Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I’m hoping now for a Surtain/Horn + Bateman/Marshall combo. But I think something realistic that fits their draft philosophy, roster philosophy and needs could be:

R1- Rashawn Slater OL: positional versatility OT/OG

R2- Tyson Campbell CB: CB2 w/CB1 potential

R3A- Rashad Weaver DL: inside/out versatility, situationally 

R3B- Chazz Surratt- S turned off ball LB

R4- Nico Collins WR: solid X candidate w/good frame

R5- Kylin Hill RB: RB2 who can start when needed

R6A Olaijah Griffin CB: backup outside CB

R6B Sam Ehlinger QB: developmental QB

R6C Tariq Thompson S: late round steal, 2 high S

R7A Daelin Hayes DL: PS candidate

R7B Tommy Doyle OL: PS candidate

 

I think this is pretty realistic in that it’s doesn’t include any picks that have little to no chance of being available at these spots. It addresses a good number of their needs and places emphasis on the lines. Frankly it includes about 4 of my favorite players so it’s definitely got some of my bias in it (Campbell, Collins, Hill, Thompson). 

Yep you know the eagles

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Doug said fatigue.

Rather than admit he had no feel for in-game playcalling, he chose to toss his player under the bus and said an NFL RB was too tired to get more carries

When OJ Simpson was at USC, he had 37 carries in a game against UCLA. A reporter asked his coach, John McKay, if he was afraid that OJ would get tired, carrying the ball so many times.

McKay said, "Why? It's not heavy."

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

@Outlaw you wanna take this or should I ? 

I honestly have no patience for such a hot turd, I mean "take.”

Anyone here of interest?  Besides Ertz 

A5971FA5-8B4D-43F0-BB82-C3B6BF677784.jpeg

6 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Anyone here of interest?  Besides Ertz 

A5971FA5-8B4D-43F0-BB82-C3B6BF677784.jpeg

No. I don't think we will be trading for ertz.

Interest in the CBs but can't afford them. 

19 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Anyone here of interest?  Besides Ertz 

A5971FA5-8B4D-43F0-BB82-C3B6BF677784.jpeg

Nope. Time to get young and focus on homegrown guys for a year or two, with the occasional one year deal for bargain vets that fill need positions and leadership. 

31 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Anyone here of interest?  Besides Ertz 

A5971FA5-8B4D-43F0-BB82-C3B6BF677784.jpeg

A late-round pick for Hughes would be fine. 

37 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Anyone here of interest?  Besides Ertz 

A5971FA5-8B4D-43F0-BB82-C3B6BF677784.jpeg

TB won’t trade Brate ,  he is clutch for them , they only have 3 TEs , Gronk , Howard and Brate ,they need Howard to stay healthy .

47 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Anyone here of interest?  Besides Ertz 

A5971FA5-8B4D-43F0-BB82-C3B6BF677784.jpeg

I'd love to find a way to get Njoku here.  He hasn't lived up to his hype and as TE2 behind Goedert he would be dynamic. 

love this draft - hopefully we get a tradeback opportunity where we only have to move one or two spots. i really want another third

  • 13.
    DeVonta Smith
    WR Alabama
    trade icon
  • 37.
    Trevon Moehrig
    S TCU
     
  • 70.
    Pete Werner
    LB Ohio State
     
  • 77.
    Tyson Campbell
    CB Georgia
    trade icon
  • 84.
    Dylan Moses
    LB Alabama
     
  • 123.
    Ambry Thomas
    CB Michigan
     
  • 150.
    Osa Odighizuwa
    DT UCLA
     
  • 189.
    Robert Hainsey
    OG Notre Dame
     
  • 224.
    Malcolm Koonce
    EDGE Buffalo
     
  • 225.
    Dez Fitzpatrick
    WR Louisville
     
  • 234.
    Jack Anderson
    OG Texas Tech
     
  • 240.
    Noah Gray
    TE Duke

 

13 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'd love to find a way to get Njoku here.  He hasn't lived up to his hype and as TE2 behind Goedert he would be dynamic. 

Look at his contract. 

I can see him dropping to late rd 1 

 

 
Caleb Farley: 26.8 passer rating allowed in 2019 Best among Power 5 CBs

also probably how many vertebrae he has left...

man he is good but his injury history scares the crap out of me...high risk high reward

11 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I can see him dropping to late rd 1 

 

 
Caleb Farley: 26.8 passer rating allowed in 2019 Best among Power 5 CBs

Given that he has already tore his ACL and has had issues with his back for a while now, I could see him dropping, too.

35 minutes ago, DumbleBear said:

Pfff... "some" of you aint worth the effort.

Thank God "some" of you are. 

 

Good Luck today. Stay safe and for your family . Come home safe. 

Hey Shocker

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Hey Shocker

JR actually 

6 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Hey Shocker

 

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

JR actually 

Is that today’s debate,  who is @DumbleBear a clone of ??

22 minutes ago, downundermike said:

 

Is that today’s debate,  who is @DumbleBear a clone of ??

Don't matter all 3 are on the ignore list. 

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Man.  I should have copied and saved my posts slamming Lurie last offseason and the subsequent defense responses that came right back at me.  Sure seems like his defenders have gotten quiet.  It's almost like when I started the Howie sucks campaign a few years ago and now look at all of us all agreeing together.  I wonder what topic I'll have to spike the football on this time next year.  My gut is Devonte Smith.   

In 2023, it'll be Brian Johnson, I'll be able to come back and say "I told you so".  Because he'll be gone as a HC somewhere else and we'll be stuck with NS for another year.  

Brian Johnson brings the juice... NS is very meh

 

56 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

JR actually 

No.

6 minutes ago, justrelax said:

No.

I think he meant trotter is god, also on the ignore list. Doesnt matter what name he uses, hes a loser and pretty easy to see when he changes his name. 

Looks like we were blaming Doug Pederson for not running the ball but the athletic article blew this story wide open. Wow. It is worse than I thought in that front office...

13 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Looks like we were blaming Doug Pederson for not running the ball but the athletic article blew this story wide open. Wow. It is worse than I thought in that front office...

So it was Lurie that the OL went to see in 2017 after the loss to KC and told him to start running the ball ...... wow, indeed.

9 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Looks like we were blaming Doug Pederson for not running the ball but the athletic article blew this story wide open. Wow. It is worse than I thought in that front office...

We will see if there is truth to this with Nick and his play calling. Or if the FO learned from the mistakes they made if it was true. 

Nick in a lot of Colts interviews mentions you build through the run game. The pass game has success with a good run game being established. Watching the Colts offense you see that. If Nick is passing 70+ % of the time in Philly then you know the FO has their nose in it because it goes in the complete oppt direction Nick has been use to and has claimed out of his mouth what brings success in the scheme he believes in. 

In the end there is nothing we can do as fans if it is the case. People can say well fans need to not go to the games, stop buying merch etc. Well as a season ticket holder I can not just not pay for my tickets. I will lose them and the wait list is about 75 years long so there is someone next in line waiting for some moron to stop paying for his tickets.

We just have to hope that if this was the case that the FO learns from the mistakes they have made sooner then later. 

37 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Brian Johnson brings the juice... NS is very meh

 

Rhodes was a fiery speaker, so what?

The fantasy of the HC going into the locker room and giving great speeches is really a college motif, firing up 19 year old kids. When you're dealing with 30 year old professionals, that shtick wears thin.

Most important thing a HC does is be a good administrator, that is, hire good coordinators and assistant coaches and work with them to improve your team and develop game plans. A HC who wants to spend most of his time as a OC/DC should stay a coordinator.

I like the Johnson hiring, but he's a half dozen years or more from HC status, first prove himself as a QB coach at the NFL level, then get promoted to OC, then if your offense is a top group for a few years, you'll be in the running for a HC job.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.