Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

So firstly, really really liked Thor. Thought it was very good. Definitely some issues and the film should have been longer but I did really enjoy it. Except the end. That was just too easy really. 

Very very excited for secret wars and Kang in this next phase though. This multiverse saga feels like it is moving at pace which I like. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

New trailer with behind the scenes interviews for She-Hulk.  They changed the comics origin, this time she and Bruce are in a car accident and she saves him and accidentally gets his blood in her. 

Why would Bruce get hurt, why wouldn't the Hulk protect him?  Also in Endgame it seemed he was always Professor Hulk then his cameo in Shang-Chi he's just Bruce and same here.  I guess he figured out how to change back and forth again.  Too bad they don't show or explain any of this and don't give him his own stories.

Also his arm is taking a really long time to heal from the snap.

She-Hulk.JPG

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

New trailer with behind the scenes interviews for She-Hulk.  They changed the comics origin, this time she and Bruce are in a car accident and she saves him and accidentally gets his blood in her. 

Why would Bruce get hurt, why wouldn't the Hulk protect him?  Also in Endgame it seemed he was always Professor Hulk then his cameo in Shang-Chi he's just Bruce and same here.  I guess he figured out how to change back and forth again.  Too bad they don't show or explain any of this and don't give him his own stories.

She-Hulk.JPG

i would assume they explain this in the show. either at the moment or down the road

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

I think the Russos confirmed he's basically permanently damaged. So whilst his arm may get better and he doesn't need the sling I think in terms of being max strength hulk that may be done with?

31 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the Russos confirmed he's basically permanently damaged. So whilst his arm may get better and he doesn't need the sling I think in terms of being max strength hulk that may be done with?

I don't know, in shots of him as Hulk in the She-Hulk show he doesn't have the arm sling anymore.  I guess we'll find out.

On 8/2/2022 at 8:38 PM, NOTW said:

I don't know, in shots of him as Hulk in the She-Hulk show he doesn't have the arm sling anymore.  I guess we'll find out.

I guess we will. I agree with you at times in the shots he doesn't look like he's still got an issue. Like you say we shall see but I'm sure I had read the Russos talk about his arm. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess we will. I agree with you at times in the shots he doesn't look like he's still got an issue. Like you say we shall see but I'm sure I had read the Russos talk about his arm. 

Yes that's correct.  At the end of Endgame he has the sling even as Hulk.  In the cameo in Shang-Chi he was Bruce and had the arm sling, and in the beginning of She-Hulk has it as Bruce, his blood gets in her to make her a Hulk, and then later he's as Hulk training her with no arm sling.  So something happens for him as well I guess.  I read a theory that initially he became Professor Hulk as a way to manage the two, but now he's able to take it further and switch back and forth again but that might mean his human "puny" form is injured and as Hulk he's not.

Usually when fans wonder about such things, the movies have one quick line that explains the whole thing.  I could see him saying "Yeah I can switch back now, and Hulk doesn't get the injuries but I do" or something like that.

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yes that's correct.  At the end of Endgame he has the sling even as Hulk.  In the cameo in Shang-Chi he was Bruce and had the arm sling, and in the beginning of She-Hulk has it as Bruce, his blood gets in her to make her a Hulk, and then later he's as Hulk training her with no arm sling.  So something happens for him as well I guess.  I read a theory that initially he became Professor Hulk as a way to manage the two, but now he's able to take it further and switch back and forth again but that might mean his human "puny" form is injured and as Hulk he's not.

I'll certainly be interesting to see how they explain it. As you say in movies, especially comic book movies, usually one quick line puts it to bed. I do wonder though why they have decided now that Banner can go back and forth. And I do wonder whether that could lead us to angry ultra powerful Hulk again? 

13 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'll certainly be interesting to see how they explain it. As you say in movies, especially comic book movies, usually one quick line puts it to bed. I do wonder though why they have decided now that Banner can go back and forth. And I do wonder whether that could lead us to angry ultra powerful Hulk again? 

if i had to guess, id say they are doing something to set the stage for a world breaker hulk

On 8/4/2022 at 8:59 PM, BFit said:

if i had to guess, id say they are doing something to set the stage for a world breaker hulk

What's that bud? Sorry I didn't follow the comics. 

On 8/7/2022 at 1:24 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What's that bud? Sorry I didn't follow the comics. 

https://www.thetealmango.com/featured/world-breaker-hulk/#:~:text=The World Breaker Hulk has,he acquired simply by existing.

As you already know, the World Breaker Hulk is a version of the Hulk who was created after the Illuminati stranded him on Sakaar. After a misfortune, he absorbed the entire planet’s radiation as well as the so-called Old Power, a tremendous energy that flows through Sakaar. As a result, he became the World Breaker Hulk. Since he could withstand Black Bolt’s murderous cry without flinching, his power levels were unrivaled.

What Are World Breaker Hulk’s Strengths?

The fact that World Breaker Hulk is a powerful superhero is self-evident and well-known. The World Breaker Hulk has the ability to stomp on entire continents and planets, causing earthquakes. Furthermore, the World-Breaker possesses incredible destructive potential. He may be a destroyer without moving an inch, ironically, because he builds up and emits the radiation he acquired simply by existing.

On 8/4/2022 at 2:59 PM, BFit said:

I can't see them doing that unless they treat him like Scarlet Witch and make him a villain.  They've been de-powering him, had him lose to Thanos easily, then in Endgame they didn't even show him fight in the battle.  Now in the She-Hulk trailer they show her already doing everything better than him.  That could be him just trying to slowly teach her and stay calm while she's wanting to prove herself and going over the top we'll see.  

18 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I am Groot was cute and funny

My son loved them, watched them twice so far.

On 8/8/2022 at 3:15 PM, NOTW said:

https://www.thetealmango.com/featured/world-breaker-hulk/#:~:text=The World Breaker Hulk has,he acquired simply by existing.

I can't see them doing that unless they treat him like Scarlet Witch and make him a villain.  They've been de-powering him, had him lose to Thanos easily, then in Endgame they didn't even show him fight in the battle.  Now in the She-Hulk trailer they show her already doing everything better than him.  That could be him just trying to slowly teach her and stay calm while she's wanting to prove herself and going over the top we'll see.  

i still didnt get that angle, at all. was that part of the comic storyline ? 

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i still didnt get that angle, at all. was that part of the comic storyline ? 

I don't know.  @20Safety_Hazards usually has helpful summaries of how the stories went in the comics.  

I actually liked that in Infinity War he didn't Hulk out to save the day, that's a good example of doing something unexpected and knowing it's going to be a 2 part series you will see more.

But then to jump to Professor Hulk without showing it was like oh, ok.  He needed a moment with Thanos.  A bunch of main characters got their individual shots in at Thanos.  Thor, Tony, Steve, Wanda, even Captain Marvel.  I have re-watched Endgame several times and each time I've tried to look for Hulk fighting anyone in that battle and they never show it.  

I'm glad he was the one who snapped to bring them back, that gave him something key to do.  But we needed a real Hulk out moment.  Even if it were facing the same character that he fought in Infinity War with the Hulk Buster armor, but this time Hulk handles him easily and also destroys more would have been satisfying.

23 hours ago, NOTW said:

I don't know.  @20Safety_Hazards usually has helpful summaries of how the stories went in the comics.  

I actually liked that in Infinity War he didn't Hulk out to save the day, that's a good example of doing something unexpected and knowing it's going to be a 2 part series you will see more.

But then to jump to Professor Hulk without showing it was like oh, ok.  He needed a moment with Thanos.  A bunch of main characters got their individual shots in at Thanos.  Thor, Tony, Steve, Wanda, even Captain Marvel.  I have re-watched Endgame several times and each time I've tried to look for Hulk fighting anyone in that battle and they never show it.  

I'm glad he was the one who snapped to bring them back, that gave him something key to do.  But we needed a real Hulk out moment.  Even if it were facing the same character that he fought in Infinity War with the Hulk Buster armor, but this time Hulk handles him easily and also destroys more would have been satisfying.

Historically, in the comics the Hulk's power decreases as Banner's intelligence increases.  So Professor Hulk is weaker than say world war hulk where he's at peak rage.  But Hulk's loss to Thanos was more tactical then power.  The Hulk was stronger than Thanos, but after he took a few shots, Thanos just out combat him.  It's also possible he's using the power stone in that battle, but I don't recall any actual evidence of that happening in that fight.  Regardless, getting wrecked like that (his first true loss) just destroyed the Hulk's confidence as NOTW recalls.

As for Endgame, Professor Hulk was pretty damaged by the use of the infinity stones. We see him after the battle in a sling.  So my guess is they didn't want to show anything on film that would be considered a "plot hole." I.e. Why is he in a sling but able to go full combat in the battle.  

As for She-Hulk, there was a clip that aired on TV that shows that after She-Hulk out throws Banner, Banner literally chucks a boulder into the stratosphere.  Banner isn't going full out in the training with She-Hulk, like a parent playing pick up ball with their kid he's kind of pulling his punches.  It's only when She-Hulk tries to show him up that he decides to bust out the full strength. 

TLDR - Hulk is weaker because he's smarter (and by extension calmer).  He also probably has some residual damage from the snap.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Historically, in the comics the Hulk's power decreases as Banner's intelligence increases.  So Professor Hulk is weaker than say world war hulk where he's at peak rage.  But Hulk's loss to Thanos was more tactical then power.  The Hulk was stronger than Thanos, but after he took a few shots, Thanos just out combat him.  It's also possible he's using the power stone in that battle, but I don't recall any actual evidence of that happening in that fight.  Regardless, getting wrecked like that (his first true loss) just destroyed the Hulk's confidence as NOTW recalls.

As for Endgame, Professor Hulk was pretty damaged by the use of the infinity stones. We see him after the battle in a sling.  So my guess is they didn't want to show anything on film that would be considered a "plot hole." I.e. Why is he in a sling but able to go full combat in the battle.  

As for She-Hulk, there was a clip that aired on TV that shows that after She-Hulk out throws Banner, Banner literally chucks a boulder into the stratosphere.  Banner isn't going full out in the training with She-Hulk, like a parent playing pick up ball with their kid he's kind of pulling his punches.  It's only when She-Hulk tries to show him up that he decides to bust out the full strength. 

TLDR - Hulk is weaker because he's smarter (and by extension calmer).  He also probably has some residual damage from the snap.

Thanks, makes sense.

I think we just needed a Hulk out moment.  I get that by that time he had reconciled his issues and was at peace with the Professor Hulk balance.  I think part of the issue was not seeing him go through that and become balanced.  The version we see in Endgame doesn't likely need any "revenge" other than handling the snap to bring people back.  

7 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Thanks, makes sense.

I think we just needed a Hulk out moment.  I get that by that time he had reconciled his issues and was at peace with the Professor Hulk balance.  I think part of the issue was not seeing him go through that and become balanced.  The version we see in Endgame doesn't likely need any "revenge" other than handling the snap to bring people back.  

Honestly, that is one of my biggest complaints of Endgame, that we don't get the Professor Hulk transition.  I get this was a "shock" moment, but it would have been nice at some point to see how that happened. 

On 8/15/2022 at 4:46 PM, NOTW said:

Something that just crossed my mind that I’m shocked I’ve never seen anyone else being up. This is in the midst of black widow movie happening just after civil war, and people talking about us losing Cap because he got some of that life Tony’s always been talking about. 

we NEVER saw any of the 5 years. Infinity war ends with the snap and nick fury seeing cars crash and helicopters fly into buildings. He dusts. We see the surviving heros have that instant reaction to ultimate failure. End game gives us them a week or so later than yada yadaing space travel to thanks planet to kill him

but we saw ZERO of that 5 years. The detestation of the globe. Clearly there were no Thanos-level world ending events, but the avengers HAD to have had major conflicts, warlords or whatever trying to overthrow nations. Nick fury is gone so someone needs to help keep humanity afloat. We could get Natasha, cap, and plenty of others back covering that time period. 

as I type this out… black panther 2. I don’t think any of the trailers expressly hinted at this, but I bet it 100% happens during that 5 years. T’Challa dusted, so easy way to explain his absence. And in the trailer the mom says "my entire family is dead” or something like that.. and Shurri is alive which made me thing a few weeks ago "why would they spoil the death of her… unless it’s like when killmonger "killed” T’Challa in the ceremony”. But now if he dusted and his sister dusted, the mom is left with a vacant throne, half their tribe dead, the world in shambles… it could be a film just showing how that isolated part of the world deals with the thanos event

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Something that just crossed my mind that I’m shocked I’ve never seen anyone else being up. This is in the midst of black widow movie happening just after civil war, and people talking about us losing Cap because he got some of that life Tony’s always been talking about. 

we NEVER saw any of the 5 years. Infinity war ends with the snap and nick fury seeing cars crash and helicopters fly into buildings. He dusts. We see the surviving heros have that instant reaction to ultimate failure. End game gives us them a week or so later than yada yadaing space travel to thanks planet to kill him

but we saw ZERO of that 5 years. The detestation of the globe. Clearly there were no Thanos-level world ending events, but the avengers HAD to have had major conflicts, warlords or whatever trying to overthrow nations. Nick fury is gone so someone needs to help keep humanity afloat. We could get Natasha, cap, and plenty of others back covering that time period. 

as I type this out… black panther 2. I don’t think any of the trailers expressly hinted at this, but I bet it 100% happens during that 5 years. T’Challa dusted, so easy way to explain his absence. And in the trailer the mom says "my entire family is dead” or something like that.. and Shurri is alive which made me thing a few weeks ago "why would they spoil the death of her… unless it’s like when killmonger "killed” T’Challa in the ceremony”. But now if he dusted and his sister dusted, the mom is left with a vacant throne, half their tribe dead, the world in shambles… it could be a film just showing how that isolated part of the world deals with the thanos event

It’s an interesting theory. The only thing that may point against it is Namor. Namor is going to be at least an antagonist of this film. In Endgame there’s a throwaway line about tremors under the ocean, a very strong hint that Namor and the Atlanteans are coming. But Okuye dismisses it as nothing. "We handle it, by not handling it.”   This occurs at the very end of the 5 year period. So either Namor hasn’t Appeared yet, meaning this can’t happen pre-Endgame or Okuye is hiding something from the Avengers, which is possible as Namor is a major opponent of Wakanda. 

30 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

It’s an interesting theory. The only thing that may point against it is Namor. Namor is going to be at least an antagonist of this film. In Endgame there’s a throwaway line about tremors under the ocean, a very strong hint that Namor and the Atlanteans are coming. But Okuye dismisses it as nothing. "We handle it, by not handling it.”   This occurs at the very end of the 5 year period. So either Namor hasn’t Appeared yet, meaning this can’t happen pre-Endgame or Okuye is hiding something from the Avengers, which is possible as Namor is a major opponent of Wakanda. 

I know none of this backstory, so I’ll be going on a "new” journey with that film no matter what. But it is interesting that endgame was engaging (or "positively distracting”) enough that nobody has really been like "so.. what all happened in the 5 year time jump?!”

46 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I know none of this backstory, so I’ll be going on a "new” journey with that film no matter what. But it is interesting that endgame was engaging (or "positively distracting”) enough that nobody has really been like "so.. what all happened in the 5 year time jump?!”

They touched on it very little in Spider-Man FFH & WandaVision.

13 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

went down a worm hole last night while enhaling a plate of egg foo yung and found this...

• Thanks 1

First She Hulk was not too bad IMO. CGI was sub par but better than I thought it was going to be, and not distracting.