• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

4 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Isaac has done so many things, from interesting roles like Ex Machina, to more mainstream like the new Star Wars. Yet somehow he so easily and believable comes off as some weak and timid little British **** in this. Its quite impressive. 

I mean the British accent isn’t necessarily all that good anyway, but it totally works for a guy who is not actually British just thinks he is.  The difference between his sniveling Brit and American merc personas are excellent!

9 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Isaac has done so many things, from interesting roles like Ex Machina, to more mainstream like the new Star Wars. Yet somehow he so easily and believable comes off as some weak and timid little British **** in this. Its quite impressive. 

He did too good of a job as I found his character annoying as Hell.  Hopefully as the show goes along there will be less whiny timid beoch Brit and more of the guy in the mirror. 

Just watched Spiderman.  Very enjoyable and far better than some of the slop Disney have produced recently. It was a super hero film 101, but it worked, especially when you have the likes of Defoe and Molina in it.  Although I thought Tobey Maguire looked stoned throughout the whole film; or was there for a pay day only.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Just watched Spiderman.  Very enjoyable and far better than some of the slop Disney have produced recently. It was a super hero film 101, but it worked, especially when you have the likes of Defoe and Molina in it.  Although I thought Tobey Maguire looked stoned throughout the whole film; or was there for a pay day only.

So I personally loved the film but I didn't like Maguire at all. I liked his trilogy when it came out but looking back actually it isn't that great. But I don't like him at all. He looks so full of himself. When he steps through that portal and says hi to Neds mum he has such a look of arrogance on his face. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So I personally loved the film but I didn't like Maguire at all. I liked his trilogy when it came out but looking back actually it isn't that great. But I don't like him at all. He looks so full of himself. When he steps through that portal and says hi to Neds mum he has such a look of arrogance on his face. 

Agree. Garfield and Holland looked like they were having fun, Maguire looked a bit disengaged at times.  I don't recall Maguire's Spiderman films that much, so probably for the best that I don't 🤣

3 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

Agree. Garfield and Holland looked like they were having fun, Maguire looked a bit disengaged at times.  I don't recall Maguire's Spiderman films that much, so probably for the best that I don't 🤣

I’ve been a huge fan of Garfield (films in general) and his stock has only risen after his performance in No Way Home. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

Garfield was the better Spider-Man and I appreciated him more in this. Toby looked like he was sick or something. But he had a mentoring moment to Holland's Peter and the back crack joke was funny.

Maguires movies had better villains in the first 2 but his movies also dragged on.

• Like 1

Good video here connecting Dr Doom Easter eggs with Moonknight episode 1

• Like 1

Late to Hawkeye and honestly the preview did an enormous disservice to the show. Preview looked cheesy and honestly not great, but show was really well done and Hailee is a phenomenal actress. Just super likable and a great addition to MCU. Also, Florence Pugh was great as always. 

• Like 1

It took me somewhere in the neighborhood of 37 attempts to reserve my Dr. Strange ticket today. AMC was putting me into a "waiting" queue... like what those PS5 lines looked like, and then it kept erroring out whenever I tried processing the reservation/purchase. Fandango was having the identical problems. Finally, after trying about 7 different times throughout the day, it finally let me lock my purchase in. 

1 hour ago, DEagle7 said:

Moon Knight episode 2 was fun. I think this is gonna be a good series. 

I thought I’d have to wait until tonight, glad I have my days wrong

This isnt entirely relevant to the plot but I’m curious. So we see Marc clearly loves Layla and is trying to protect her. We also saw Steven genuinely confused he had a date in the first episode. So who asked the tour guide woman on a date? I can’t see Marc doing it because it would basically be cheating on his wife, and Steven definitely did not do it. Is there another personality not yet revealed? 

2 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

This isnt entirely relevant to the plot but I’m curious. So we see Marc clearly loves Layla and is trying to protect her. We also saw Steven genuinely confused he had a date in the first episode. So who asked the tour guide woman on a date? I can’t see Marc doing it because it would basically be cheating on his wife, and Steven definitely did not do it. Is there another personality not yet revealed? 

Yeah that confused me a little. I got the impression that Marc was a bit of a womaniser in the first episode.

5 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

think there is a third identity in there we have not seen. Never read Moon Knight comics though, so I don't know if there is source material to reference.

2 hours ago, Boogyman said:

think there is a third identity in there we have not seen. Never read Moon Knight comics though, so I don't know if there is source material to reference.

I know very little about moon knight but I thought I recalled he has more than 2. But I could be mistaken. But I think you are right and will be curious to see if we’re correct on that. 

Just finished watching E2.  The Steven character is still annoying, but a little less so this eppy.  I also am not familiar with the Moon Knight comics so don't know what to expect of this show, but it is entertaining.  Isaac is a good actor to pull off playing both an annoying wishy washy character and a troubled one of strength and determination.  Guessing the Layla character will end up being more of a main character the rest of the way since they set it up that her role influences what Mark/Steven do.

On 4/8/2022 at 9:45 AM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

That would be Jake Lockley, or what most people are assuming. Jake Lockley in the comics is one of the personalities.

In comics Marc is the actual main guy, then there’s the other personalities. Moonknight itself is one, then there’s Steven who’s a wealthy playboy (it seems they did it different in the show for Steven), Jake Lockley who’s a cab driver and known to be the more violent alter ego, then there’s Mr Knight who dons the 3 piece suit like we saw in the second episode. Mr knight is known to be more of a detective. 

It seems they most likely gave Jake the playboy title, he’s also got a thicker British accent so it would make sense that the woman isn’t surprised by Stevens English accent. Also that they’d agree to go to a steakhouse. 

i kind of expected Jake to be revealed in the 2nd episode, I’m not sure if and when he’ll be revealed but that’s most likely what’s happening here

On 4/11/2022 at 2:56 AM, Dwide Schrude said:

That would be Jake Lockley, or what most people are assuming. Jake Lockley in the comics is one of the personalities.

In comics Marc is the actual main guy, then there’s the other personalities. Moonknight itself is one, then there’s Steven who’s a wealthy playboy (it seems they did it different in the show for Steven), Jake Lockley who’s a cab driver and known to be the more violent alter ego, then there’s Mr Knight who dons the 3 piece suit like we saw in the second episode. Mr knight is known to be more of a detective. 

It seems they most likely gave Jake the playboy title, he’s also got a thicker British accent so it would make sense that the woman isn’t surprised by Stevens English accent. Also that they’d agree to go to a steakhouse. 

i kind of expected Jake to be revealed in the 2nd episode, I’m not sure if and when he’ll be revealed but that’s most likely what’s happening here

I feel Jake may be the "real" persona in this iteration, just going off tiny clues here and there. I may be reading too much into certain things though.

2 hours ago, Boogyman said:

I feel Jake may be the "real" persona in this iteration, just going off tiny clues here and there. I may be reading too much into certain things though.

They could change it, it’s possible. But Marc is the real identity in the comics. But we’re 100% getting Jake now

5 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

They could change it, it’s possible. But Marc is the real identity in the comics. But we’re 100% getting Jake now

Yeah I know. MCU makes all kinds of changes though. I just picked up on a few things that make me think Jake is the "real" dude and he's just been mostly "away" for an extended period of time in relation to when the show starts.

Again, I could be reading into a few things to much.

17 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Yeah I know. MCU makes all kinds of changes though. I just picked up on a few things that make me think Jake is the "real" dude and he's just been mostly "away" for an extended period of time in relation to when the show starts.

Again, I could be reading into a few things to much.

Your theory makes sense