Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

After 12 seasons, Julian Edelman has officially announced his retirement from the #NFL

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

So you guys decide to basically kill the ability for non emb addicts to follow along with news and new topics by cramming it all into the blog, then you ish it up with political garbage, eventhough you have been told to move it to cvon. Nothing is ever done about it and you guys can't follow simple directions.  This board is quickly going the way of the og emb. Overrun with political asshats with nothing to do but spew their views were no one wants or cares to hear them.  I won't be financially supporting this board anymore, nor sharing the affiliate links. All the effort put into making this board is being ish on by you guys. 

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b1ximwq3asntbg39pq4

NOV19-We-Are-Laughing-Eyman.gif

3 minutes ago, What The F said:

So you guys decide to basically kill the ability for non emb addicts to follow along with news and new topics by cramming it all into the blog, then you ish it up with political garbage, eventhough you have been told to move it to cvon. Nothing is ever done about it and you guys can't follow simple directions.  This board is quickly going the way of the og emb. Overrun with political asshats with nothing to do but spew their views were no one wants or cares to hear them.  I won't be financially supporting this board anymore, nor sharing the affiliate links. All the effort put into making this board is being ish on by you guys. 

Sounds like you need a break from the internet , far too sensitive 

10 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

 

With as many holes as this team has I think everything is in play

 

Although sadly true, that’s not as fun. 
 

How would you rank CB, WR, DE, OT, or heck even LB as most likely to be taken by Howie in the first this year? 

would love to see the team bring some FA CB's in for a look. i know the team will draft atleast 2 CB's , but could get better cheap depth then what they have. they should look into breeland 29 , burns 26 , conley 26 , poole 28 , nelson 28 he might be looking for big money , hell and rasul 26. tired of seeing this team give up 3rd and forever's

Just now, vaeagle2 said:

would love to see the team bring some FA CB's in for a look. i know the team will draft atleast 2 CB's , but could get better cheap depth then what they have. they should look into breeland 29 , burns 26 , conley 26 , poole 28 , nelson 28 he might be looking for big money , hell and rasul 26. tired of seeing this team give up 3rd and forever's

 

Yeah I'm really shocked they haven't signed any sort of bargain bin veteran CB.  We have Slay, Maddox and what else at corner?  

8 minutes ago, What The F said:

So you guys decide to basically kill the ability for non emb addicts to follow along with news and new topics by cramming it all into the blog, then you ish it up with political garbage, eventhough you have been told to move it to cvon. Nothing is ever done about it and you guys can't follow simple directions.  This board is quickly going the way of the og emb. Overrun with political asshats with nothing to do but spew their views were no one wants or cares to hear them.  I won't be financially supporting this board anymore, nor sharing the affiliate links. All the effort put into making this board is being ish on by you guys. 

 

0afc5d1b-044c-4f18-9b9b-10773352929e_text.gif

6 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

would love to see the team bring some FA CB's in for a look. i know the team will draft atleast 2 CB's , but could get better cheap depth then what they have. they should look into breeland 29 , burns 26 , conley 26 , poole 28 , nelson 28 he might be looking for big money , hell and rasul 26. tired of seeing this team give up 3rd and forever's

They are interested in TJ Carrie and just waiting for his $ to come down, from reports. 

2 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Although sadly true, that’s not as fun. 
 

How would you rank CB, WR, DE, OT, or heck even LB as most likely to be taken by Howie in the first this year? 

OT -because of the issues we have and needing to keep the QB upright

WR -we have no weapons really after so many years

CB -who else is there besides Slay? And he's old

LB -we desperately need LB but I'm not sure if there's anyone worth it at 12. This could be higher but Howie also has history of not caring

DE-I think I saw somewhere that this draft isn't good for DEs

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Yeah I'm really shocked they haven't signed any sort of bargain bin veteran CB.  We have Slay, Maddox and what else at corner?  

do we still have robey-coleman? who was to be the nickle savior update just saw him and leblanc are ufa

11 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Although sadly true, that’s not as fun. 
 

How would you rank CB, WR, DE, OT, or heck even LB as most likely to be taken by Howie in the first this year? 

My rank would be 

DE

CB

OT

WR

.

.

.

LB

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

My rank would be 

DE

CB

WR

OT

.

.

.

LB

Interesting. I thought I saw someone post that DE isn't strong this year

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Interesting. I thought I saw someone post that DE isn't strong this year

It's not at all but that doesn't make me think Howie is less likely to go there in the first.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

It's not at all but that doesn't make me think Howie is less likely to go there in the first.

Damn that's a scary thought

Just now, vaeagle2 said:

do we still have robey-coleman? who was to be the nickle savior

No he was a 1 year deal guy last year. If anyone Id like to bring back Douglas. I didnt want to lose him to begin with . I always though he was a nice corner who just lacks top speed but in a cover 2 system he would be a nice fit. Problem is would he even consider coming back? 

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

No he was a 1 year deal guy last year. If anyone Id like to bring back Douglas. I didnt want to lose him to begin with . I always though he was a nice corner who just lacks top speed but in a cover 2 system he would be a nice fit. Problem is would he even consider coming back? 

maybe with jim gone he see's a better fit

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Interesting. I thought I saw someone post that DE isn't strong this year

I wouldnt touch a DE in the first 2 rounds. But in the mid rounds there is some talent with value in those rounds. 

10 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

do we still have robey-coleman? who was to be the nickle savior update just saw him and leblanc are ufa

 

Pretty sure he was just a one year deal.  

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

I wouldnt touch a DE in the first 2 rounds. But in the mid rounds there is some talent with value in those rounds. 

I just don't know if the eagles can get out of their own programmed way not to take a DE. There are a few lber DE hybrid In the first. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

My rank would be 

DE

CB

OT

WR

.

.

.

LB

i'm hoping howie will surprise and go CB or WR 1st , LB or WR 2nd , then LB or CB i like a heavy defense early draft , unless chase or waddle fall in the 1st or moore or lsu marshall in the 2nd

20 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Although sadly true, that’s not as fun. 
 

How would you rank CB, WR, DE, OT, or heck even LB as most likely to be taken by Howie in the first this year? 

 

CB

OT

WR

DE

LB

14 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Although sadly true, that’s not as fun. 
 

How would you rank CB, WR, DE, OT, or heck even LB as most likely to be taken by Howie in the first this year? 

Howie was named VP of Player Personnel in 2008, so since then has had some level of influence over the draft strategy.  The Eagles first picks since then (regardless of round) have been:

DT, WR, DE, OG, DT, OT, DE, WR (2015 Chip?), QB, DE, TE, OT, WR

13 years, and it's been DL 5 times, OL 3 times, WR 3 times, QB once and TE once (at pick #49)

 

No LB, no CB, no S, no RB.  It was 2002 when the Eagles used their first three draft picks in the secondary, and it worked pretty well.  It's a passing league -- since the Eagles haven't had a lot of luck drafting WR lately maybe they should try to get any combination of Horn/Surtain/Newsome/Melifonwu/Farley with Moehrig/Grant/Holland/Nasirildeen and maybe later in the 3rd round get Stokes/Campbell/Johnson to try to defend the pass a little better.

There is a lot of good talent in this draft in the secondary; it would be pretty bad to come away with none of it.  I'm hopeful the Eagles could come away with a good CB and S out of the draft early on.

 

 

4 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

i'm hoping howie will surprise and go CB or WR 1st , LB or WR 2nd , then LB or CB i like a heavy defense early draft , unless chase or waddle fall in the 1st or moore or lsu marshall in the 2nd

If it was me personally, first two picks would be a CB/WR combo the first two rounds depending how the board falls. Smith and Waddle going early means you are likely getting one of Surtain or Horn. If Surtain or Horn goes early then you have likely one of Waddle or Smith. Whatever position you choose target the next in the 2nd or possibly a small move up back into the first. 

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Id be livid with us picking Waddle. I dont want another project WR that does not have route running skills. I dont want Ruggs jr. 

I'm sure after Jeff watched his highlight reels he will be on the short list at 12 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.