Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

49 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Doctor Strange was wild. Some parts usual Marvel, some horror movie (which they talked about from the beginning, was originally going to release in October), some parts were a little corny. Pretty predictable, and not as "fun" to watch as others. But they've definitely come a long way since Iron Man 1.

Compared to actual horror movies, on a scale of 1 (network tv horror) to 10 (the Saw movies/exorcist) what would you describe the level of horror in this film.  I only ask because the Mrs. and I are going tomorrow and I want to prepare her ahead of time. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

12 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Compared to actual horror movies, on a scale of 1 (network tv horror) to 10 (the Saw movies/exorcist) what would you describe the level of horror in this film.  I only ask because the Mrs. and I are going tomorrow and I want to prepare her ahead of time. 

I'd give it a 4 based on your scale. I mean Sam Raimi directed it so you get some Evil Dead vibes.  Actually, you could compare it to the What If...? cartoon series and imagine it live action.  My wife doesn't like horror at all and was fine with this.  It's not "scary" per se, but dark and there's the demonic/spell element and a little bit of light network TV gore.  Some things that are a bit uncomfortable to watch for some.  Definitely not for young kids.  

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 8:45 AM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I enjoyed the last episode of Moon Knight, I just wish there was more.  A lot of things tied up well but it seemed to go so quickly that there was more they could have unpacked.  Overall, definitely one of my favorites of the MCU series so far. 

Well done show, but definitely left me wanting more. I think they spent almost too much time character building. Would have been better served with another episode I think. 

11 hours ago, homerpat said:

Well done show, but definitely left me wanting more. I think they spent almost too much time character building. Would have been better served with another episode I think. 

I’m split on this because on the one hand the character building was probably the best part of the show. The Asylum episode in particular was absolutely a for your consideration reel for the Emmy’s.  But I also wish they had one more episode for the story or just add 30 minutes to the finale.  But I still felt like the finale hit all the moments it needed to, so this is a minor nit pick. 

I struggled to not fall asleep. During every episode. At like 8pm. I’m someone that regularly makes their way to bed around midnight. 

15 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I’m split on this because on the one hand the character building was probably the best part of the show. The Asylum episode in particular was absolutely a for your consideration reel for the Emmy’s.  But I also wish they had one more episode for the story or just add 30 minutes to the finale.  But I still felt like the finale hit all the moments it needed to, so this is a minor nit pick. 

Agreed. Just think it was rushed. 

Dr Strange definitely departs from the Marvel Formula that’s for sure.  Not my favorite of the MCU but certainly unique and very dark in comparison. 

Just going back to NWH... I didn't realise the bit of a clanger that was dropped with Elecktro.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Just going back to NWH... I didn't realise the bit of a clanger that was dropped with Elecktro.

I didnt think I'd need a translator for English, but then I saw this post 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BFit said:

I didnt think I'd need a translator for English, but then I saw this post 

I'm not sure how it is spelt... Electro? So they made a mistake in No Way Home with his character being involved. 

I'm not sure how it is spelt... Electro? So they made a mistake in No Way Home with his character being involved. 

I got that part, the clanger part is what confused me :lol:

2 hours ago, BFit said:

I got that part, the clanger part is what confused me :lol:

Ah OK. That's an English saying I guess. 

I thought it was damn near perfect until

Spoiler

they added some corny lines like "You got this" and the female Captain America using the famous line

He needed her to say he's the master of mystics for him to take over the demons? That seemed weak

On 5/8/2022 at 8:30 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I didn't see the entire Amazing Spider-Man 2, it was so bad I turned it off years ago.  I didn't even know that Gwen died, but the explanation in the new movie covered that part.  What happened with Electro that didn't fit in No Way Home?

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

I didn't see the entire Amazing Spider-Man 2, it was so bad I turned it off years ago.  I didn't even know that Gwen died, but the explanation in the new movie covered that part.  What happened with Electro that didn't fit in No Way Home?

He never knew that Peter Parker was Spider-Man. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He never knew that Peter Parker was Spider-Man. 

Film Theory covered this point. You could make the argument he figures it out in the final battle as Gwen is there and screams his name out loud. That’s the only way you could justify it, more so then the ridiculous "he absorbed data” theory.

4 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Film Theory covered this point. You could make the argument he figures it out in the final battle as Gwen is there and screams his name out loud. That’s the only way you could justify it, more so then the ridiculous "he absorbed data” theory.

I mean... Then why does he say at the end of No Way Home "you're just a kid" or something along those lines. 

I mean... Then why does he say at the end of No Way Home "you're just a kid" or something along those lines. 

I guess if he just heard the name Peter Parker but didn't see him to know he was a kid?  

It's basically a loose connection, that could have been easily addressed with one quick line of dialogue indicating how he knew it was Peter.  It's funny how fans will catch these things but the producers and writers that get paid all that money don't know their own stories well enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don’t know, frankly I didn’t really watch that Spiderman so it didn’t bother me. Just throwing out what the argument was.

20 hours ago, NOTW said:

I guess if he just heard the name Peter Parker but didn't see him to know he was a kid?  

It's basically a loose connection, that could have been easily addressed with one quick line of dialogue indicating how he knew it was Peter.  It's funny how fans will catch these things but the producers and writers that get paid all that money don't know their own stories well enough.

I assume when you are so close to it some things are harder to see.

In the past a new MCU movie would generate lots of discussion, these days not much.  Is that the EMB or MCU fatigue?

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

In the past a new MCU movie would generate lots of discussion, these days not much.  Is that the EMB or MCU fatigue?

I've been coming in to see if people are discussing it, but I'm not one to start a Convo usually. 

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

I can’t get the spoiler button to show up on my phone so I’ve just not posted my detailed thoughts :lol:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I can’t get the spoiler button to show up on my phone so I’ve just not posted my detailed thoughts :lol:

using two pairs of brackets  [    ]   you just type the world "spoiler" in the first pair (no spaces), then add a backslash after the second     [  /spoiler  ]  and anything typed between them will be spoilered 

• Like 1