• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Multiverse of madness out on Disney+ already...

Buzzing for Love and Thunder I have to say. 

"Dead" strange should be gooey-er.

That'd all I have from re watching it today.

About to start far from home and then watch strange. I have to make up for watching morbius last night ....

• Like 1

Dr Strange didn’t do much for me. The cameos were cool, but it felt like showing off for the sake of showing off. The color scheme was really bright and clean for a horror film. What happened to Wanda at the end? I know what we are supposed to assume, but there was a red flash. I dunno. I’m usually all in on the MCU, but this fell flat for me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Weaponx01 said:

Dr Strange didn’t do much for me. The cameos were cool, but it felt like showing off for the sake of showing off. The color scheme was really bright and clean for a horror film. What happened to Wanda at the end? I know what we are supposed to assume, but there was a red flash. I dunno. I’m usually all in on the MCU, but this fell flat for me.

I think she supposedly sacrificed herself.  Of course with the multi-verse, or magic or whatever they can always bring people back.  They painted themselves into a corner making her far too powerful so they had to get rid of her.

This was a Sam Raimi trip for visuals but the story was meh.  I'm not even that interested in rewatching it.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 5:53 PM, Boogyman said:

"Dead" strange should be gooey-er.

That'd all I have from re watching it today.

Def stole the look they used from Army of Darkness Ash

On 6/25/2022 at 2:17 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wanda definitely isn't done but I do agree with @NOTW that they made her too powerful and needed to back out a little. 

Well the darkhold added to her power and that's gone probably

found out the other day that my cousin,  who was a big wig at marvel, passed away from cancer.

hadn't seen him since i was probably 15 and then years back as I waited for a post credit scene in one of the MCU movies, there was his name. i couldnt believe it. i had to google it and there he was. got a hold of him through social media and it was like we were kids again nerding out over comics. i envied him as he lived out his dream. 

RIP mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

found out the other day that my cousin,  who was a big wig at marvel, passed away from cancer.

hadn't seen him since i was probably 15 and then years back as I waited for a post credit scene in one of the MCU movies, there was his name. i couldnt believe it. i had to google it and there he was. got a hold of him through social media and it was like we were kids again nerding out over comics. i envied him as he lived out his dream. 

RIP mike

my condolences, alph. 

hey, VA/mods could we maybe get a gravestone icon or RIP icon for situations like this ? right now it's looking like NOTW has stock in the DCU. 

On 6/22/2022 at 6:10 PM, BFit said:

About to start far from home and then watch strange. I have to make up for watching morbius last night ....

I didn't think it was that terrible 

I’m two episodes in on Ms. Marvel, and I have to say I’m enjoying it more than I thought I would. Yes it does skew younger, but the lead actress is a lot better than the trailer made her out to be.  Some of the cinematic choices are interesting too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I’m two episodes in on Ms. Marvel, and I have to say I’m enjoying it more than I thought I would. Yes it does skew younger, but the lead actress is a lot better than the trailer made her out to be.  Some of the cinematic choices are interesting too. 

I read that they did some things with the visuals that are unique.  Her powers include Green Lantern like powers to make shapes and things it looks like.  

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I read that they did some things with the visuals that are unique.  Her powers include Green Lantern like powers to make shapes and things it looks like.  

Yeah but it’s not just that. As the trailer suggests, she’s a daydreamer. So they are doing a lot of cool visual things to tell the story, kinda like we are seeing the world through her eyes. I won’t spoil anything, but I found how they incorporated text messaging, for example, to be really clever.

2 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Yeah but it’s not just that. As the trailer suggests, she’s a daydreamer. So they are doing a lot of cool visual things to tell the story, kinda like we are seeing the world through her eyes. I won’t spoil anything, but I found how they incorporated text messaging, for example, to be really clever.

Cool.  I kind of got a little bit of Scott Pilgrim vs the World vibes from the trailer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Cool.  I kind of got a little bit of Scott Pilgrim vs the World vibes from the trailer.

Great comparison, from a cinematography perspective. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 10:44 AM, mr_hunt said:

i'm 3 eps into moon knight & the show is really annoying so far. please tell me it gets better. 

took a break to catch up on some other shows....then watched ep 4.

Spoiler

the bro-ad threw a flare at a truck and it somehow killed the people inside?  i guess that's what i saw.

wow.

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm buzzing for Thor, absolutely freaking buzzing.

I saw an article about a tweet that compared it to batman and robin. Also, clickbait is a thing .....

Four episodes in on Ms. Marvel, still surprisingly strong. I do find myself getting annoyed at some of the decisions Kamala makes but then again, she’s a teenager with newly discovered super powers, so it’s realistic. 

Just finished Strange and man what happened to the Marvel Movies? This wasn't good 

• Like 1