to select a QB

3? more like 10 if we dont somehow get lucky to find another franchise qb. Sure we will have a winning season or two here or there, but we wont be a serious contender for SB until we get another franchise qb, and if Howie is running the team, that aint happening. You see what he did to the one he actually got ahold of right? 

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

This team is a joke. No QB. A buffoon doing the drafting. Very little young talent. Franchise QB given away for a discount bin dvd price. 

So go be a Colts fan. We all know you’re more about Wentz than the team anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

But but we get Jalen "I can't throw" Hurts and a crappy third round draft pick this year. Who's super excited!?

The entire NFL told everyone what Wentz' value is in a trade. His value is a 3rd and a conditional 2nd that likely will be a late 1st round pick in 2022. That's his value. If it were more, multiple teams would've offered more. They didn't because they concluded he's not worth more.

Archived