Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

11 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I think this is such a over hyped QB class , 3 of the top 5 will be average at best , statistics are statistics.

I personally am a big fan of Mills and Mond , I would sit both for a year , I think teams drafting later in rounds will draft both and rs them 

Disagree. Think the top 5 have first round talent and worthy of their top picks. Obviously they won’t all work out but that doesn’t mean they don’t have the talent. I think it will be more about their circumstances (not saying anything groundbreaking).

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re basically trading Ertz for the 2022 3rd.   Because the cost of moving up from 20 to 12 would cost a mid to late 2nd this year.   
 

I would do it.  
 

More so to watch all the morons flip out when we trade down again.  

I’d rather stay at 12 then grab a extra second. This isn’t a very deep draft. We need a impact player out of this draft. 

As long as you aren’t actively hurting the team on run D, I’m fine with that. 

11 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Dropping 8 spots to net another 2nd rounded and unloading Ertz for value. What’s wrong with that? 

Dropping 8 spots should net you the second rounder without adding Ertz. I would want something else in that trade. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

As long as you aren’t actively hurting the team on run D, I’m fine with that. 

Don’t think there are many LBs on the roster that are great against the run that he will be stealing reps from. New scheme, let’s see how it plays out. Haven’t even drafted yet.

  • Author
1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Didn't see that one coming.  Fun fact for all of the age guys.  Andre Dillard is 25.  Jordan Howard is 26.  You 100% need to consider ages when drafting a player.

I hope they don't view this as a reason to push RB down the draft needs.  

Historically, they've nominally covered most positions in free agency to avoid having a desperate need at a position. 

An approach they failed to accomplish last season with regards to WR.

1 minute ago, greendestiny27 said:

Dropping 8 spots should net you the second rounder without adding Ertz. I would want something else in that trade. 

Ertz has little to no trade value as made apparent already. He mailed it in last season and is on the opposite side of 30.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

As long as you aren’t actively hurting the team on run D, I’m fine with that. 

Still would like a LB in round 1 or 2 

  • Author
1 hour ago, Grump99 said:

This is an excellent signing.  Unlike Doug and Andy, Siri is a proponent of running the football.  A healthy Jordan Howard can be very productive for us.

:unsure:

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Historically, they've nominally covered most positions in free agency to avoid having a desperate need at a position. 

An approach they failed to accomplish last season with regards to WR.

But, easily could have by re-routing the money given to Slay or Hargrave to WR.

6 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Ertz has little to no trade value as made apparent already. He mailed it in last season and is on the opposite side of 30.

I think Howie is probably being unreasonable with his trade compensation expectations. 

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

:unsure:

And a healthy Desean... a healthy Brooks... a healthy Johnson... a healthy Peters... a healthy .....

 

 

I hear so frequently about how a 'healthy player X' would be very good to great all the time.   Maybe the goal should be to figure out why this team is suffering so many injuries... and/or not rely on so many oft-injured players.   Just a thought.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

:unsure:

I guess Howard as a camp body with a minimum non guaranteed contract isn't the worst possible thing, but that's about it. He may be just about done if not totally. Howie says he needs to move away from the same guys yet here he is bringing back Howard who looked shot last year... 

  • Author
3 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I guess Howard as a camp body with a minimum non guaranteed contract isn't the worst possible thing, but that's about it. He may be just about done if not totally. Howie says he needs to move away from the same guys yet here he is bringing back Howard who looked shot last year... 

Low risk.  Doesn't prevent them from brining in other options.  He's not very old and was productive two seasons ago before the shoulder injury.

7 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Low risk.  Doesn't prevent them from brining in other options.  He's not very old and was productive two seasons ago before the shoulder injury.

As long as it doesn't prevent anything else, is a minimum deal and non guaranteed. Fine, I guess...

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Essentially, we are trying to be the 2020 Vikings defense. 

Calm down Howie

This is the bargain bin shopping the Eagles needed to do in FA to fill holes.  LB and RB are the most economical plugs.

Wouldn’t it be amazing if Sirianni and Steichen actually make use of Howard?

Howie's patching holes before the draft so he can go BPA and no one has to be forced into the lineup in September.

Wilson is basically a nickel LB who was forced into a starting role, he's a one year patch while Taylor and Bradley learn.

Doesn't preclude taking a LB, Edwards and Singleton are primarily run stoppers with limited coverage skills.

Only position where they lack the stop gap veteran is CB, Slay & ???

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles read the Blog

Love the move

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Howie's patching holes before the draft so he can go BPA and no one has to be forced into the lineup in September.

Wilson is basically a nickel LB who was forced into a starting role, he's a one year patch while Taylor and Bradley learn.

Doesn't preclude taking a LB, Edwards and Singleton are primarily run stoppers with limited coverage skills.

Only position where they lack the stop gap veteran is CB, Slay & ???

WR is ??? and ????

2 minutes ago, uncphillyfan said:

Love the move

Its a great signing at a definite position of need.  He is a tackling machine.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Calm down Howie

Even though this is certainly a lowball deal, it makes me wonder if we plan to draft a RB at all now. I had kinda hoped we'd go for a Blount-type RB in a later round.

7 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

WR is ??? and ????

Raegor and Fulgham isn't good by any stretch of the imagination but its still orders of magnitude away from lining up Michael Jacquet at CB2.

Bradley will never be a starter, or at least worthy of being one without injuries on a terrible team, which actually puts him in a good spot to start here... 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Pretty sure you don’t have to be an entitled rich dude, to speed and cause an accident.  There are plenty of non-rich dudes who feel like the rules don’t apply to them 

True, I'm probably not one to talk as I've had my share of speeding tickets though never been in a wreck because of said speed, 

Then again I don't drink nor drink and drive never done drugs or driven while impaired and know how to operate brakes  so when I'm speeding I'm perfectly sober😊

I've been in a hurry early in the morning in questionable road conditions and been speeding and never totalled my car, I'd like to think I'm lucky which I am but seems to me that woods was doing just more than driving fast while tired.

I've driven while tired many times on over night road trips and I don't speed in those situations if any thing I drive slower than normal when I'm drowsy not faster.

So I don't buy the excuse that he was sleepy and in a hurry so much so that he forgot how to operate a brake.

Logical conclusion would be that he was impaired while driving due to alcohol or drugs.

 

 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.