Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

Some are confused by the Ragnarok theme with Love and Thunder because the Gorr story is very dark and brutal

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

19 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yep, has to be.  Rumors are the council or whatever in that room Strange walks into is from the comics and in the comics it included Professor X, Iron Man (people think Tom Cruise is going to be a version of Iron Man), Reed Richards (the John Krasinski rumors).  Another rumor because of the multi-verse is Captain Carter.

The Illuminati has been a pretty consistent rumor. They were the ones that were responsible for world war hulk. 

10 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

The Illuminati has been a pretty consistent rumor. They were the ones that were responsible for world war hulk. 

They could really open up some interesting things to keep it going post-Endgame.

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

:worthy:

Best theater experience of my life. 

Episode 5 of Moonknight may not have had a lot of action scenes, but I liked it.  Hoping they do at least 9 episodes like they did with Wanda.  

42 minutes ago, Talkingbirds said:

Episode 5 of Moonknight may not have had a lot of action scenes, but I liked it.  Hoping they do at least 9 episodes like they did with Wanda.  

Sadly I think next week is it

• Like 1

Oscar Isaacs is killing it in this series.

• Like 1

I’ve enjoyed episodes 1 and 5. The middle ones were pretty uninspiring.

That being said I LOVE what Oscar Isaac is doing and the character. 

18 hours ago, Talkingbirds said:

18 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Sadly I think next week is it

6 total.  You can see that on the episode list on imdb.com and they usually announce in their marketing how many episodes a season will be. 

If you are excited about Doctor Strange and don't want spoilers, better go see it first day or 2 it's out.  There are already spoilers online.  Just saw an article on the Facebook news section where the headline spoils something, which is a dick thing to do.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

If you are excited about Doctor Strange and don't want spoilers, better go see it first day or 2 it's out.  There are already spoilers online.  Just saw an article on the Facebook news section where the headline spoils something, which is a dick thing to do.

slightly different, but how long after Endgame's release did they have commercials/tv-trailers showing Cap holding Mjolner... like a week maybe? I know my 630 thursday theater is already near-capacity 

4 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

slightly different, but how long after Endgame's release did they have commercials/tv-trailers showing Cap holding Mjolner... like a week maybe? I know my 630 thursday theater is already near-capacity 

I don't recall how soon after but they did start showing more scenes.  I do remember for the Hawkeye series they put Kingpin in their ads about a week after he showed up in the series.

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

I am ecstatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

John-Krasinski1-1024x1024.jpg

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

Complete dick move. Have had two minor things spoiled. The tv spots and unskippable ads are starting to piss me off because it’s revealing more than they should. Even Kevin Feige is getting pissed off at the advertising, which is done by Disney not Marvel (which I always found odd). I have tickets for Saturday night and may just avoid everything until then to ensure I don’t see anything else. 

9 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Complete dick move. Have had two minor things spoiled. The tv spots and unskippable ads are starting to piss me off because it’s revealing more than they should. Even Kevin Feige is getting pissed off at the advertising, which is done by Disney not Marvel (which I always found odd). I have tickets for Saturday night and may just avoid everything until then to ensure I don’t see anything else. 

Yeah the marketing for Marvel doesn't need to reveal much. they make a gazillion dollars and fans already want to see them.  I don't even know why they put Professor X in the recent official trailer, there was plenty to show without spoiling that.

10 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yeah the marketing for Marvel doesn't need to reveal much. they make a gazillion dollars and fans already want to see them.  I don't even know why they put Professor X in the recent official trailer, there was plenty to show without spoiling that.

I’m okay with that one because it was heavily implied in the first official trailer. If that was the only thing I’d equate it to when Doc Ock shows up in the No Way Home trailer. Enough to get you excited without spoiling all the main twists of the movie. This one has gone way further and I’m concerned all the cool twists are now gone. 

I enjoyed the last episode of Moon Knight, I just wish there was more.  A lot of things tied up well but it seemed to go so quickly that there was more they could have unpacked.  Overall, definitely one of my favorites of the MCU series so far. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Dr Strange was really good. 

And we’re getting a fast and furious castmate in a future film? 

• Like 1

Doctor Strange was wild. Some parts usual Marvel, some horror movie (which they talked about from the beginning, was originally going to release in October), some parts were a little corny. Pretty predictable, and not as "fun" to watch as others. But they've definitely come a long way since Iron Man 1.