Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

10 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Didn't see that one coming.  Fun fact for all of the age guys.  Andre Dillard is 25.  Jordan Howard is 26.  You 100% need to consider ages when drafting a player.

I hope they don't view this as a reason to push RB down the draft needs.  

 

 

Another lesson learned from drafting Dillard is your front office should only draft guys in the first that they have actually done research on and met prior to the draft.  

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Let's not get carried away. I'm not going to declare resigning Howard a good signing after the year he's just had. We brought him back and he still didn't get many carries. I mean I think this means Scott remains the #2 which is not good. 

 

If Jordan Howard can be what he was in 2019 here then that would be a better #2 than Scott.

 

But I don't see that happening and likely Howard is cut before the season.  Getting a productive RB in the mid-rounds or rookie FA is something that Howie is actually capable of.  

Howard is done. Camp body 

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Howard is done. Camp body 

I'm not sure. The Dolphins OL is bad. The Eagles OL will present a big upgrade.

.@mlombardiNFL: "I think Washington is going to be the next team to unload all their picks to try to get a QB. I think they love Lance. I don't think, I KNOW Washington loves Lance … I think they're willing to go get him

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

.@mlombardiNFL: "I think Washington is going to be the next team to unload all their picks to try to get a QB. I think they love Lance. I don't think, I KNOW Washington loves Lance … I think they're willing to go get him

 

That's a really good landing spot for him.  Sit behind Fitz for 6-8 weeks then take over a young talented hungry team likely in the hunt for the division.  

Howard is very meh. Not sure why they have to always dip in the same well. 

4 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

.@mlombardiNFL: "I think Washington is going to be the next team to unload all their picks to try to get a QB. I think they love Lance. I don't think, I KNOW Washington loves Lance … I think they're willing to go get him

If Trey Lance falls to 12, Howie needs to do all he can to get a haul from Washington. 

20 minutes ago, Grump99 said:

This is an excellent signing.  Unlike Doug and Andy, Siri is a proponent of running the football.  A healthy Jordan Howard can be very productive for us.

That's unfortunate.  Getting productivity out of broken down back that can't find a job probably shouldn't be our plan on building a high quality offense.

7 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

.@mlombardiNFL: "I think Washington is going to be the next team to unload all their picks to try to get a QB. I think they love Lance. I don't think, I KNOW Washington loves Lance … I think they're willing to go get him

This is why I wouldn't have traded from 6 to 12 yet.  Probably could get more real time on draft day.  

Or if he falls to 12, maybe we get even more.

36 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Pretty sure you don’t have to be an entitled rich dude, to speed and cause an accident.  There are plenty of non-rich dudes who feel like the rules don’t apply to them 

There's an old saying - "if a kid is a turd when he's poor what do you expect he will be like when you hand him millions of dollars?" You are right that plenty of non - rich dudes feel like the rules don't apply to them - or at least think it's not illegal if police aren't there to see it. But every single one of them would be much worse if they suddenly had resources.

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I think he's more Alshon Jeffery but I'd be thrilled if he comes close to either of them.  I like him too.  He's going to be a MUCH better pro than he was college WR. 

Faster than Jeffrey but has his skills.

22 minutes ago, RLC said:

Back to back good moves by Howie? Howie is better without cap space.

Nah.   Howie is better when there are no expectations.  When there is money or when they are contending, he gets all discombobulated and makes expensive mistakes.

 

ross-geller-freaks-out-gif.gif

"Make a big splash... make a big splash... make a big splash."

 

 

 

tenor.gif?itemid=4363759

 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Howard is very meh. Not sure why they have to always dip in the same well. 

I'm fine with it for 2021.  

They need insurance behind an injury-prone Sanders, who has never had a heavy load.  Boston Scott has his individual packages and plays as a nice scat back, but he is dysfunctional in true relief as the primary back.  Drafting a running back and their short shelf life when we are years away from contention would be asinine.  Howard has been here.  I'd say he knows the offense, but I guess that's changing...although Siri is a Reich disciple and Lowie calls the shots anyway, so familiarity will be a plus.

So Howard it is.  

I don’t think Lance gets past Denver .

Can't remember the last time a team traded with a div rival to give them a franchise QB prospect. If Howie trades with WAS for them to take a QB, it needs to be the most lopsided fleece job in recent memory, only way you could justify giving a potential franchise QB to a div rival.

9 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I don’t think Lance gets past Denver .

I think one of Lance, Fields, Jones will fall.

If one doesn't, then it has to mean there was a hot market for trading up...and we likely should have traded out of 6 on draft day for more.

Once the top 4 QB's go, there will be a limited market for the 5th, whomever that might be.

 

Don't know much about Wilson.  Much more aware of Barr and Kendricks in that defense.  Outside of the first play where he gets trucked, some nice plays here against the Seahawks.  Eagles seem to have luck with Cincinnati guys.  Wilson and Singleton could fly around a bit but would like a thumper to go with.  Parsons flanked by those 2 would be a huge upgrade to LB for 2021.  We wouldn't recognize the defense.

 

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Can't remember the last time a team traded with a div rival to give them a franchise QB prospect. If Howie trades with WAS for them to take a QB, it needs to be the most lopsided fleece job in recent memory, only way you could justify giving a potential franchise QB to a div rival.

Eagles traded our franchises best quarterback at the time, Donovan McNabb to the Redskins...but realize he wasn't a franchise prospect at that point in his career.

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Can't remember the last time a team traded with a div rival to give them a franchise QB prospect. If Howie trades with WAS for them to take a QB, it needs to be the most lopsided fleece job in recent memory, only way you could justify giving a potential franchise QB to a div rival.

Yeah I don't think Howie is of a mindset right now to make moves than can blow up in his face.  That's why he traded out of 6.  If he drafts someone at 6 who has a bad rookie year...forget about it.  There will literally be burning pitchforks outside his house.

Draft a disappointment at 12 and you can say your #6 overall pick yielded you another 1st, a 4th, and a just slowly developing rookie at 12.  It was a defensive trade.  I agree with moving back, but especially considering the timing, it was a defensive move for sure.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Eagles traded our franchises best quarterback at the time, Donovan McNabb to the Redskins...

Yup, they sure did.  And McNabb was washed up at the time.  

49 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Essentially, we are trying to be the 2020 Vikings defense. 

Calm down Howie

I like Howard. Im happy they brought him back. i think he is a good RB when used correctly. Hes decent at shotgun but very good in a singleback and iform style set. Hes a nice one cut back. Hopefully Nick likes to run those sets to get the most out of Jordan. 

27 minutes ago, RLC said:

Back to back good moves by Howie? Howie is better without cap space.

Producer / Director / Actor Kevin Smith first feature film "Clerks" was essentially paid for with credit cards - definitely low budget. Great movie. Clerks did so well that the studio gave him a budget to work with on his next project "Mallrats". While Mallrats was popular among regular audience it didn't review well at all. It's definitely fair to say that starting off Smith did better with limited resources - and he attributed this to needing to be very careful how he used his resources for Clerks since he really could ill afford a mistake. 

56 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Essentially, we are trying to be the 2020 Vikings defense. 

Their 29/32 ranking would probably make our offense green with envy.

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I think one of Lance, Fields, Jones will fall.

If one doesn't, then it has to mean there was a hot market for trading up...and we likely should have traded out of 6 on draft day for more.

Once the top 4 QB's go, there will be a limited market for the 5th, whomever that might be.

 

I think this is such a over hyped QB class , 3 of the top 5 will be average at best , statistics are statistics.

I personally am a big fan of Mills and Mond , I would sit both for a year , I think teams drafting later in rounds will draft both and rs them 

1 hour ago, jwill2420 said:

Why the hell would you do that?

What’s the issue with it? Trade value chart shows that #12 is pretty equal to #20 & #52. Unloading Ertz to get additional value in a 3rd that would be a 5th (if we were lucky to get at this point) to clear cap space for rookies. You might be able to get more if one of the QBs are there at 12 and you know the Bears are trading up for them.

Now this is only if the top 2 CBs are off the board for me to pull the trigger.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.