Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

10 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Back Pain GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

 

How the heck did you get a camera into my house?! :ph34r: 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure. I'm not an expert on back surgeries of course. It's the ultimate risk-reward with Farley. I'm not sure where I would be comfortable with him. Maybe the second half of the second round.

I'm really hoping that all of the ridiculous injuries that have occurred for the past 4 seasons were a direct result of the coaching staff and their inability to prepare these players for a full football season (it seems most people blame the medical staff and strength and conditioning coaches).  

57 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Saw this the other day and I don’t know if it was posted in here, but Miles has done this on 343 carries compared to Henry’s 681 and Chubb’s 488 in that timeframe. I know he has his issues, but it’s frustrating that he doesn’t get significantly more carries and I’m hoping he has a bigger role moving forward. 
 

In the beginning of the season Doug said he took Sanders out because he was exhausted. He's also been dinged up. I'm not sure he could even take a full workload 

37 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I paid to save the boards. I didnt expect to have any type of ownership or control. That wasnt the deal. I have no expectations of poster conduct based on the fact that I made a donation. You shouldnt either.

 With that said, theres been a code of conduct in blog since its inception and that has been broken lately. Used to be no religion, and no politics. Posters used to be able to follow those rules in here. Little by little as more idiots infiltrate politics have trickled in. But at the beginning of that process, there were still enough intelligent and respectful members in here exclusively that we could have those discussions, and it stayed respectful, and that made the blog actually a better place to discuss than going to CVON. So even then I thought it was ok.

But these days, theres too many idiots. Too few old blog regulars here. And its really no different than CVON. So, theres no reason to allow it in here once it goes off the rails like it has. It needs to stop now. 

LOL this thread is nothing like CVON

Just now, Mike030270 said:

 

LOL this thread is nothing like CVON

when you get to politics it is.

6 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I don't expect control, I expect that people aren't allowed to continually discuss politics and race bait in a football forum.

Stop crying already.  It is over.   Both Koy and I dropped it.  There have been plenty of political discussions\arguments over the years.  Most of them I just ignore and everybody gets back to football.  Even though we have our differences we all bleed green and 99% of us think that Howie sucks

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

 

LOL this thread is nothing like CVON

it is best to keep it that way

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Option 1:

Rd1 - Smith/Waddle

Rd2 - Farley/Samuel Jr

Option 2:

Rd1 - Surtain/Horn

Rd2 - Bateman/Marshall Jr

What ya got?

Horn/Marshall Jr or Bateman

Surtain/Marshall Jr or Bateman

Waddle/Farley

....

....

Smith/Farley

....

....

....

....

Smith/Samuel Jr

Simms likes Hawkins as much as I do 

 

 
. NFL Draft RB Rankings: 1. Travis Etienne, Clemson 2. Michael Carter, UNC 3. Javian Hawkins, Louisville 4. Najee Harris, Bama 5. Javonte Williams, UNC

I am comfortable taking a cb at 12 i just doubt Bateman or Marshall jr make it to pur second rounder. Which leaves me looking at LB or OL

Maybe eskridge in the third is the answer. Or the UNC kid.

im not going to panic if we dont get a wr in the top two picks

I don't understand the appeal of Bateman.  

6ers shooting terrible , embiid can't even finish a dunk with little contact

I wonder if Lowie will publicly acknowledge and address the myriad accusations about them this offseason or if they will try to quietly ignore it and hope it passes.

40 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I am comfortable taking a cb at 12 i just doubt Bateman or Marshall jr make it to pur second rounder. Which leaves me looking at LB or OL

Maybe eskridge in the third is the answer. Or the UNC kid.

im not going to panic if we dont get a wr in the top two picks

There are like 30 solid WR prospects in this draft. I could definitely live with them waiting to address it until round 3 or later. Maybe even round 4. In lesser WR drafts teams have been able to find gems. Would be happy to see them put the focus on defense early, especially in the secondary where I'm pinning my hopes on Gannon, as a Zimmer disciple, actually being able to contribute a good eye for evaluation. 

5 minutes ago, dukebowden said:

There are like 30 solid WR prospects in this draft. I could definitely live with them waiting to address it until round 3 or later. Maybe even round 4. In lesser WR drafts teams have been able to find gems. Would be happy to see them put the focus on defense early, especially in the secondary where I'm pinning my hopes on Gannon, as a Zimmer disciple, actually being able to contribute a good eye for evaluation. 

Yup i just wish there were better safety prospects

23 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I don't understand the appeal of Bateman.  

He caught my eye when he destroyed Penn State a few years back. He’s a prototypical X. Great hands, gets good separation and has a good release. Good RAC too. 

I could totally see this team liking Barmore, similar size to Cox who they also picked at 12. 

3 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Yup i just wish there were better safety prospects

James Wiggins ❤️

Just now, greendestiny27 said:

I could totally see this team liking Barmore, similar size to Cox who they also picked at 12. 

Barmore, Paye, Slater would all be disappointing picks at 12. 

The one guy in the draft that I just don’t see the hype for is Trey Lance.

Wiggins is a box safety i fear. Like the kid johnson from indiana more. Stearns might be able to play two high

9 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I wonder if Lowie will publicly acknowledge and address the myriad accusations about them this offseason or if they will try to quietly ignore it and hope it passes.

It's clearly going to be the bolded.  They perceive themselves as smarter than everyone in the room at all times.  They think they're smarter (Howie and Lurie) than the fans, the national media, the local media, the city of Philadelphia, and they think nobody is truly paying attention to all of these rumors because they "just" won the SB.  I honestly think they are completely oblivious to everything that goes on around them.  

I think about this saying constantly, and I feel like I've posted it before, but "If you listen to the fans you'll end up sitting with them."  In our case, if they listened to the fans, we'd have young talent all over the place on both sides of the ball.  

Slater would just be too good to pass on. No complaints if we take him

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Wiggins is a box safety i fear. Like the kid johnson from indiana more. Stearns might be able to play two high

He’s solid in coverage and has good ball skills.

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Slater would just be too good to pass on. No complaints if we take him

As a guard?

6 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Slater would just be too good to pass on. No complaints if we take him

Slater is a legit dominant player (see tape vs Chase Young if you have doubts).  He would give us depth at all OL positions. 

2 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

As a guard?

I think he play either. Could be an all world guard for ten years. Dude is complete

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.